Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

    Ya know if you took enough hits of the stuff I'd assume your nasal passages would be so messed up you'd be saying Ba no matter what you were trying to say.

    And I don't buy the vog answer. Because when the vog clears you don't naturally continue to say "Ba".
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

      Craig....

      Ummm....please don't tell me you think that's a real etymology!

      Then again....if you stick your tongue in your cheek and say 'Brah' guess what ya get?





      *looks at him sideways*

      Uh-huh....dass right

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

        baism: a religion founded by the baists that forbids begging, drinking of alcoholic liquors, buying and selling of slaves and having more than one wife. drug trafficking, however, is permitted if done in small quantities.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

        microsoft error message with haiku poetry

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

          Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
          Here ya go.... (...) In the version of Island Creole English, known as Pigeon, (...)
          Ah yes, pigeon. That's why Twitter is creating a subservice called Tweeter.
          .
          .

          That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

            Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Ah yes, pigeon. That's why Twitter is creating a subservice called Tweeter.
            There ya go!

            *snickers*

            Hey!

            If you put the bird in the cheek instead of the tongue, and started cussing whilst using pidgon would the pigeon in there have the verbal effect of giving the bird in tongues?

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

              Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
              Then again....if you stick your tongue in your cheek and say 'Brah' guess what ya get?
              Your tongue bitten?
              Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
              If you put the bird in the cheek instead of the tongue, and started cussing whilst using pidgon would the pigeon in there have the verbal effect of giving the bird in tongues?
              A tongue in someone's cheek is worth giving the bird to your Braddah ... wait, where was I going with this? Oh, right - woolen vog --- or something ... ... ... ow, my brain hurts.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

                You aren't going anywhere with your tongue stuck inside a cheek after giving the bird to your bruddah...*snort*...you gonna be layed out like a log with ya haid all wooly and filled with vog.

                No wonder your brain hurts...

                *tisk*

                Naughty Leo!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

                  It is fairly common in certain segments of the population to use "ba" instead of "brah". I work in the construction industry and often hear construction tradesmen saying it. It's just the continuing evolution of the language.

                  Kind of like the word "vog" used earlier in this thread. I never heard that word used for volcanic smog when I was growing up. Now it's everywhere. Even the word smog itself morphed from smoke and fog. So vog is also a contraction of a contraction, ba.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: B.E.T. = Busted Every Time?!

                    Originally posted by localmoco View Post
                    It is fairly common in certain segments of the population to use "ba" instead of "brah". I work in the construction industry and often hear construction tradesmen saying it. It's just the continuing evolution of the language.

                    Kind of like the word "vog" used earlier in this thread. I never heard that word used for volcanic smog when I was growing up. Now it's everywhere. Even the word smog itself morphed from smoke and fog. So vog is also a contraction of a contraction, ba.
                    I've heard of the term Vog since the 60's. I live in a Vog intense area and I've never heard anyone here on the Big Island use the word "Ba". I even ask some of my co-workers that are born and raised here (before statehood) and they look puzzled when I ask them about that word.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X