Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Daniel Inouye ENGAGED

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...975012483.html

U.S. Sen. Daniel K. Inouye has gotten engaged.

The Hawaii Democrat announced in a statement today that he is engaged to Irene Hirano, the president and chief executive officer of the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles.

The couple has set a May 24 wedding date for a private ceremony with immediate family in Los Angeles.
    You go, Senator Inouye!

ETA: I found this website giving more info on his fiancee's background.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Re: Senator Daniel Inouye ENGAGED

As jdub would say: Well, Dayaaamn!

Way to go, DAN!

Love is GRAND!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

jeez no wonder he was eying that intern I was training at KHVH during a stop at a Democratic campaign site in Honolulu a few years ago. She was black, had long legs, short skirt and very hot! Rick Hamada figured I'm too old for her so she'd be safe with me. She looked like a slim Venus Williams.

Dan wouldn't talk to any of the other reporters but when she showed up he gestured her to sit next to her. I told her to get that recorder going.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

i mean this question most sincerely:

am i the only one who thinks, "ewwww! skebe!!!" when considering how much younger the soon-to-be mrs. inouye is in comparison to the senator? especially considering those stories about him that, you know, haven't been fully (un)covered publicly?
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

damn, duke got more game than me.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
            am i the only one who thinks, "ewwww! skebe!!!" when considering how much younger the soon-to-be mrs. inouye is in comparison to the senator? especially considering those stories about him that, you know, haven't been fully (un)covered publicly?
            I am led to wonder:
            > what ARE their respective ages (or at least the difference between 'em)? This becomes less and less of an issue as people age (in other words, it just creeps out the young-uns). ETA: He's 83 - and she is...?
            > is she really young enough that she's unlikely to be able to think this through for herself? Is it not possible that she recognizes the value of being considered a "power couple," and sees herself standing to gain from it?
            > why couldn't it be love, plain and simple (you aren't that CYNical, are ye)?

...and lastly, I seem to recall a lot of hazing (in other threads) people take for hinting at secrets about public figures' lives; be prepared for other posters to insist that you "dish." (Ainokea.)
            Last edited by Leo Lakio; January 30, 2008, 07:09 AM. Reason: His age.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              I am led to wonder:
              > what ARE their respective ages (or at least the difference between 'em)? This becomes less and less of an issue as people age (in other words, it just creeps out the young-uns). ETA: He's 83 - and she is...?
              > is she really young enough that she's unlikely to be able to think this through for herself? Is it not possible that she recognizes the value of being considered a "power couple," and sees herself standing to gain from it?
              > why couldn't it be love, plain and simple (you aren't that CYNical, are ye)?

...and lastly, I seem to recall a lot of hazing (in other threads) people take for hinting at secrets about public figures' lives; be prepared for other posters to insist that you "dish." (Ainokea.)
              It appears that Hirano is 58, so that makes her 25 years younger than Inouye. Same age spread as Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

http://www.people-finders.ws/Search/people/Default.htm
              http://www.intelius.com/people-search.html
              http://www.peopledata.com/
              http://www.spock.com/
              http://www.zabasearch.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                It appears that Hirano is 58, so that makes her 25 years younger than Inouye. Same age spread as Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
                I've been hovering over that one for a while; I love Douglas, but when he's no longer capable of delivering the goods, I'm going to swoop in.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

According to today's paper, Hirano is 59, making her 24 years younger. The senator was born in 1924, Hirano probably in 1948. Nothing "sukebe" about this match-up. Now, if this happened when he was 40 and she was 16 ...........

Best wishes to them.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                    I've been hovering over that one for a while; I love Douglas, but when he's no longer capable of delivering the goods, I'm going to swoop in.

He may not have the goods but he's got the bucks. And in Hollywood, that seems to count...a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      Catherine is gorgeous. I look up to that woman when it comes to style. *sigh*
                      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                        According to today's paper, Hirano is 59, making her 24 years younger. The senator was born in 1924, Hirano probably in 1948. Nothing "sukebe" about this match-up. Now, if this happened when he was 40 and she was 16 ...........

Best wishes to them.
                        Well my parents are about that age spread and it's having it's toll on my Mom. She's not old enough to be wheelchair bound (yet) but my Dad requires constant physical attention and that effort is making it hard on my Mom to take care of him. And she won't accept any of my help yet (for inquiring minds).

So this woman may be in love with our beloved Senator however when he gets a bit older and she's gotta take care of his bowel movements it ain't gonna be a romantic thing anymore when her classmates meet up with her for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Well my parents are about that age spread and it's having it's toll on my Mom. She's not old enough to be wheelchair bound (yet) but my Dad requires constant physical attention and that effort is making it hard on my Mom to take care of him. And she won't accept any of my help yet (for inquiring minds).

So this woman may be in love with our beloved Senator however when he gets a bit older and she's gotta take care of his bowel movements it ain't gonna be a romantic thing anymore when her classmates meet up with her for lunch.
                          I think the senator will probably be able to afford round-the-clock assistance when the time comes.
                          What's the deal here? Give the kids a break.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            There oughta be a special place on HT for unusual posts. A "museum of the absurd" kinda thing. In which case your post would be included, Craig, as probably the first (and hopefully last) time we ever see the words "bowel movement" and "lunch" in the same sentence.
                            Oh. Wait. I just did it too. That's twice. Dang.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              I think the senator will probably be able to afford round-the-clock assistance when the time comes.
                              What's the deal here? Give the kids a break.
                              My dad was 59 and my mother 21 when they married. While the marriage was supposed only last until my mother became a US citizen, the two eventually fell in love, and yours truly came 8 years later. They had a great marriage until my father's passing almost 18 years ago, and luckily my mom found love again with my stepdad.

My boss and I were talking about this yesterday. In both our families, we have uncles and great-uncles who ended up remarrying after their spouses passed away. Many of our widowed female relatives did not. We both came to the conclusion that older men need to be taken care of. Now, this may or may not be true for Sen. Inouye, but that was the case for some in my family.

I agree with lavagal. If Dan and Irene are in love, my hats off to them. He had a 57 year marriage with Maggie, and I think it's wonderful that he's able to find love again at this stage of his life.
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                              X