Coqui frogs on the Big Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coqui frogs on the Big Island

So, Craig, Aaron, BKHale, and anybody else on this forum who lives on the Big Island: is it true that wen these buggahs are out singing, you can't hear yourself think?

Miulang

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science....ap/index.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Coqui frogs on Big Island in US News

Wanna hear what they sound like? This Starbulletin.com article has MP3 clips for your listening pleasure.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      So, Craig, Aaron, BKHale, and anybody else on this forum who lives on the Big Island: is it true that wen these buggahs are out singing, you can't hear yourself think?

Miulang

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science....ap/index.html
      Yes, it's true - they are totally horrible. They can be like 90dB @ 5 meters. I was house shopping rencetly, and (thank god) got to one place we were looking at just at nightfall. While we were looking around, they started chirping. Needless to say, I grabbed my girl and my broker and got the hell out of there.

Addenedum: forgot to mention, this was in town on the Hilo side.
      Last edited by kamapuaa; February 24, 2005, 10:14 AM.
      I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

Originally posted by kamapuaa
        I was house shopping rencetly, and (thank god) got to one place we were looking at just at nightfall. While we were looking around, they started chirping. Needless to say, I grabbed my girl and my broker and got the hell out of there.
        A good tip to remember when house hunting: check the place out at night to see what comes out in the dark. Coqui, mosquitoes, neighborhood punks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          A good tip to remember when house hunting: check the place out at night to see what comes out in the dark. Coqui, mosquitoes, neighborhood punks, etc.
          Ok, I'm not trying to get funny here but when this came out, I was and still am personally upset, not because of the Frogs in general. However,the very next day our Legislators were spending time discussing in the practice of consuming dogs and cats. Now, am I wrong to be upset due to advocating against Illegal Activities and Drugs and find it appalling that frogs,dogs and cats take precedence over the elimination that is is rapidly destroying Hawai'i nei as a whole. There is no family that is not untouched by it's destruction. If they say they are, they're not telling the TRUTH! Frogs, eating dogs and cats? We'll be all eating them if the Drugs eventually take over the islands!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            eating dogs and cats?

don't wok your dog!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              don't wok your dog!
              I'll pretend you never said that Kimo...I could say something to it but I don't want to get uhh....you know what I mean.

Comment

Ok, I'm not trying to get funny here but when this came out, I was and still am personally upset, not because of the Frogs in general. However,the very next day our Legislators were spending time discussing in the practice of consuming dogs and cats. Now, am I wrong to be upset due to advocating against Illegal Activities and Drugs and find it appalling that frogs,dogs and cats take precedence over the elimination that is is rapidly destroying Hawai'i nei as a whole. There is no family that is not untouched by it's destruction. If they say they are, they're not telling the TRUTH! Frogs, eating dogs and cats? We'll be all eating them if the Drugs eventually take over the islands!
                Just imagine a bunch of frogs that keep the iceheads up even longer.
                I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

I'll pretend you never said that Kimo...I could say something to it but I don't want to get uhh....you know what I mean.
                  uh, yea. sure, aunty; I ALWAYS know what you mean.
                  Originally posted by kamapuaa
                  Just imagine a bunch of frogs that keep the iceheads up even longer.
                  just hit the news; iceheads, running out of drugs now and then as they do, have found a secretion from frogs that offers a mind altering narcotic effect.

and in other news, possibly related, no reports of any sound or noise, from any frogs of any kinds, anywhere, for some unknown reason.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                    jujst hit the news; iceheads, running out of drugs now and then as they do, have found a secretion from frogs that offers a mind altering narcotic effect.

Kimo, That is one is making me roll ova the house....my MP daughter is ready to put handcuffs on me! MAMA is just shaking her head and screaming, get off computer! Get a life and meet people....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAH!

Comment

and screaming, get off computer! Get a life and meet people....

I'd say yer meetin alotta people.

and it wuddnt that funny. I'ts just more of my.. what... "lame jokes"... least thats what Palama jack sez. But he's wrong. sez I use big wurds. I dunno no big wuds. I, an idjit!
                      also sez I call people names. He's wrong about that too! He's a poopyhead!

Comment

one or two coqui isn't a problem, three or four is quite entertaining, 200 to 300 is enough to put a gun to your head!

I say we catch em all and send them back to Puerto Rico where they love the sound of them little pests, and we can send them our B-52 roaches as well.

Imagine a 3-year old saying Co-Key with an emphasis on Key then imagine an entire pre-school of 3-year olds saying that right outside your bedroom window from sundown to sun up. Pretty soon it sounds like a bunch of kids yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs forever and I mean Forrrrrreeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Then the sun comes up and the Myna Birds take over.

The only good sound out of a Coqui frog is the sound of their chirp when you squish one with your big black rubbah sliippah!
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Palama jack a poopyhead! Hmmmmm, I wonder where you got that from? Ahhhhhhh........you're Kite! So, how's the new design there? Not bad picture, doesn't match my personality. Thanks foa checking it out......
                          Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          The only good sound out of a Coqui frog is the sound of their chirp when you squish one with your big black rubbah sliippah!
                          Craigwatanabe, THAT'S GROSS! Tone it down! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Here on the Big Island it's a lost cause ....to waste money for eradication would be a shameful
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                              Here on the Big Island it's a lost cause ....to waste money for eradication would be a shameful
                              Yipppeeeeeee! Finally someone with BRAINS! Run for office, please RUN for OFFICE!

Comment

Working...
                              X