"You Learn Something Every Day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "You Learn Something Every Day"

today we learned how to hydrate my very sick kitty by using an iv. thank goodness it's only once a day for four days.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

aw kani-lehua poor thing your kitty...

today I learned that you should always use a recipe when you cook a meal, even if you've made it a thousand times. Also, I learned that pouring salt in dishes to even out the extra sugar you dumped in doesn't work.

Next time, I'll leave the cooking to my hubby.
      I know you are but what am I?
      --------------------------------------
      I blog:
      www.mamasdramas.wordpress.com

Comment

oopsie, hulagirl! regarding da salt.

yeah, my furry isn't doing well and eats very little. she's still drinking water and i know you're not supposed to, but i gave her some skim milk which she liked.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post

4. cafe kaila is a really nummy, pleasant place for breakfast.
          hmmmm... does that mean your mouth goes numb after eating there?!?!
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Today I learned that shaveice's avatar looks really really nummy.
            I also learned that kitty cat's aren't supposed to drink milk.
            Sorry about your kitty kani-lehua...
            I know you are but what am I?
            --------------------------------------
            I blog:
            www.mamasdramas.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post

4. cafe kaila is a really nummy, pleasant place for breakfast.
              Originally posted by shaveice View Post
              hmmmm... does that mean your mouth goes numb after eating there?!?!
              Originally posted by hulagirl View Post
              Today I learned that shaveice's avatar looks really really nummy.
              tee hee.

i learned this morning about gold bond medicated powder's cultish following, esp in the *ahem* netherlands.

the reason i found out about this is bcs the baby version of gold bond powder has become my choice as an antiperspirant substitute. some years ago, my armpits suddenly developed an extreme dislike for antiperspirants. i switched brands many times; tried deodorants instead of antiperspirants, and even used the rock for a month--all to no avail. eric suggested cornstarch. i tried regular johnson & johnson's cornstarch initially, then switched to gold bond baby powder. it was like the clouds parted and angels started singing. i've been using it for months now and had intended to post about it on the best purchases of the day thread and decided to do some online product research beforehand--which led me to my "airmen-love-gold-bond-powder" discovery.

apparently, gold bond powder is popular with many men for its cooling, chafe-relieving, "humidity-preventing" properties. the tingling sensation (which doesn't happen with the baby powder version, so i'm unfamiliar) is seemingly addictive as well. it's been a go-to product for many in the military, as far back as the vietnam war.

gold bond seems to be capitalizing on this with its rather amusingly euphemistic "powder my 'equipment'" ads.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

A dwarf planet orbiting beyond Neptune has been designated the third plutoid in the solar system and given the name Makemake, the International Astronomical Union said on Saturday.
                Source

I never knew who Makemake was, before seeing this - I only knew the word as a lyric in the song "Kipu Kai."

Comment

That although I love where I work..
                  Just kinda hit strong tonight.

I'm really disliking being a Glorified Shift Leader (middle management).
                  Being held responsible for others goof ups, while castrated as to doing anything about their behavior. I've talked, begged, Barked, Written-up, etc... but with nothing as disciplinary action to take? What can I do? Sheesh.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

My brother is going for becoming a Catholic Deacon, he just got approved for Acolyte.

And that... "I am only a level 3 cleric and can take out level 2's and any extra ordinaries- but pretty much only good for drawing fire and exposing the enemy."

I could have sworn an Acolyte was a level 4...live and learn.

Comment

Working...
                    X