Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I'm confused. All those jokes at Bob Jones expense confused me about the flow of the thread. Now, Leo Lakio is doing the same "wag his finger" as in Bob Jones' article. I'll just be serious on my posts from now on. I'm sorry.
    Nah-nah-nah...just pokin' at ya. Carry on posting as before. But may I suggest one thing?

Think before posting: "am I contributing something that adds to the discussion, or is it just chatter for the sake of chatter?" (Believe me, I've done the latter far too often.) I like your humor --- but sometimes, it seems there's a flurry of posts from you that just don't seem to do anything except try too hard to be funny in every thread.

Don't spread yourself too thin - and your posts have more value.

Or - ignore what I have just said, if it doesn't resonate with you in any way. I'm not the boss here, and you can do what you like. I'll keep reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      the operative word here is spread WB.

*geisha giggles*

mahalo
      Last edited by Seeking Penance; November 22, 2008, 02:05 PM. Reason: i couldn't resist *smiles*
      stay forever young

Comment

Nah-nah-nah...just pokin' at ya. Carry on posting as before. But may I suggest one thing?

Think before posting: "am I contributing something that adds to the discussion, or is it just chatter for the sake of chatter?" (Believe me, I've done the latter far too often.) I like your humor --- but sometimes, it seems there's a flurry of posts from you that just don't seem to do anything except try too hard to be funny in every thread.

I wrote last week that I was going on hiatus, because deep down I knew I was going over the line with cruel jokes. But, I noticed that the number of new posts were getting smaller, maybe because of a lack of new topics. Until, I couldn't resist on the Bob Jones thread. I know I just try to extend some threads with thinly related posts on the subject by being provocative. I'll take your advice and not try to post on a lot of different subjects. But, if I don't see a lot of posting by others, I'm going to be tempted. Do not lead me into temptation!

My apologies to LikaNui. I thought maybe that was a fake celebrity fight that reality shows write in their scripts.
        Last edited by Walkoff Balk; November 22, 2008, 02:33 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
          the operative word here is spread WB.

*geisha giggles*

mahalo
          I'm going the refrain from making a comeback. A first time?

Comment

I wrote last week that I was going on hiatus, because deep down I knew I was going over the line with cruel jokes!
            are you a drama queen WB? i don't think your jokes are cruel at all! are you sensitive?

I know I just try to extend some threads with thinly related posts on the subject by being provocative. I'll take your advice and not try to post on a lot of different subjects. But, if I don't see a lot of posting by others, I'm going to be tempted. Do not lead me into temptation!
            *seeking penance leads WB into temptation* don't take the fun out of the forum.
            stay forever young

Comment

Clinton, Gore, Obama in recent years. I was in Charles Gibson's office at ABC the other day, guess he would count too.

Aj

Comment

Thanks for understanding what I meant, WB, and for being a good sport. And kalihiboy puts us back on topic...

Comment

My apologies to LikaNui. I thought maybe that was a fake celebrity fight that reality shows write in their scripts.
                  I'd be happy to accept your apology, but I have no idea what you're apologizing for. I went back several pages in this thread, and didn't see anything I wrote about a celebrity fight. Maybe you meant someone else?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                    are you a drama queen WB? i don't think your jokes are cruel at all! are you sensitive?
                    Why are you trash talkin' at me when I'm trying to be more Kindler and Gentler?
                    If I got a nickel everytime someone calls me a Drama Queen, I could buy the steel on steel rail.
                    I better dig out because I was called out a couple of times for changing the subject of the thread.
                    (Exit: Stage Right)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      I'd be happy to accept your apology, but I have no idea what you're apologizing for. I went back several pages in this thread, and didn't see anything I wrote about a celebrity fight. Maybe you meant someone else?
                      I was referring to your competitive banther with Tiny Tadani. The only thing missing was Tony Reali scoring points.

Comment

I was referring to your competitive banther with Tiny Tadani.
                        I haven't heard the term "banther" before, but in any case there was nothing "competitive" in the discussions with Tiny. I think I may have been the first to jump on him, and I guess I was the harshest, but plenty of other regulars here jumped in to spank him too. Almost every post of his was a commercial (not allowed here, and disrespectful to our host and others), plus his use of his own son and then his religious games, and finally his attacking Auntie Pupule... POW! BAM! Unanimous decision: outta here, Tiny.
                        Nothing competitive about it.
                        End of story. 'Nuff said.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Anyone I meet from HT is famous, in my book. I hope to increase that count someday.

Comment

Why are you trash talkin' at me when I'm trying to be more Kindler and Gentler?(Exit: Stage Right)
                            aaww WB that wasn't trash talking...that was an innocent question *smiles*

did you buy the rail yet?
                            stay forever young

Comment

My wife met Tom Cruise just the other day.
                              http://valkyrie.unitedartists.com/
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Anyone I meet from HT is famous, in my book. I hope to increase that count someday.
                                You going to the xmas party on the 13th ?
                                http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
                                http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
                                If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Working...
                                X