• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzz1941
    replied
    Re: Have you met someone famous?

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    Met Muhammed Ali on one of his few visits to Hawaii.
    Heh. I was sitting at my desk typing away several years ago when in the corner of my eye I saw a rather tall fellow in a suit, with his back to me. One of the sportswriters was introducing him around, and I head "...Muhammed Ali..." and I muttered "Suuuuuuure he is."
    The guy whipped around and stuck his fist right in my face. His fist was as big as my head! I gulped and squeaked, "Watch out, I'm the Great White Hope!" Ali pretended to be cartoon-scared and danced away, and then leaped across the room and put reporter John Christensen, who was on the phone, in a headlock from behind. John didn't know who it was, and yowped and dropped the phone. He shrugged out of the headlock, turned around -- and started jumping up and down like a little kid. "Muhammed Ali! Muhammed Ali! Muhammed Ali!" he started shrilling.
    So much for cool journalists.

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

As a child I met J. Edgar Hoover on a beach in La Jolla. Dennis Conner who gets uniformly bad press locally lives in the area, I saw him at the local supermarket with a lot of purchases in his cart, tell a kid with a only a few items to go ahead of him in the check out line, and another time he graciously give an autograph to a boy. I met Ken Kesey at U of Oregon.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    Jason Scott Lee

Here's a guy who is a worthy Hollywood star, but not as well known as most other's in his profession, and that probably is just the way he prefer's it.
    He used to live in Ka'a'awa, would be down at the PO/7-11 doing the normal thing's, and alway's had a smile and nice attitude.
    Now, he's been on the Big Island about a decade, utilizing his properties for teaching Aloha and pono way's.
    Good guy.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

Would anyone like to have my autograph?

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    * bump *

Researching some real estate matters, I was surprised to find this person working in the business.
    Probably pretty easy for that person to get clients and referrals, eh?
    I saw him having lunch at TOWN the other day.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi this is sansei and i've met in true life angela perez baraquio grey since she and i had the same dentist only since she's moved to the mainland,i still have the same dentist we both had only when i met her,she didnt have any childern yet and she's about my height only not sure now and she's very kind in person. i've also met Japanese Actor's Ban Daisuke and Ikeda Shunsuke and miyauchi Hiroshi aka Krv3 and that's the only person's i truly met in person.

Well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• Composite 2992
    replied

Met Muhammed Ali on one of his few visits to Hawaii.

Soft spoken. Real gentleman. He made a point to say "hello" to everyone in the office, almost as though he were running for office.

And I got a photo with him, too!

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

yayay at the someone famous thread!!!

i ran into ron rifkin from brothers and sister while grocery shopping at the food emporium in manhattan....he is shorter than i thought in person...i embarrassed myself and followed him around the food emporium...i am a big fan of his from the alias.

i ran into beyonce and jay z at the boys and girls club christmas of 07...beyonce is an ignorant bitch...but she sure can sweat those thighs in a music video.....jay z is a gentleman...infact he visits his grand mother often right down from the thompson projects on myrtle where we first lived.

i met chelsea clinton while gorcery shopping at the food emporium on east 59th and 1st avenue - she is the image of her father.

met mary j blige at one of her private concerts in brooklyn back in 06 - she's a bitch and a half.

met lauren hill with her husband the marley guy....she is strung out on weed....she's a lovely soul though.

jill scott!!! she's a ray of sunshine....amazing vocals.....she is short in person.

mariah carey....ran into her on 42nd way before she hooked-up with nick cannon.....she's a nice gal....she tries too hard sometimes....she's got great knockers though....a handfull.

my all time met someone famous harrison ford!!...an absolut bright spirit.

there are more - but the above are my most memorable

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

* bump *

Researching some real estate matters, I was surprised to find this person working in the business.
    Probably pretty easy for that person to get clients and referrals, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by alohatam View Post
    Anyone else met Dog? had better luck with him?
    Oh, honey - there are two whole threads (here and here) dedicated to the discussion of that there puppy!

Leave a comment:

• alohatam
    replied

We met jason mamoa 4 yrs ago when he was filimg the serie snorth shore over @ Koalina. Kelly slater at pipleine, truly a real sweet heart! Last feb we met Tim & leland Chapman from Dakine Bail Bonds. No we did not use their services. We stopped by to buy some t shirts fo rour kids and they were out back. Really nice guys.Took photos with those 2. Dog & Beth were out there. Beth drove by in her car on her way out and chatted for a few. She was cool. Dog would not talk to us at all. He was really unfreindly. Bummer. Thought he would be nicer.
    Anyone else met Dog? had better luck with him?

Leave a comment:

• Pedro
    replied

Working at the Bishop Museum two years ago was a blessing I guess if it was that. I was nothing special just a plain ol security guard, but I worked with wonderful people mainly the guards. We were a tight nit, and even for a small crew on some of the most busiest nights we were able to pull through. My most fondest of all memories wasn't meeting all the big time hawaiian musicians it was just the fact that I was there and I was lucky enough to learn some things about my culture. Some of the guards I tried to get along with but no matter what I did it was as if I was doing something wrong. I can't imagine to myself what it was maybe because they were old and I was fresh meat okay I was young, still am.

There was a filipino old man well he passed away me and him clashed so many times, he worked with me overnights. For some reason we weren't meshing together wether it was me or him we were like cat and mouse most times. One night I was siting in the office and he was out doing his round and outside the front door there was a walkway leading to the employee parkinglot. His white Nissan Maxima sat in the parking lot undisturbed.

A nice looking car I'm afraid I can't remember what color or make it was pulled up into the lot and it looked sort of clumsy as it tried to align itself with the white lines and each time it would reverse it hit the maxima's bumper and I swear it hit it about five or six times. I ran out too see what was going on and a young girl opened the door of the nice car and there inside sat a little old lady with glasses on. "Aunty Genoa" the young one said reaching for the keys. Then it hit me this lady was that musician. She parked the car away from my coworkers maxima and I inspected the damage to his car which there hardly was a ding. I never told him what happened and he never even noticed but still old memories never fade.

Leave a comment:

• skeeterbess
    replied

When I went to the Benedictine monastery last week (see the photo thread) I was introduced to a lady who was stringing rosaries. Hair down, no makeup, baggy shorts & tee - just folks. She looked familiar but - eh! - small island. Then someone asked if I knew who she was and a lightbulb went off. I replied "Duh! You sing!" Since she was there for a few private spiritual moments I'm not saying which famous Hawaii singer, but she regaled us with funny stories about others who didn't know her or thought she might be someone else. Was a nice day. Now if I could just run into her again in circumstances where I think it would be okay to get a picture with her & maybe an autograph on one of her CDs!

One of my first huge crushes was on Dr. Kildaire (showing my age big time here!) I inspected Richard Chamberlain's house about ten years ago. It was a rainy day and I slipped on a stone path & gashed my knee. Himself got home right after that and was appalled that I was bleeding (or maybe worried that I'd sue him.) I felt like I was a 13 year old when he offered to clean and bandage my knee, lol! I had an immediate mental picture of Dr. Kildaire kissing the hurt. I dragged out my first aid kit and took care of it myself, then had a few pleasant moments in conversation with him. Mostly about termites, but still pleasant.

Leave a comment:

• Pedro
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Everyone looks beautiful when you smashed You were probably talking to a fire hydrant at the time
    You are so right man..... I remember getting smashed and than well it was a very bad night casue all I remember doing was puking and when sleep finaly came it was so peaceful as if I was floating on the edge of a pond staring up into the sun but it's light didn't blind me at all. In fact as I recall I stared up into the most beautiful eye's I had ever seen they were misty blue and I got lost in them and I dreamed I felt her moist rose bud lips on mines, her brown hair cascaded like waves down my neck and ahh I was in heaven.....My dang dog was licking my face and my mouth when I got up. I took two baths and brushed my teeth for hours trying to get that ew out of my mouth. So much for thinking it was a woman.

The last time I got smashed and woke up from it's weary affects I notice some thing big under the sheets double the size of me and I am a big guy. Well that was some night. I wish it was your god Lika Nui it would have been a comfort to know or a fire hydrant and lastly my dog.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Including the worm?
    Actually, I used tequila for medicinal purposes. Once. Seriously. I had a really bad case of the flu a few decades ago, and was laid out at home feeling like death would be welcome. Knocked back an entire pint of tequila in something like half an hour or so. Got hideously drunk and tossed my cookies/drove the ceramic bus/pick your own favorite analogy for puking. Immediately felt better, and the flu was gone!
    Come to think of it, I've only had the flu once or twice in the decades since then. Hmmmmm.

Regarding post # 251, I'm a bit surprised that nobody asked me what God looked like.

She was beautiful.

And as my sig line below says:
    Everyone looks beautiful when you smashed You were probably talking to a fire hydrant at the time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X