Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charm/Finishing School

the questions beg:
    -what restaurant is this that includes artichokes on their menu?
    -what is the proper way to eat one of these suckers? (I like them boiled, then with a tub of mayo/shoyu mix, I peel off a petal, swipe through the dressing, and scrape off the soft part with my bottom teeth).

...such a fattening vegetable.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      the questions beg:
      -what restaurant is this that includes artichokes on their menu?
      -what is the proper way to eat one of these suckers? (I like them boiled, then with a tub of mayo/shoyu mix, I peel off a petal, swipe through the dressing, and scrape off the soft part with my bottom teeth).

...such a fattening vegetable.
      The "proper" way to eat an artichoke in polite company is to peel back all the leaves, until you get to the "choke", scrape off the prickly part of the choke to get at the "heart" with a teaspoon, and cut that part up and eat it with some Russian dressing (kinda tastes like a potato). With family, sucking off the "meat" from the leaves is acceptable. Nowadays, most restaurants will only serve the artichoke heart (as part of a salad) to avoid having people getting confused about how to properly eat an artichoke.

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; November 11, 2006, 02:40 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm trying to picture one of the many local Tita's going to charm school:

Freshman coming in: Eh I goin broke you face if you talk stink ladat

Senior leaving: Excuse me but I think a bit of concealer would be fantastic on your face after I broke it...um I mean break it

Tita coming in to charm school with WalMart tube top

Tita coming out of charm school with a sparkling Macy's Bebe T-shirt

Tita coming in to charm school barefoot putting out cigarette with da heal.

Tita coming out of charm school with her best Scott slippahs, chewing gum.

Tita coming in to charm school: Eh we go grind

Tita coming out of charm school: Let's do lunch!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          I'm trying to picture one of the many local Tita's going to charm school:

Freshman coming in: Eh I goin broke you face if you talk stink ladat

Senior leaving: Excuse me but I think a bit of concealer would be fantastic on your face after I broke it...um I mean break it

Tita coming in to charm school: Eh we go grind

Tita coming out of charm school: Let's do lunch!
          (cough, cough) I was one of dem Tita's and still is!

Doing a curtsy before I went into my Tita act in Las Vegas!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
            Oddly enough, there was a segment on the CBS evening news last night about using charm/finishing school to help reduce recidivism in female juvenile delinquents.
            Wow! That sounds like a really good idea. If they aren't comfortable in good company when they get out, they'll end up in bad company. Might be a good idea for all prisoners.

Forget artichokes, the question is the right way to eat chicken that's still on the bone. Do you play with the silverware leaving a fair amount of meat behind, or do you dig in with your hands and clean up afterwords?

Yeah, I remember the ads for Sears charm school. Used to hang over the escalators in Sears.

Comment

Working...
            X