X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you ever owned shoe trees?

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
    This sounds like an Adrian question.
    OOOoooooh. I don't know why, but I take offense! Put 'em up!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Bwaaaaaaaaa! There went my coffee!

Scriv, wat's up with your avatar?

Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

At least you did have a literary reference that led to the poll. BTW - your new avatar is nice; the diet is working for you, I see. Maybe too well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Scriv, wat's up with your avatar?
          Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          ...your new avatar is nice; the diet is working for you, I see. Maybe too well.
          Oooh yeah. Take a look at my profile photo, too.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Oh-kaaay...those two pictures plus "fashion advice" (e.g., shoe trees) ... we're looking at a whole new Scrivener for Summer '07, aren't we?

Comment

LOL...Sorry, but the initial question REALLY sounds like an Adrian question, but like Leo said, the literary reference differentiated....No want beef, Scriv.

That being said, we had shoe trees in the house as a kid...my mom had em. We'd lose a national forest on my fiancee's shoe collection :-O
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

The more I learn, the less I wanna know!!!!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Nah. If it were really an Adrian question, it'd be:

"Anyone ever owned shoe trees?"

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Shoe trees, huh? I remember my dad using 'em but I haven't found a pair that fit my Croc flip flops...yet! Glossyp? Keep me in mind during your next shoparamarellathon, 'kay?!
                    My father used them too. He had some great shoes. I remember watching the shoe-shine "boys" work on those snappy city shoes. The cordovan wing-tipped pair was my favorite.

Hey Tutu---are those Croc slippahs comfortable? They look kinda stiff and heavy.

Comment

People aren't wearing them because they look good. They are very, very comfortable.
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Crocs ---
                        from the Canadian show "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" comes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                          Hey Tutu---are those Croc slippahs comfortable? They look kinda stiff and heavy.
                          On that note, and sorry to continue the off-topic veer of the post...

Do you Croc-wearers suggest getting them to fit big or "just right"? The Crocs website recommends "the fit should be “loose” ", and that seems to be key to their comfort. I just ordered a pair in the size I usually wear and it seems huge, whereas one whole size down (no 1/2 sizes) seems to fit "normally". What say you?

Oh yeah. I know this would immediately peg me as "not local" back there (not that my golf sock tan doesn't when wearing slippers), but I might occasionally wear these with socks here in still-chilly Northern California. I'd assume that would make a difference?
                          Last edited by NoCal Boy; April 18, 2007, 09:59 AM. Reason: Another thought...

Comment

Re: Crocs ---
                            from the Canadian show "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" comes this.
                            LOL---they were all the rage with nurses a year or so ago.

Then the mishaps started. When you have to move fast Crocs have a nasty habit of sticking to the floor, especially shiny waxed hospital floors. They stub---if you happen to drag your foot a bit when you're moving fast your foot sticks and you are apt to go flying. After more than a few stumbles and outright face-plants many of the nurses I know who had been singing their praises were relegating their Crocs to the garden.

Plus, they look really silly.

Comment

I love my Crocs: Royal blue, purple, turquoise, hot pink, olive green, silver and lime. All have jibbitts. My silver ones have a peace sign on one foot and the word LOVE on the other. Most of them have little fishies, but I also have shakas and a surfboard. These are appropriate at my work and I use them all the time for going to the pool, running errands, hanging out in the yard. I buy them loose and not just right because your feet swell as the day wears on so why not?

But alas, I'll have to get the shoe trees out to stretch out the five new pairs of shoes I got to go with my new downtown job that begins May 1. I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around getting out of the jeans and T-shirts I've been wearing and into fancy duds. I hope my grimaces don't shoe er show!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Da shoes or da feets?
                                Nonono, da treez, da treez.
                                Eh, we get one street person in Wahiawa whom I call Da Duck Tape Guy. His shoes are covered with duct tape.

Scriv, das your girlfren? Kinda threw me off. Thought a girl was answering cause I only looked at the avatar. <LOL>

Comment

Working...
                                X