Contribute to Haiti Relief, see picture of matapule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contribute to Haiti Relief, see picture of matapule

Okay, HT ohana, we need to come through financially for our Haitian ohana. It is the Polynesian custom to help all of those in need.

Here's the deal. Make a contribution to the charity of your choice specifically for Haiti Relief and I will send you a picture(s) of what this matapule looks like, maybe even uaifi too. I suggest a minimum contribution of $10 but any amount will work. If you have already contributed, THANK YOU, but to see matapule you will have to make another contribution. It is all on the honor system and if you are not happy with the pictures, then no obligation to contribute.

I will not be posting the pictures on HT. They will be sent to you via a PM. So if you don't contribute, you don't get to see the pictures (no tickee, no washee). Send me a PM if you wish to participate. Participant names will be held in confidence by matapule.

Come on Bobinator, BJD, and the rest. Here is your opportunity to see a picture of matapule, print it out, and use it for pin the tail on the donkey, or fish wrap, or even tp!

Our brothers and sisters in Haiti our suffering. They are human beings like the rest of us. It is not up to us to judge them as a people, leave that to someone who is more righteous than we are.

malo 'aupito

blessed be all of us
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Contribute to Haiti Relief, see picture of matapule

I'm going to a dinner at Roy's Hawaii Kai where all of the money is being donated to relief efforts. They are giving everyone an envelope to put
    a check in of what you can afford for the meal and they are then giving all the envelopes to the Red Cross. The popularity of the event was so great they
    added a 2nd night Sunday 1/24, there might be some spots still left 396-7697.

Comment

No photo, no relief help from this corner. I help what I support and I don't support Haiti - I'd sooner feed plague infested rats or send cash to Al Quaeda.

[Oops, broke the cardinal rule - never tell the truth to the masses.]
      Last edited by salmoned; January 21, 2010, 07:52 AM.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

and I would expect nothing less from you.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Prays for everyone.

Those who are afflicted, ignorant and full of hate.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
            No photo, no relief help from this corner. I help what I support and I don't support Haiti - I'd sooner feed plague infested rats or send cash to Al Quaeda.

[Oops, broke the cardinal rule - never tell the truth to the masses.]
            Remember it's not the government that needs help, it's the people who are caught up in the middle of this mess. I'd save the life of my worst enemy if I saw them in need.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              I'd save the life of my worst enemy if I saw them in need.
              With that attitude, cw, you are not likely to have any enemies.

Comment

I have nothing against the people of Haiti, live and let live. I also have no connection with Haiti. I only ask, "Why Haiti, and why now?" If you ever wanted to help Haiti, why didn't you act before the earthquake? It's considerably harder and more expensive to help after a disaster than before and in this case the help was just as needed then as now. Do you intend to help as a one shot cash infusion, or for a few weeks or a few months and then go about your business, or will your help continue as long as needed until Haitians achieve a level of prosperity you deem fit? I really don't see the virtue in going in, picking up a few victims, dusting them off, putting on a few bandages, feeding them a few meals, then leaving them to fend for themselves over the long haul, especially since they weren't doing so well before this disaster either. If you care about the Haitians, send ALL your savings and cash out ALL your possessions and sent that too. It won't make any difference, but at least you will have done all you can for those Haitians who are the object of your affection for the next 10 minutes (Yes, I'm calling out all those media sheep). HELP THE HAITIANS, they certainly can't help themselves. But remember, that movie you decide to pass up or that meal you skip to help you afford the contribution to the Haitians will be sorely missed by many people in our own local economy.

However, you may wish to send money to Al Quaeda, too. Feel free to do so - I know they need all the support they can get, as their lives are in constant danger. Check out one of their websites for where to send your check. It's not as easy as helping the Haitians, but the need is just as great.

The US military has taken control of the airport and priority was given to military flights over humanitarian flights. Disbursal of humanitarian aid has been held up by military forces fearing rioting and injury to aid workers. What's up with that? Haitians need aid, we send troops to delay aid distribution, SNAFU - courtesy of the US military.
                Last edited by salmoned; January 21, 2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Oops, double post.
                  Last edited by salmoned; January 21, 2010, 01:31 PM. Reason: Please delete - double posting

Comment

Keep cursing the darkness, s'ed. Meanwhile, the rest will light candles.

Comment

If you present yourself as an adversary, then you will be treated as one. If you present yourself as a humanitarian, then MAYBE, friendships will be made and the healing begins.

Kill them with kindness. One day the US will need the world's help and continued support will eventually be our determining factor in our survival. We are all human before we are nationalized.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Keep cursing the darkness, s'ed. Meanwhile, the rest will light candles.
                        Yup, until the house burns down.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                          Yup, until the house burns down.
                          Haitians would ask "what house?"

Comment

I would ask, "What candle?", but I already know the answer - the candle that consumes life. The house - our planet.

Comment

Well the dinner at Roy's last night was really wonderful. They did a fabulous job and did a menu based on Haitian flavors and profiles. It was sold out and
                              no doubt raised quite a bit of money. Roy and his staff did a great job making
                              everyone more than welcome keeping the event upbeat yet focusing on the
                              purpose at hand. Great job!
                              No doubt Sunday's event will be as completely successful as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X