HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

This thing so dominated the view from much of Honolulu Harbor, I had to check it out. People everywhere were stopping and gawking. It's the Sea Launch platform, which sets up at the equator to give rockets the shortest possible trips into space. Apparently its current mission was delayed due to rough seas, and it's in Honolulu for refueling. This mission is a significant one, though, because its last mission in January ended quite badly. My full photoset of this monster can be found here.

Comment

kanahina: hang onto that memory stick. i might be able to help you. i'm the yearbook advisor at my school and have rescued many photos from bad storage media. let me know if you still have proplems in two days or so.

can your camera still see the files?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        This thing so dominated the view from much of Honolulu Harbor, I had to check it out. People everywhere were stopping and gawking.
        This thing caught me by surprise during my late afternoon walk around Kakaako Waterfront Park. I only had my point and shoot camera but managed to get this shot off among others (unpublished).

Watched the thing sail off into the murky sunset....
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          kanahina: hang onto that memory stick. i might be able to help you. i'm the yearbook advisor at my school and have rescued many photos from bad storage media. let me know if you still have proplems in two days or so.

can your camera still see the files?
          Yeah, the memory stick is fine. I can still view the pics through the camera and take more pics. I even uploaded them to my parents computer and it was fine. So that's why I think it is the card reader that is not working properly. But I bought a new external one that uses a USB cable and that wouldn't work either so I'm not sure what to do about that.

Should I just try to buy another card reader? Maybe the one I bought is a junk brand (Targus)? I hope Radio Shack will take it back even though we had to rip the plastic packaging apart to open the dang thing! But, it seems defective to me, so they better give me my money back!

But, I do have an old xd picture card from my previous Olympus camera that is damaged. It has pics of my son's birthday party when we rented one of those big inflatable water slides. He said it was the best birthday ever - and I have no pics because they are all stuck in the damaged card!
          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Here's one person exploring an entire tree uprooted from the ground near Temple Valley on the Windward side after the terrible storms last night...

Comment

As I just mentioned in The Best Part Of Today thread, one fun event was a birthday party for a very popular local musician, held at Don Ho's beach house in Lanikai. (The house is for sale now, if any of you have almost $7 million lying around. )
              Click on the thumbnails to enlarge 'em:
              Attached Files

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

More of Don Ho's beach house at Lanikai. The first one is looking northwest toward Kaneohe, the second one facing the other way toward the smaller Mokulua island and with Molokai waaaaay off on the horizon, and then turning around and shooting the house from the same spot on the beach:
                Attached Files

Comment

Don Ho (and his birds) must've loved these views from his yard!
                  Attached Files

Comment

My favorite party guests. Well, actually they were kinda the hosts!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Honolulu Hale's Christmas Tree 2007!!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Took these over the past couple of nights, helping a buddy that is doing a website for this bar, Anna Bananas

flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

The best part of last Sunday was getting to be 'Santa' and making a whole bunch of keiki very happy. Here's a couple of shots from one of the parents (I'm hoping there are better photos coming soon).
                          Attached Files

Comment

two from me. one was accidental. just a lot of bikes on hotel st.

the next one is old. but made older with dumpr.net since i don't know how to use photoshop yet. haaa!
                            Attached Files
                            life is ok sometimes

Comment

Honolulu Harbor Morning, taken while departing on the Hawaii Superferry, 12-13-07.

Off the coast of Maui on the Hawaii Superferry.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel - despite the grief you and I occasionally give each other, I have no problem saying (again) that you are one hell of a great photographer. Thank you for sharing these great images with us.

Comment

Working...
                                X