Summer School Programs for 4th & 6th grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer School Programs for 4th & 6th grade

I am proud of my public school education, but for several years I went to summer school at Punahou. I took enrichment classes in math, reading, science and music, and I really enjoyed them.

Now I am looking for a summer school program in Honolulu for a 4th and 6th grader. I am looking primarily for enrichment-type classes, not hard-core academics.

The problem is we will be away after 7/13, so the program has to end before that date.

I have checked out Punahou (runs too long), Iolani (6th grade ends when I need it to, but 4th grade runs too long) and the Academy of Arts (runs too long).

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Summer School Programs for 4th & 6th grade

You could do a lot worse than the summer program at Hawaii Baptist Academy. Summer program (with three sessions) here. I might also recommend the summer (day) camp or other summer programs at Assets School.

The local newspapers put out summer school inserts several weeks ago. I don't know if both local dailies did it this year, and I don't know when they were published, but that shouldn't be hard to track down.
    Last edited by scrivener; April 29, 2010, 06:36 AM.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thanks Scrivener. The HBA program looks like a good possibility. I will look into it.

Comment

This probably isn't what you're looking for but it's another, interesting option...
        http://www.estudiohawaii.com/home/index.html
        (click under "Summer Day Camps", left sidebar)

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion tutusue, but that was not what I was looking for (although it does indeed sound interesting).

Comment

Working...
          X