"You Learn Something Every Day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "You Learn Something Every Day"

I learned that acousticlady has a cool sense of humor.

Comment

From the other threads I have read, I have learned that most of us here have a strong opionion on things and will speak our minds. That is so vital in getting to build an online community and I am enjoying everyones comments.

Keep it up.

I apologize if some of my threads seem like fire starters rather than the getting-to-know-you type of threads.

BTW-What is an Italian Pirate?

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoGuy75 View Post
        BTW-What is an Italian Pirate?
        Christopher Columbus
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoGuy75 View Post
          What on earth is an Italian Pirate?
          Just Google!!

Italian Pirate
          2 ounces Dark Rum
          1 ounce Campari
          1/2 ounce Falernum
          Stir with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime twist.
          Adapted from a recipe created by Robert Hess, 2000, and found on his web site, www.drinkboy.com

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            Just Google!!

Italian Pirate
            2 ounces Dark Rum
            1 ounce Campari
            1/2 ounce Falernum
            Stir with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime twist.
            Adapted from a recipe created by Robert Hess, 2000, and found on his web site, www.drinkboy.com

Auntie Lynn
            How 'bout that - You learn something new everyday.......

Comment

Bumping this thread!

I've learned from each and everyone of YOU!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                I've learned from each and everyone of YOU!
                Then, for my part, I sincerely apologize...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Then, for my part, I sincerely apologize...
                  Just gotta say that I think you (Leo Lakio) make me laugh the most here.
                  That's twice already this morning.
                  Tanks, eh!
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. That's nice to know, and very kind of you to say.

Comment

Learned of a great new site to learn languages:

http://www.trymango.com

Comment

One of our state birds...the construction crane...has been perched outside my 19th floor window since I bought the place earlier this year. The crane is building a nest...a 42 story building across the street. What I've enjoyed seeing is the American and Hawaiian flags flying from the back end of the crane at night, illuminated by a spotlight. It's very dramatic against the pitch black sky.

What I didn't know but recently learned from a friend is that illuminating the American flag at night is a law. How did I get so many decades into my lifetime without knowing that?

My upcoming New Years resolution is to keep a daily journal of at least one, new thing I learned that day...something to pass along to my grandkids.

Comment

I learned today that I can DL the KSDL lesson streams for later (offline) viewing with the following command...

Code:
                          mplayer -noframedrop -dumpstream "`wget -O - 'http://ksmedia.ksbe.edu:8080/ramgen/dl/kulaiwi/high/kulaiwi01.rm?usehostname' | head -1`" -dumpfile kulaiwi01.dump -bandwidth 999999999999
                          Now I'll have something to do during my 6 hour layover tomorrow in MSP. *AND* the quality looks way better than when I stream it with Realplayer.

Nathan

Comment

Today I read a sports magazine for the first time; the article in ESPN caught my eye about Colt Brennan. Interesting article! I happened to be in the "necessary" room at the time. (Oops! TMI!) Guess I learned you can't tell a magazine by its cover, 'cept this cover had Colt's picture on it.

Comment

I too am a newbie here

Still don't understand IM

Found out SPAM is better without wasting money trying others

I drool everyday over the lunches and breakfasts yall share

and too wonder who the politicans are you are talking about?

Live my life through all of you Sad? No, just lucky!

Thanks everyone!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

things i learned today, and it's barely 1PM:

1. if you have $10, a properly filled out application, and a picture ID like your hawaii driver license, you can get a certified copy of your birth certificate while you wait at the dept of health.

2. the line to get a birth, marriage, or death certificate is twenty times longer than to get a marriage application.

3. you can get your passport pic taken and your passport application filed at UH campus center.

4. cafe kaila is a really nummy, pleasant place for breakfast.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X