Epistemology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Epistemology

No, you didn't scare me off. While I am studying and finishing up school, you are out in the working field, taking care of your offspring and letting me know how horrible it is. You chose your path in life. I'll choose mine. The hostility here is rubbish. What is wrong with you people.

And for you who said our generation is self-centered...I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Bad day?
    Eat some ice cream or something, jeez.

im not sure if you all know the term SARCASM hence, why its italicized
    Last edited by hawaiifiveoh; October 20, 2006, 02:32 AM.

Comment

FWIW, this exchange is quite age-appropriate.

The cusp-of-20's discovers and thus reinvents the wheel. Being sassy know-it-alls are part and parcel to this discovery.

The 40's are jaded and pissy, and publish ad nauseam on the logisitics and human resource management of the wheel industry.

...and now that that's over, on to epissymology we go.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post

The cusp-of-20's discovers and thus reinvents the wheel. Being sassy know-it-alls are part and parcel to this discovery.

The 40's are jaded and pissy, and publish ad nauseam on the logisitics and human resource management of the wheel industry.

Are you going to cite that source from which you stole?

Comment

And people in their 50s and older, who HAVE seen it all and done almost everything, just sigh and leave it to the "younguns" to duke it out among themselves.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon007 View Post
            Are you going to cite that source from which you stole?
            Ha!

Now what's your brilliant ideas all about? We've been waiting with bated breath.

pax

Comment

HA! I remember being a smug know-it-all when I was in school. It didn't work in the adult world. That fish don't fry, young Brandon, not around here. Make your point, if there is one other than insulting people who dwarf you intellectually.
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

I'm waiting and waiting. I can't even go lua afraid I'll miss a revelation.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                  I'm waiting and waiting. I can't even go lua afraid I'll miss a revelation.
                  You better go since there's no telling how long the wait would be and we wouldn't want you to be having any accidents. Of course, we could play epistemology on our own but since I have no idea where the thread-starter was heading, this could cause thread drift

Comment

[Checks my clock]
                    Yup, I waited too long for something worthwhile to be said by the thread starter.

[Looks at the remaining balance in this thread's intellectual checkbook]
                    Yup, just as I thought. Bankrupt.

[Scampers off to the couch]
                    I can finally start my weekend after some unusual work hours. Have a fun weekend, everyone.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                      this could cause thread drift
                      Whoops...

Comment

Been lurking on this one but I am kinda curious where Brandon is going. For ALL of us old timers, we thought we "had it" at one point, let the lad say his piece.

Brandon, you like to surf so I am kinda calling you out here. So far you paddled, paddled, paddled and pulled out of a set wave at the last second. You did this more than once. Folks in the lineup are getting restless. Charge'em or be branded as a "land shark", you know, the guy who talks the best game on the beach but won't go into the water.

Your chosen subject matter is akin to Pipeline, perhaps you want to go back to the baby beach for a while. Something like "best Hilo grinds" may be more your level of expertise
                        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                          Been lurking on this one but I am kinda curious where Brandon is going. For ALL of us old timers, we thought we "had it" at one point, let the lad say his piece.

Brandon, you like to surf so I am kinda calling you out here. So far you paddled, paddled, paddled and pulled out of a set wave at the last second. You did this more than once. Folks in the lineup are getting restless. Charge'em or be branded as a "land shark", you know, the guy who talks the best game on the beach but won't go into the water.

Your chosen subject matter is akin to Pipeline, perhaps you want to go back to the baby beach for a while. Something like "best Hilo grinds" may be more your level of expertise
                          Or I could have a life outside of this internet-community-establishment. And the way some people react to the "time management," I think you all are alittle obsessed with this.

Now biased opinions are fine with me, but seriously, your just like the rest of the other gossipy faux-friend gatherings. I won't finish the thread for two reasons: A) I don't like some of you, B) I can care less what is on your mind

Btw, great analogy on the surfing, I think I will go for a late session tonight.

My 2cents.
                          Last edited by hawaiifiveoh; October 22, 2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Brandon -

Hey if you won't finish it for "them"... will you finish it for me?

I too have been lurking and waiting to be enlightened.

Don't worry about what others post... Just worry about what you post.

I don't know a thing about it but would like to learn something about it.

And Nacho... I wouldn't say his expertise would be in "Best Hilo Grinds" since he just arrived there a few months ago.

Sounds like he's getting some expertise with car laws though... Big Island vs. California Laws

Let me put what others are saying in Manoa's own context...

Manoa: "Hey Brandon... I know this hot chick that likes you"
                            Brandon: "Yeah... who"
                            Manoa: "Well let me just say she's hot"
                            Brandon: "So who is it?"
                            Manoa: "Well... Um... she's a girl"
                            Brandon: "And..."

End of Conversation.... just kind of leave you hanging yeah?

Nah just joking... just you started this thread... so don't get huffy at peoples answers... just participate and debate
                            if you don't like what's said.
                            Last edited by damontucker; October 22, 2006, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Over it. Done. Enlightening is not my will anymore.

Thanks to you all. Hope everything went smoothly for you

Manoa, don't take it personal. I just choose not to get feedback from the "others"- heheh, I just watched some LOST.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
                                Oh, yes, please, O Superman, dazzle us ignorant working-class morons with your advanced intellect's self-indulgent musings on mythology, religion and science. Gawrsh, we're all waiting with bated breath to see what emerges forth from your "crazy brain." And you didn't sleep a whole night just thinking of it! While the rest of us were collapsing from exhaustion from our jobs, raising children and other pedestrian endeavors.

(Whoever raised this generation, I'd like to meet you behind the supermarket and kick your motherfreakin' ass.)
                                Peasant, get back to the field.
                                "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                                "But I can't even read good."
                                "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                                "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X