Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Originally posted by mel View Post
    I think this is the most reaction I got on a photo posting at Hawaii Threads since the USAF Thunderbirds flew in with their F-15s last year. Now the women are ga-ga over super Hawaiian guy...

Girls, you want a blow up of the photo??? I think I have it in a higher resolution.
    right now, I have my Jack Nicholson Sneer on.

Confession time: my husband looked a lot like him waayy back in the day, when we first met. Even today in his mid-40s, he is a fine Hawaiian blalah. That pic just twanged my ovaries, s'all.

Mahalo for taking it.

pax

Comment

How's that for a bed.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        [...]And now the back, with the highly technical "Installation Instructions" (plural):[...]
        Send it in to Jay Leno's show! Monday night is Headlines night and he often features offbeat things like installation instructions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Send it in to Jay Leno's show! Monday night is Headlines night and he often features offbeat things like installation instructions!!!
          Good idea. I imagine there's a link at NBC.com or something similar. Let me know if you see it on air, cuz I'm usually sound asleep by then (I get up at 4:30 or 5am).
          And I'm glad they included an illustration, just in case there was any confusion with "Place firmly into drain." Some people may get confused by one of those four words, ya know?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Went hiking with a Buddy up Mariner's Ridge and along the Koolau summit yesterday. Great fun!
            We found "A Four Dog Day " geocache!

Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              Went hiking with a Buddy up Mariner's Ridge and along the Koolau summit yesterday. Great fun!
              Beautiful shots.... my hiking up steep hills days are long gone, so I really like looking at photos of Hawaii's outback. Plus you found treasure.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                I think this is the most reaction I got on a photo posting at Hawaii Threads since the USAF Thunderbirds flew in with their F-15s last year. Now the women are ga-ga over super Hawaiian guy...

Girls, you want a blow up of the photo??? I think I have it in a higher resolution.
                I'm actually feeling a bit guilty. All those years when we yelled at you men for treating us as sex objects. If it had been you guys oogling and drooling there woulda been hell to pay....and now just look at us. Plus, if that hunk (oops) ever finds out what we've been saying just because someone took a picture of him and posted it online, we'll be accused of being no better than the very men we've been fighting against for all these decades.

Or maybe.....OH! NOW I understand!
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh, these sexist ladies !!! I'm so shocked and disappointed. No, really.

Back on topic: Taken early evening a couple of weeks ago from above Lanakila Park.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Palama Kid; June 10, 2008, 10:09 AM. Reason: Added editorial comment.
                  Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

neat shots, menehuneman!
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Wow, great view. Looks like fun. How long do you figure the trip up took?

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                      Back on topic: Taken early evening a couple of weeks ago from above Lanakila Park.
                      Nice shot. One of those inspiring moments.

Comment

Thanks for the Great comments on the photos atop the Koolaus.
                        It took 3 hours, pretty quick actually. Check the link to Geocache page for more.

I like Jim's Ki'i shot and Mel's "Malo Man" & company shot is great too!

Comment

Wot'chu tink a dis guy?!

Comment

he's rock solid?

"chaos reigns within.
                            reflect, repent and reboot.
                            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Ok, so let me start by saying I'm Arachnophobic. Extremely. I'm afraid of them yet I'm fascinated by them. I get itchy whenever I think about them or see them. I found this giant as I was reaching for the hose bib to turn the water off after washing my car tonight. Thankfully, the bricks on the front of my home are white and he stuck out even in the darkness. I promptly went right back in the house and asked my wife... Where's the flashlight! I want to make sure I'm not going insane and freaking out for no apparent reason. Then I went looking around for something to smash it and figured the 3 cell maglight would suffice. My wife thought I was crazy and asked me that if it was my imagination if she could laugh at me. Be my guest was my reply. Went back out with my camera, and the flashlight and sure enough my nightmare was indeed real. I snapped a pic and brought the camera back in the house. "So... you want to laugh at me?" LOL. Then I went searching for something to catch it in. Some sadistic part of me wanted to catch it and at least take pictures of it before killing it. So I went out (big game hunting) with a ziplock soup container/lid and a large spackle knife. The plan (which worked) was to cover it with the soup container and slide the spackle knife as a temporary lid so I could get it off the wall. When I got back out there, it was gone! Oh no... I couldn't let this thing loose to terrorize me. So I hunted around with the flashlight and found it not too far away and got it. Brought it inside and my wife said "wow, that's bigger than I thought it was from the picture. She knew what it was right away. It's a wolf spider. Apparently people handle thise things like they do tarantulas ::shivers:: NOT me, NOT now, NOT EVER! I have decided though not to kill it. Instead, I'm going to drive it far away to a hiking trail that I know of and let it go on something where I can snap some more photos of it. SCAAAAAARY!!!!

Just to give an idea of size, the bricks on the front of my house are standard 8 inch wide by 2 and 2/3 high by 4 inches deep. So the body was about an inch long and the legs made it even more huge!!
                              -kp!

Comment

Wot'chu tink a dis guy?!

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
                                OMG!
                                That's a big one alright. That second photo is cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X