• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaonohi
    replied
    Re: Magnetic Anomaly - H-3

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Regardless of what everyone else says, I still insist the Omega Station is the underlying culprit of this Magnetic Anomaly.

Call me a conspiracy theorist.
    OK, you're a conspiracy theorist!
    (Better than a conspiracy realist, I guess...)

The Omega Station, when active, was the scene of some anomalies its own self! Flourescent tubes (light tubes/bulbs) would light up like light sabers, such was the electrical potential when the site was active. No more.

Why this static electric potential would migrate through a tunnel (to escape capture??) is beyond me, but as a true skeptic, I neither accept nor reject theories until adequate evidence is presented.

Menehune? Uhane? Unihipili? Quantum Flux? Mothman? Other? _________ fill; in your preference.

It is real. Wewant to know why and are taking steps to inquire. Your help is appreciated. Desired! I'll do what I can.

K?

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Woot! I'm introducing the motion that Kaonohi be allowed to investigate and assess the magnetic dysfunction near the H3 tunnel, and report back to us of his findings!!

Anyone second that motion?

BTW, has anybody done a Google search on this topic?
    Second. And while he's at it, he can bring some electronic recording device to pick up some EVP's. He'll probably pick up the sound of a conch shell and freak out.

Leave a comment:

• zff
    replied

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    I think it deserves an on-foot, handheld assessment, if I can get permission....
    I'm tempted to at least pull over and observe my compass while sitting in a stationary or very slow-moving car.

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Read this on the Omega system....then think 'Lost'

http://www.jproc.ca/hyperbolic/omega.html

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

It could simply be the layout of copper powerlines within the tunnel causing a strong EMF that's causing the anomaly.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Woot! I'm introducing the motion that Kaonohi be allowed to investigate and assess the magnetic dysfunction near the H3 tunnel, and report back to us of his findings!!

Regardless of what everyone else says, I still insist the Omega Station is the underlying culprit of this Magnetic Anomaly.

Call me a conspiracy theorist.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    I think it deserves an on-foot, handheld assessment, if I can get permission....

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    This probably doesn't have anything to do with the compass thing, but when H3 was being built, there was talk about sensors being embedded in the concrete supports and elsewhere along the highway to help monitor stress. If they were affecting compasses seems like the gyrations would happen all along the route.
    It may be, as this part just outside the tunnels is elevated. I noticed on H-1 near pali-to-Punahou area there were some minor glitches.... maybe iron/steel supports in the concrete?

K 2

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

This probably doesn't have anything to do with the compass thing, but when H3 was being built, there was talk about sensors being embedded in the concrete supports and elsewhere along the highway to help monitor stress. If they were affecting compasses seems like the gyrations would happen all along the route.

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

I remember when the H-3 first opened up, I had a rather eerie feeling driving on it. This feeling subsided as time went by. I've ruled out my imagination, because personal experience in these matters tell me otherwise. Since human occupation influences an environment, I tend to believe unseen forces do make way for the living.

A friend told me last week he had a headache and ear ringing while on the H-3 approaching the Marine Corps Base, near where there's a look-out area to Kaneohe Bay. He said he never had that before. I suggested that maybe the military was doing exercises with sonar equipment, and asked him if he was part whale.

Leave a comment:

• zff
    replied

I observed my iPhone compass during the drive to work this morning, and I witnessed the same magntic anomaly. First of all, I'd like to say that the compass in my iPhone isn't a very good one. Sometimes it has a consistient (but unpredictable) amount of error and sometimes the amount of error varies depending on the orientation of the phone. That said, the anomaly Kaonohi discovered is still very odd.

My experience seemed to be a little different. While I was driving through the anomaly, my compass was oscillating between between two consistient headings about 90° apart. The oddest thing about it was that the movement seemed very controlled. It was very regular and had a frequency of a little more than 1Hz. Maybe 1.5Hz. The movement was not random at all, and it never did a full 360° spin.

It seems unlikely that The Anomaly is related to the Omega Station since it occurs in the Halawa Valley side of the tunnels and the Omega Station was on the Haiku Valley side.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Copper by itself is non-magentic. When you wrap it around an iron object and apply an electric current to the copper then you get an electromagnet.

It might have something to do with the tunnels themselves.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I heard someone buried a Ouija board during the construction of H-3.

*sigh*
    I'm busted...

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

I should have read that entire facts page I linked to, which says:
    The Omega Station went through a decommissioning ceremony and shut down 30 September 1997.
    Well, even though the Omega Station is no longer in operation, perhaps all those decades of "charging" that valley with high voltage electricity has left a residual charge in the rocks to this day, causing this Magnetic Anomaly?

Since the Omega Station was decommisioned, did they remove this?:

The underground grid system covers almost 70 acres and consists of buried copper mesh, rods, and wires.
    That alone could be affecting the magnetic poles in the area, right?

Oh shoots, now the "desperate" are gonna' go digging around Haiku valley for the buried copper "treasure"!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

I heard someone buried a Ouija board during the construction of H-3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X