Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "You Learn Something Every Day"

Originally posted by jdub
    hahahaha...yowza lady! you hold a grudge like bin laden!

i learned today that i can get to work in 10 minutes on my bike...sweet...

for the record, i'm doing patsy's work while she's on vacation...i just got a raise that will finance a 2-week vacation that has been approved, as well as a sweet bennies package, so i'm not complaining...but i don't have to be there for 10 hours per day, either...

i've learned that a cab home from a wednesday night gig at kelly o'neill's on lewers will cost me $20...ouch

Hah! Sure can! Sometimes I don't even remember why! Oh yeah, now I do: No raises, no vacation time, cuts in pay, increased hours without parallel compensation, a monthly tongue lashing for my inability to measure up! So maybe you've won him over! Maybe if you make it to the 2+ year mark, you get some respect. Wait. I worked there for more than 2 years. Not that you do, but I think it might have been my inability to suck up. That and calling someone there the "C" word to her face that one time.

Let's just say I've got a great job now. I can feel the love!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      Congrat's Jamie! I'm still seeing Dog Bites.

Auntie Lynn
      i know, i know...i've been dragging ass on my blog...i've learned that it's easier to tell stories with a beer in front of me!
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

I learned that one of the girls in my neighboorhood, who is around maybe 8 years old, gets around on a bicycle with a Hawai'i bicycle license plate attached to it. It's one of those airport gift shop mini-plates usually seen with a name embossed on it. In this case, the girl's name is Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
          it's easier to tell stories with a beer in front of me!
          ...than it is to have a frontal lobotomy!

Comment

I learned that if you are going to Satellite City Hall at Pearlridge, on the last day of the month, go by 10:30 in the morning. Short line, only like 5 minutes!

I also learned that getting a duplicate car registration is free---well, at least the first one!
            Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              I learned today that Ryan is a wonderful administrator and xoom-ed that spammer right off the boards the very day they joined! Zap! Pow! Banned!
              On behalf of all of us: Mahalo, Ryan!
              Gee, I just learned that some anonymous dweeb gave me a red chiclet at 3:14pm today for the post quoted above.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Gee, I just learned that some anonymous dweeb gave me a red chiclet at 3:14pm today for the post quoted above.
                It wasn't me LikaNui but boy oh boy that sure sounded like some major sucking up when I read that one

But hey we all suck up at one point or another and may I say LikaNui I really admire your posts

I've never noticed those chicklets and I never knew what those red ones were...thanks for that informative and truly inspirational post...yeah I'm as pucker'd up now
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I learned that although I changed my cellular service two hours prior to my husband, he still received his cell phone before me (yesterday)! And even though I called Cingular BEFORE him, we ordered the same free phone, so HELLOOOOO, why does he get his before me? I called tonight and was told my order is still in the warehouse because the sim card (?) is still on backorder. Arrrrrgh! Poor customer service guy, I was so irate!

How is this possible?!?
                  Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

I got two yesterday. Not for the same post. It's ok. Now it's looks like the HOLIDAYS are getting near. gREEN AND rEDS!!! So give me back some greens people! If you gonna leave me reds...at least leave your names so I know who and maybe I can can better myself? Ssshhhh?

Auntie Lynn

P.S. By the way, I deserved the red's.
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I learned that Friday afternoon is not a good time to go to Wal-Mart and that it takes a really long time to count out 117 dollars in ones (not me, the lady in front of me).

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        It wasn't me LikaNui but boy oh boy that sure sounded like some major sucking up when I read that one
                        I have absolutely nothing to gain by sucking up to Ryan. Zero, zip, zilch, nada. I just know how much effort it takes to run something like HawaiiThreads and I felt the rest of us don't thank him enough, that's all.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

thankya, Ryan!

Comment

Yes, many mahalos to Ryan and da odda moderators. They have a thankless task, trying to keep things civil and organized here on HT, and for the princely salaries they receive for doing this, they still manage to remain calm.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Today I've learned that I've yet to figure out how to receive compliments well.

Except, of course, to say thanks.

I also learned that while it rained cats and dogs about two hours ago, I still haven't gotten a call canceling my daughter's soccer game, and now that the sky is slightly clear... there may be a lot of muddy clothes in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                I also learned that while it rained cats and dogs about two hours ago, I still haven't gotten a call canceling my daughter's soccer game, and now that the sky is slightly clear... there may be a lot of muddy clothes in my future.
                                I always thought playing soccer in the mud looked like more fun than playing on a dry field! (the mud helps soften the falls) I dunno how many times I ended up watching my friend's daughter playing soccer while standing in the rain. The kids didn't seem to mind getting soaked and dirty, but generally soccer fields don't come with covered viewing stands!

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X