• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Shopping Carts!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      [...]
      Shopping Carts!
      Looooooooooove it!!! <tee hee!>

Comment

I took this photo at Honaunau on the Big Island last March.

Comment

Here is the above photo Kaliedescoped.

Comment

Very nice! Love the yellow tang right in the middle.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
              the kids "fishing" at Moanalua Garden

In small keed time. I used to catch tadpoles and small fish for my pet turtle there.
              That's a Great photo and thanks for the memory too!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Rare sighting of a pair of graceful Sea Antelope.

Amati was recently asking about using an image editing program to do things like put a head on a different body.

So I was viewing the Video Link Discussion this morning and I watched the links Ryan referred to and tried some of it out. Turns out it's easier than I thought. I'd been able to do some rougher attempts at dropping one pic into another by "selecting", but pasting the whole image in and using the erase tool to take out the background yielded much better results (at least with images that don't have a solid edge).

I really lose track of time when I start into something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                  [...]I really lose track of time when I start into something like this.[...]
                  You've posted some very cool manipulated photos, Jim75. Love 'em! This statement of yours is exactly why I don't pursue this kind of creativity. It's way too much fun for me and I can get lost in it for hours...days, even. Ditto for basic video editing (iMovie). Absolutely love to do that kinda stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    You've posted some very cool manipulated photos, Jim75. Love 'em! This statement of yours is exactly why I don't pursue this kind of creativity. It's way too much fun for me and I can get lost in it for hours...days, even. Ditto for basic video editing (iMovie). Absolutely love to do that kinda stuff.
                    Thanks tutusue. Yup, one minute your adjusting and experimenting and next thing you know 3 hours have slipped by.

I'll bet video editing is a blast. In the past I've considered getting one of those digital videocams with the 3 color chips that'll take documentary quality movies. It's been a couple of years since I looked into those, so technology may have moved beyond that by now. So often you see amazing things that just can't be captured with a still camera.

Do you know if they've made consumer level videocams that shoot hi-def?

Comment

I went through and picked out a handful I really like, but there are lots of other excellent shots too.

Originally posted by mel View Post

Hula Dancers at Ala Moana Center. Taken 10-2007, Yashica Electro 35mm rangefinder camera.
                      Great shot. I forget how sometimes black and white is 'just right' for a particular photo.

Honolulu Harbor Morning, taken while departing on the Hawaii Superferry, 12-13-07.

Twilight photos are some of my favorites. The cloud cover reallys adds to this one.

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                      What an incredible cruise, here are a few I took on Maui, and of Kauai's Na'Pali coast.
                      Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post

Excellent light, composition, and exposure. When this unfolded I'll bet you said to yourself "Oh yeah. That's what I'm talkin' about".

Comment

here are two more pics of our now 3 month old Jack Russell Terrier pup, Colt (named after Colt Brennan!)

Great portrait. Lots of personality. Makes me feel good!

I think this was the nicest looking one.

Amazing light.

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                        here's a couple recognizable places with a twist...
                        Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post

Great composition and treatment. The look reminds me of those 'old time' postcards, but the architecture is thoroughly modern. Good combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                          Thanks tutusue. Yup, one minute your adjusting and experimenting and next thing you know 3 hours have slipped by.

I'll bet video editing is a blast. In the past I've considered getting one of those digital videocams with the 3 color chips that'll take documentary quality movies. It's been a couple of years since I looked into those, so technology may have moved beyond that by now. So often you see amazing things that just can't be captured with a still camera.

Do you know if they've made consumer level videocams that shoot hi-def?
                          Dunno about consumer hi-def but I do own a 3CCD Panasonic camcorder and use it for work. My "work" is viewed by directors and producers and all have remarked on the high quality of the video...altho' the camera operator leaves a lot to be desired! Those cameras have really come down in price and I highly recommend them.

Comment

Okay---just how do you do the photo pasting thing here? I think I qualify as educable but I seem to be screwing up royally with the photo pasting attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                              Okay---just how do you do the photo pasting thing here? I think I qualify as educable but I seem to be screwing up royally with the photo pasting attempts.
                              Do you have webspace? If so, simply upload your photo(s) there and then paste the URL(s) in the reply box. Then make sure each URL is surrounded by IMG tags.

If you don't have webspace, you can upload your photos to www.imageshack.us

Comment

Thanks, Jim75.

That was a GREAT sunrise, I will never forget it.

I like the almost "other planet" atmosphere at the top of Haleakala, and I think that shot caught it just how I wanted.
                                flickr

An email from God:
                                To: People of Earth
                                Date: 9/04/2007
                                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                                God

Comment

Working...
                                X