• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Glasses of Water a Day

http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.c...ed-people?lite

Too much wada.

Re: 8 Glasses of Water a Day

Dr. Ron say's 4 - 6 glasses a day is about right, depending on the normal daily activity rate. Fluid flow is a good thing.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought. However, last summer I cut down on my fluid intake (in a foolish attempt to lower my excessive perspiration - it worked) and consequently passed a kidney stone (my first and hopefully last). 8 twelve-ouncers are a minimum for me, but I include juices and other fluids (soup is good) in the count.
      Last edited by salmoned; June 6, 2012, 09:37 AM.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Its funny how health recommendations change every once in awhile. The most obvious case, booze was bad and now a small amount is supposed to be good for you, especially red wine. I think it was Bette Davis who once said, "Never trust anybody who says they like white wine because if they lie about that they'll lie about anything." I am glad to see that caffeinated drinks count for fluid, and the recent news that oh my God coffee drinkers average 10% longer lifespans than non coffee drinkers. That is big! And we remember one of the opening scenes from Woody Allen's "Sleeper" when Woody wakes up after something like 250 years and a doctor of that era gives him a cigarette, saying, "Its the best thing in the world for you!"

Another example, for years they assured us that 'good' cholesterol was good for us and now they are not so sure.
        Last edited by Kalalau; June 7, 2012, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
          Yeah, that's what I thought. However, last summer I cut down on my fluid intake (in a foolish attempt to lower my excessive perspiration - it worked) and consequently passed a kidney stone (my first and hopefully last). 8 twelve-ouncers are a minimum for me, but I include juices and other fluids (soup is good) in the count.
          Kidney. Stones. BITE.

I've been hit with them about eight times in 20 years. Unfortunately, docs say if you've had 'em, your chances of getting 'em again is greatly increased. So salmoned's high fluid intake is a wise plan (yes, juices, soup, even beer - it all counts). As Dr. Ron noted: "Fluid flow is a good thing."

Comment

I have been put on a high water regime by my urologist - a minimum 8 glasses a day. Doctor say "mimi lahi" is good for everyone! I have a medical condition that requires I pass a lot of water (no caffeine, no fruit juice, no alcohol) jus' plain ol' water.

Leo check your email.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              (no caffeine, no fruit juice, no alcohol) jus' plain ol' water.
              See, this any liquid is ok and is just like water, is newfound ignorant hooha. Sugars, caffeine, and other additives can stymie or even counter the benefits of pure water.

Comment

If it's in a glass, I drink nothing but water. It's been that way for 2 years. Trouble is, I really don't like water! It's too boring; unappetizing. I need to flavor it ever so slightly and it must be room temp! The flavoring comes from powdered supplements. Only then can I manage to swallow 6 glasses of the stuff each day! That's 4 glasses more than I used to drink!

Comment

I think that's everybody's downfall, it's not fun forcing it when not in the mood or need. I often squeeze some lemon or tangerine in it and it's better.

Comment

Let's see, there's water with fermented grape juices, water flavored with hops, Everclear, however has no water.

Problem is the calories. Pure water has none.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I love water! That's what my mom gave us to drink as kids and that's what I've always chosen. I like it icy cold and I probably drink at least six 24-oz glasses a day. I carry my water bottle with me everywhere! I never understood those people who work out and have a bottle of Coke sitting next to them- soda just makes me thirsty for water. I know, I know- I'm weird.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                        ... a bottle of Coke sitting next to them- soda just makes me thirsty for water. I know, I know- I'm weird.
                        Caffeine can have diuretic properties if you are not a regular ingestor of it, so yeah, some sodas can make you thirsty.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/rubio-raises-1...-politics.html

Not even a speech can stop him drinking water.

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-much...tag=YHF4eb9d17

Eight might be more than enough.

Comment

Rainwater is no longer safe to drink anywhere on Earth, due to 'forever chemicals' linked to cancer, study suggests (yahoo.com)

So, you can't open your mouth to catch rainwater when it rains.

Comment

Working...
                              X