I've notice something rather strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've notice something rather strange

The other day as I was sitting in Puna eating Thai Food and I really noticed my tongue being super sensitive to the chilies in the food. I have always been able to handle spicy food all my life. But it appears those days are behind me though. Upon thinking about it my tongue has been super sensitive for over a year now. So I went and looked in the mirror at my tongue. I was really surprised at what I saw. I noticed that my tongue had some serious cracks in it. My oldest boy nor my wife had this type of tongue? It's like my taste buds are getting burnt everytime I eat something spicy. But if I was to eat a Christmas Candy Cane I'd suffer the same pain, and I've noticed that some days food taste different to me also!?

I hope it's a problem that can easily be fixed? Because here on the Big Island I don't have a doctor yet...

Re: I've notice something rather strange

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
    I hope it's a problem that can easily be fixed? Because here on the Big Island I don't have a doctor yet...
    K-den. I'm going to be serious with my ANSWER. Dude, Never mess with your health be it physical or mental. If you suspect something is wrong...seek professional advice or treatment. Remember how long you suffered the PAIN with you foot?

No one knows what your diagnosis is because we are not doctors. I dare not even try to say what it is. It is best to seek professional help asap.

Aloha and LOVE

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The other day as I was sitting in Puna eating Thai Food and I really noticed my tongue being super sensitive to the chilies in the food. I have always been able to handle spicy food all my life. But it appears those days are behind me though. Upon thinking about it my tongue has been super sensitive for over a year now. So I went and looked in the mirror at my tongue. I was really surprised at what I saw. I noticed that my tongue had some serious cracks in it. My oldest boy nor my wife had this type of tongue? It's like my taste buds are getting burnt everytime I eat something spicy. But if I was to eat a Christmas Candy Cane I'd suffer the same pain, and I've noticed that some days food taste different to me also!?

It could be an absolutely benign condition, on the one hand, or it could be a symptom of something more serious.

For your own peace of mind, you should go have it checked out by someone. You could probably even go to a dentist to have it checked out, since dentists study the pathology of the mouth. Try to get a dental appointment at the Keaau Family Health Ctr

The Keaau Family Health Center opened in March 2003. It is located on the border of the Hilo and Puna district. This site is unique because it has a combination of medical and dental services. The Dental Clinic services primarily East Hawai`i. As we are the only operating community health center with dental service our patients, however, come from all over the island. East Hawai`i has over 48,000 patients, almost one-third of the island’s population, who are uninsured or underinsured. Most of these patients have nowhere else to turn for dental service. The Puna district has the highest poverty and crystal methamphetamine abuse rates in the state. The dental team consists of two dentists, four dental assistants, and one dental receptionist. There are five operatories. Our staff performs a wide variety of procedures in the areas of preventive dentistry, operative dentistry, fixed and removable prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, and oral surgery for adult and pediatric patients. Our plans for the future are to include dental services at our Hilo site in order to meet the community’s needs.
      Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        It could be an absolutely benign condition, on the one hand, or it could be a symptom of something more serious.

For your own peace of mind, you should go have it checked out by someone. You could probably even go to a dentist to have it checked out, since dentists study the pathology of the mouth. Try to get a dental appointment at the Keaau Family Health Ctr

Miulang
        I also have had two of my filling break since moving here. The dentist I was using is in Kahala on Oahu. I won't be returning to Oahu to work until I get into my new home which should be around end of May or June. I never had dental insurance either. Fortunately my dentist in Kahala,Malcolm Chang took me on anyway. I think he liked to help "beachboys". My bill got as high as three thousand dollars too. My balance today is $00.00 with his office. He allowed me to pay $50 to $75.00 a month which I never forgot to pay either.
        I'm wondering if I could go to this Keaau Family Health Center and do the same thing(make monthly cash payments)? My wife also needs to see a dentist as she too has lost a filling! For me I could see Dr. Chang on Oahu when I return to work Waikiki Beach, but for sure my wife needs a dentist here. We don't have insurance but we do FICA score of over 758, and we don't wanna mess that up!

Comment

I also have had two of my filling break since moving here. The dentist I was using is in Kahala on Oahu. I won't be returning to Oahu to work until I get into my new home which should be around end of May or June. I never had dental insurance either. Fortunately my dentist in Kahala,Malcolm Chang took me on anyway. I think he liked to help "beachboys". My bill got as high as three thousand dollars too. My balance today is $00.00 with his office. He allowed me to pay $50 to $75.00 a month which I never forgot to pay either.
          I'm wondering if I could go to this Keaau Family Health Center and do the same thing(make monthly cash payments)? My wife also needs to see a dentist as she too has lost a filling! For me I could see Dr. Chang on Oahu when I return to work Waikiki Beach, but for sure my wife needs a dentist here. We don't have insurance but we do FICA score of over 758, and we don't wanna mess that up!
          Look, your health and your wife's health is more important than whether or not you have insurance. Bad teeth can cause all kinds of pilikia with your heart, etc. From what I read about the Keaau Health Center, most of the patients don't have insurance either, so they are used to having people work out different payment plans. At least you're willing to pay for the service; most people who use community health centers can't.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

http://www.healthandage.com/Home/!gc...5D4CC9D7B31416

By virtue of its anatomical position, the tongue is subject to irritants from multiple different sources. Anything coming into the mouth, such as hot or spicy foods, can burn or irritate the tongue, and thus become the source of recurring pain or swelling. The tongue can rub against uneven or broken teeth causing a recurrent, painful problem.

During times of anxiety or tension, even during sleep, people can chew on their tongue leading to damage. Additionally, allergic reactions to foods can cause the symptoms you describe. A problem called 'acid reflux' brings acid from the stomach into the throat and mouth, usually at night, with a resultant burning of the tongue. Tobacco in any form as well as alcohol are significant tongue irritants.

The cracks you describe can be due to a 'fissured' or 'scrotal' tongue, which is a benign problem. A 'geographic' tongue is when the tongue sheds part of its top layer; this leaves red, tender areas on the tongue that look like a map. After healing, the tongue is back to normal, but the problem is often recurrent.

More seriously, cancers or pre-cancer growths can develop in or on the tongue causing pain and swelling. Therefore, if you have not already done so, I highly recommend that you have your problem evaluated by an ear, nose and throat physician (an otorhinologist).

hehehe.... you got 'scrotal tongue' but seriously, see a doctor

Ive noticed something strange about myself too... I recently found out I cant eat egg anymore, doing so makes my stomach quesy within 20 minutes, and then im on the john for the rest of the day. I think I'm allergic to the yolk or something now.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
            X