"free speech"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "free speech"

[QUOTE=kimo55]When Ward Churchill tells us here; "Tourists can help Hawaii and Hawaiians by staying away, and people should break the kneecaps of tourists if that is what it takes to keep them from Hawaii."
    QUOTE]

Ho I guess I'll go find da buggah en break his knees den, or what he's from da aina?????? Funny one more haloe telling the locals how foah live, just like hundred years ago???????????????????????????????????

Comment

The reviews on Ward Churchill's speech at UH last night are in. Mostly, people were sympathetic and on Churchill's side. There were a few "white Republican" type protestors but on the whole, the crowd seemed mostly interested in what he had to say, even if it was mostly about himself and very little about academic freedom.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

If Hemmings had just kept his mouth shut and not said anything, I really don't think Churchill would have gotten all the attention that he got. I had heard of this guy but had no idea he was coming until Hemmings got his panties all in a bunch and tried to have the thing cancelled. As wrong as I think this guy is, I know there's no point in trying to stop him; everybody's going to go just to see what the big deal is.

Funny how Hemmings gets all wound up and all the conservative types are tsk-tsking, but you just wait until they wanna bring in Michelle Malkin or some other stupid fascist in to speak and just watch how fast they scream and whine about freedom of speech. Hypocrites.

Comment

I do not believe that most of the people that applauded Churchill last night even knew or know the even more radical and HYPCRITICAL things he stands for! He wants the United States to cease to exist, totally & literally. He is on record saying that he does not just want different leadership here, but a quote of his

"I want the state gone: transform the situation to U.S. out of North America. U.S. off the planet. Out of existence altogether."

Where does this man hope to live & still practice this crazy type of speech after he gets his wish?!

He did finally admit that he is not native American, & as part Cherokee myself, I appreciate that, but he did not make his wishes known about wanting the US of A to disappear, last night. Hmmm....I wonder why!

In an official statement from the Oneida movement which Churchill reportedly has claimed to be member of, this has been said about him. "

''It's disturbing that anyone would use such hateful speech, and do so while claiming to be an American Indian when there is significant evidence that he is not. Professor Churchill caused many in the media to falsely believe an American Indian scholar could besmirch the lives of those who died on 9-11. Because of this, he owes every American Indian an apology."
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

At the rate things are going in the country and the world at large, that wish of Churchill's may come true sooner than any of us care to believe. All it would take is a nuclear run up (on its way to reality right now with N. Korea, Iran, India, and Pakistan) and one misguided missile and then, bend over and kiss your okoles goodbye!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              At the rate things are going in the country and the world at large, that wish of Churchill's may come true sooner than any of us care to believe. All it would take is a nuclear run up (on its way to reality right now with N. Korea, Iran, India, and Pakistan) and one misguided missile and then, bend over and kiss your okoles goodbye!

Miulang

yer right!

(eh waiddaminnit! whereah you tink my okole steh!?)

Comment

Churchill is entitled to say what he wants. But NOBODY is forced to listen to him. Churchill's speech is free, but it cost ME money to bring him here. His visit was partially paid for by public funds--tax dollars.

If some on the UH faculty want to bring Churchill here to speak for free, they should be willing to bear the cost of it, as they wish to hear his free speech.

I, on the other hand, don't wish to hear Churchill's free speech, so therefore I should not be made to pay for it.

Churchill can say whatever he wants...ON HIS OWN DIME.
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Hi Miulang & Kimo~

Nah, that wouldn't be the end of this nation, only of one major area, the one a nuclear might hit. They don't have 'em big enough to cover thousands of square miles & we'd retaliate huge if we were hit, so....it isn't true that Churchill may get his horrible & whacko wish. This nation isn't going away thankfully for the entire world, since THIS nation is the most generous on the earth. We are blessed & we bless many. Churchill wishes to not only erase this nation, but to take much away from the world, in doing so.

Comment

Then again which part of the US does Churchill wants to disappear? The people of the United States or the government of the United States?

Comment

Hi Helen!

Apparently, both. He is quoted elsewhere as saying that he doesn't just want different leaders (govt.) but for the nation to be wiped off of the planet. Sounds pretty clear, eerily. Thank God it's one wish he won't be getting, not until the end of the world/age, if there is one. The more quotes of this person that I read, "lunatic fringe" comes to mind, & nothing less.

Comment

Oh!Oh! UH got National attention tonight when Bill O'Riley blasted them on television. Wasn't UH's fault...the students raised the money and hosted the event. What, why do I care? I hate when anybody yells against anything regarding our Hawai'i. I'm sensitive!
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Bill O'reilly spins...

http://video.google.com/videopreview...+1%3A00+AM+PST

Comment

Looks like Ward Churchill might be out of a job pretty soon...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060613/...tled_professor

"DENVER - A University of Colorado committee recommended on Tuesday firing a professor who called some of the World Trade Center victims "little Eichmanns," citing repeated research misconduct."

Comment

Working...
                            X