• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amati
    replied
    Re: Hospitals are making people sicker?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    ...exacerbated by negligent safety/health proceedures, like the basics of docs/nurses not washing up properly every time.
    This is a warning that is repeatedly given about being in the hospital, insist that the medical care people wash their hands before touching you. Every time, every procedure. And gloves do not replace the need to WASH.

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

Sadly I hear stories of people going to hospitals for minor issues and leaving with bigger ones. Contagious diseases love dense populations to begin with, but now take it up a notch with dense populations of sick/weakened people.

My dad used to repair medical equipment. He never worked in the same room as the patients and he never worked if he felt sick, so he never caught anything serious. He would get funky colds, probably from breathing the circulated air.

My guess is you get the serious stuff from being touched by the staff. I'm guessing they get it from touching other patients or contaminated surfaces/equipment.

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) is a big problem in hospitals.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Nothing new...
    It's no secret that you don't want to be in a hospital for any reason longer than you NEED to be there, danger bugs are everywhere, and exacerbated by negligent safety/health proceedures, like the basics of docs/nurses not washing up properly every time. Unnecessary contamination is rampant in medical settings.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    started a topic Hospitals are making people sicker?

Hospitals are making people sicker?

Has this happened to anyone else? Thank goodness I've never had to go to the hospital here. However, of all the people I know who have been treated at a certain hospital, all of them, plus half of their visitors, have come out with some sort of infection that usually requires medicine, or worst case - surgery! I'm really dismayed, and angry!! Hospitals are facilities for the purpose of providing people with appropriate medical care, right? So how come virtually everyone I can think of gets sicker, by infection, while at the hospital?? Its disturbing!! Infection!?! Whats going on?!

Anyone in the medical community have an explaination? Any stories or opinions? My sweet, sweet neighbor friend has to have surgery soon for an infection in her heart. Her heart!! She's not even going to the hospital for heart treatments!! I'm so upset and appalled that this happens with apparent regularity!!
Working...
X