Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what year you grad Kukui High School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what year you grad Kukui High School?

The logo sign in the locker room says: Kukui Kings. Nuts!

Comment

Ryan's in today's Star-Advertiser at this link. Good long story, and it includes:

"The popularity of Kukui High School, the fictional alma mater of lawmen Steve McGarrett and Chin Ho Kelly on "Hawaii Five-0," is going viral.
      "Mentioned just once in the series pilot, it not only spawned a fictional website, but now a line of clothing that will be sold by Bütigroove, according to Ryan Ozawa, the local über-blogger behind the Kukui High Web presence."

(...)
      "All kinds of ideas are flying around if things go well, including a whole rack of stuff a la Rainbowtique, but instead featuring all manner of KHS paraphernalia -- pennants, license plate holders, mugs, the works," Ozawa said.
      "So far, the network appears to like what it inspired.
      "Every producer wants smart, creative fans like this behind their show," said Peter Lenkov, an executive producer for "Five-0." "If I were the principal of Kukui High, I'd graduate these guys with honors."
      "Popularity of the Facebook page Ozawa created after the Sept. 20 network premiere -- more than 2,000 people "like" it -- as well as a yearbook online also inspired plans for a winter ball in December, a reunion at a local club and an offer from singer Jimmy Borges to record an alma mater song that he wrote.
      "An initial line of T-shirts is already selling, and Ozawa said he has mailed more than 100 "Student of the Month" bumper stickers to fans in Germany, Virginia, Maine, Utah, Arizona, California and throughout Hawaii.
      "Ozawa is hoping he can get one of the show's stars to wear a Kukui High T-shirt or join in the planned festivities."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I went to Piikoi High School. Great game, until some nut bust out the gun.

Comment

You can't miss Jimmy Borges' rendition of the Kukui High alma mater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V03hOPonkFI

Fantastic stuff. Got played on the radio, and HawaiiNewsNow showed an "excerpt" on TV. Interestingly, they said they couldn't play the whole song because the lyrics were "too adult" for the evening news. What's so scandalous about kukui nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            You can't miss Jimmy Borges' rendition of the Kukui High alma mater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V03hOPonkFI

Fantastic stuff. Got played on the radio, and HawaiiNewsNow showed an "excerpt" on TV. Interestingly, they said they couldn't play the whole song because the lyrics were "too adult" for the evening news. What's so scandalous about kukui nuts?
            I was filling out a credit app for a guy...when I asked who he worked for he said Mauna Loa Mac Farms. When I asked what his occupation was he said, "Nutpicker" I wanted to laugh so hard...but I bit my lip and cried instead!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X