X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
    [...]I went home and looked it up...friggin $900 a night !!!!

It sure looks great tho'
    Oh, but that includes all the meals, too! Actually, rates start at $625. And it's for 2 so my daughter and I will each pay half...of the KAMAAINA rate! Yes, they have 'em! The photo of the "Fijian" hale in my post above would go for that rate due to it's size and location within the property. The hale in the first photo here would go for the highest rate. OMG...whatta spot! It's out on the point in the (unretouched!) photo below.

Mel would have a photographic field day at KVR...lotsa flora, fauna and scenery.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
      Hana Girl has left the showroom...

Well I know most of you in hawaii remember the cute Golden Pup, running around McKenna's showroom floors in his Kailua Dealerships. By the time I joined the McKenna Family, Hana had retired. She would visit seldomly, usually special occasions.

But we're going to miss her..

Love,
      Mz. Kaya
      Awww. She had good long run, though, didn't she, Kaya? Eighteen years old when she passed, IIRC.

How we love our old dogs....

Comment

I've been wanting to buy a dSLR for awhile now. Looking on Amazon I saw a few. Any opinions on which $600+ one I should save up for?
        Heres a few I was looking at.
        Canon Rebel XT
        Canon XTi
        Pentax K10D
        I have some high school photography lessons and am looking for something good, moderately priced and expandable.
        Thanks. I'll post up some pics when I get home.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Circuit City seems to have some decent deals on Panasonic Lumix cameras. Just check out their customer ratings on cnet.com and amazon.com before you buy one.

By the way, great thread. Thanks for all the wonderful candid photographs of Hawai'i. Please keep them coming!

Comment

hello everyone.

Here is a little change in scenery. If any one gets tired of hawaii just let me know, I will gladly trade places with you.
            This is my backyard after a snowstorm.
            Attached Files

Comment

Kevin Jay, you're supposed to be in that photo shovelling all that snow!

Here's some shots I took several months ago of a "street performer" artist working in front of King's Village in Waikiki...

His medium are just aerosol spray paints, "found objects" such as drinking glasses, paper stencils, pointed hand tools and small paint brushes to create amazing terrestrial-meets-celestial surrealistic art. He builds each element in layers using the objects, stencils and various hand tools.

Because the workpiece is always covered in stencils with spots of overspray while he's working on it, you have no clue what the finished piece looks like until he removes them.

"Tears of Joy", the finished piece of what he was working on above. IIRC, the piece sold for $80. Not bad for about 45 minutes of labor and probably less than $5 of aerosol paint.

If you notice that white radial light glare under the water, he uses this interesting technique by placing the spray paint can upside-down with the nozzle on the canvas, then pumps quick bursts in radial fashion to create that. Very cool.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I found the new Geico mascot in our backyard yesterday...

A young chameleon macro shot. Photo taken 3.11.07.

She must be a female based on that blue eye mascara she's got on. lol

Notice the reptilian texture of its skin. Something difficult to see with the naked eye.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Nuff said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Nice pic of you aunty. Did you recently have your hair styled? Looks good!

Caught this paraglider ridge soaring off Diamond Head lookout yesterday evening...

Pretty neat composition with Diamond Head Lighthouse and the cloud-covered sunset in the background. Interestingly, these guys jump off at roadside level (where the surfer's garden is), then catch the updraft along the ridge's edge to gain lift, taking them way above their starting altitude.

Here's the first McDonald's to open in Hawaii, as it appears today...

McDonald's Aina Haina location. Photo taken 3.10.07.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

Nuff said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                      You look so cute and soooo young!! Love the new hairdo!!

Comment

Nice photos as usual everyone.

Today's photo.... a nice flower. Have a good day!
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                          Nice pic of you aunty. Did you recently have your hair styled? Looks good!
                          Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                          You look so cute and soooo young!! Love the new hairdo!!
                          Mahalo Pomai and WindwardOahuRN! Yes, I had my hair styled. And looking younger comes from being in LOVE again.heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Macpro, you reminded me that spring is afoot here in Oregon!
                            I went out and picked some freshly bloomed daffodils and took a look at my camellias! Sure puts a bright spin on the day, no matter how dreary inside the house.
                            Attached Files
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

photos from last year's weekend maui getaway...which included an ultralight ride for the beau and me over hana. i'm the passenger in the first pic (note that my little foot can't quite reach down into the footrest and slightly hangs outside the fuselage) and eric is the passenger in the second pic (his legs are long enough so his feet don't dangle. and yes, that is the hana highway he's looking down at).

if you've never gone on an ultralight trip, it's awesome. it might be a lil gut--wrenching at first, bcs basically, you feel like you're riding a motorcycle sidecar with wings on top and a motor in back (there is a parachute somewhere). i tripped out when i looked down and saw a plane below us. once you climb high enough, you can glide without the motor on, and when you do that...agh...it's indescribably joyful. nothing like hearing the rush of the wind, smelling the crisp cold of the salt water, and reaching your hands out, literally, to touch a cloud.
                              Attached Files
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                                I went out and picked some freshly bloomed daffodils and took a look at my camellias! Sure puts a bright spin on the day, no matter how dreary inside the house.
                                Spring is bursting all over. Nice pictures!

Originally posted by ericncyn

photos from last year's weekend maui getaway...which included an ultralight ride
                                That must truly have been breathtaking.... great views, even though you probably could not take your own photos. It's nice they had a camera mounted on the planes to get these.
                                Last edited by mel; March 15, 2007, 06:03 AM. Reason: added another comment.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X