Lan Vo (psychic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lan Vo (psychic)

One thing I can say about Lan is that she's been around for a long time. During the 1980s I had a fascination with all things psychic and took the advice of a friend to see the "new psychic in town". This was approx. 1984 and the psychic was Lan. She saw people at her home just off Beretania St. in Moiliili. Lan didn't allow the sessions to be taped and, iirc, she was fairly new to this country. My ears had a difficult time with her English! What I do remember is, while her predictions didn't pan out, she did tell me things about me and my family, things that had already happened, and there was no way for her to know that kinda stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
      Forgive my skepticism (which is probably not entirely warranted, since I believe certain tough-to-believe things in the Bible)...
      Yeah, I thought that was funny too.

Hey, to each their own. Some people believe in astrology. Some people believe in Cthulu. Some people believe in god. Some want to spend their money on Magic 8 Balls, others on horoscopes, scrolls, rabbit feet, or I Ching sticks. Some want to have tarot cards around. Or crucifixes. Or prayer beads. Or fuzzy dice.

If it suits your worldview, gives you something to think about, makes you feel better, have at it.

For what it's worth, I don't believe in psychics, or god, but found the visit with Lan Vo to be pretty memorable. I'm as skeptical as they come, but from what I heard, if you wanted to see one, she was the one to see. (I certainly don't expect to see another.) The original poster just wanted to find Lan Vo, and as much fun as the subsequent conversation was, I do hope cczbw got his or her answer.
      Last edited by pzarquon; April 1, 2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        [...]Hey, to each their own. Some people believe in astrology. Some people believe in Cthulu. Some people believe in god. Some want to spend their money on Magic 8 Balls, others on horoscopes, scrolls, rabbit feet, or I Ching sticks. Some want to have tarot cards around. Or crucifixes. Or prayer beads. Or fuzzy dice.
        [...]
        Don't forget Ouija Boards!!! My mom and I worked the board often when I was growing up. I have 2 very memorable experiences...

In 1954, while on the board with my mom I asked if I would *ever* have a baby brother or sister. I was desperate for one! Yes...said the board...a boy, Oct 1956. Yah! Right! A couple of years later and much to my parents surprise, I was going to get my wish. The due date was early Dec. 1956. My brother was a preemie, born Oct. 28, 1956!

After I got married, I wanted to try contacting my deceased grandmother on my dad's side! That was a bit tricky cuz I also knew that the mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law never liked each other! But, that was my grandma and I loved her so my mom agreed. I also knew mom would most likely be a very passive participant. Contacting that ol' gal was always a kick and, I swear she did have supernaturals powers when she was alive! Anyway, I asked her if she somehow attended my wedding or at least saw me get married. "I was a daisy in your bouquet!" was spelled out. And, yes, my bridal bouquet was full of daisies! I was dumbfounded as I'd never thought of that...but, in hindsight, it was just so typical of her! That was 40+ years ago and I'm still trying to figure out exactly which daisy was my Granny!

Comment

Lan Vo's office is at 2629 Pali Hwy just before Nu'uanu Congregational Church if you're traveling mauka. The phone number is (808) 595-2207. Call about 2 months in advance for an appointment.

I've seen Lan several times and often I go as a walk-in. To do this, you should show up when the office opens at 8:00 and sign the walk-in wait list. Then go eat breakfast. At 10:00 Lan comes in and starts doing readings. If one of her appointments doesn't show, she'll take someone from the walk-in list. Once I only waited an hour - another time I waited until nearly 5PM.

Lan's accuracy about past events and present circumstances is startling! She is quite specific. However, I've found that her predictions about the future are not very reliable. Some are specific and right on the money. But it seems that the farther into the future she is looking, the less accurate her vision is. If anyone is interested in having me expound on that I'll give examples. Otherwise, since I'm new to the board, I'll hush now.

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be in "Hale Ku`ai" now?

Comment

Only if every other thread discussing local businesses, recommendations, and the like count as advertising as well. Snicker as we might about psychics, people seek them out, and I know for a fact people seek this one out in particular. I'm glad some folks have stepped forward to help make the connection, and shared their own experiences.

Comment

I've always thought that psychics shouldn't have to advertise anyway.
                If they are any good at what they do, they'll know when you need their services, and they will find you...

Comment

Originally posted by Tamashii
                  the office opens at 8:00 (...) Once I only waited an hour - another time I waited until nearly 5PM.
                  (...) I've found that her predictions about the future are not very reliable.
                  I found it amusing that someone would wait around all day long to see a psychic who's "not very reliable."

Otherwise, since I'm new to the board, I'll hush now.
                  No need to hush. Your input was very helpful to those who are interested in Lan Vo.
                  And welcome to HT!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I have never seen Lan Vo before, nor do I think I will. The last time I went to a psychic was five years ago. I went with my Dad to the Mililani Town Center to get a bite to eat along the way I noticed a sign that read Psychic Fair in the town center. My dad kept trying to convince me that I should go and see one. BAD MOVE on my part. So I decided "Why not?" I paid twenty dollars for twenty minutes and I sat in this chair next to this gothic looking lady who wore a cross around her neck. She said some of the most meanest things I have ever heard anyone say, all of it wasn't accurate. She said I drove a big car, at the time I drove a toyota Corrolla how was that big? She said I was going to rack up in speeding tickets. I never had one. I think she had something personal against me cause she constantly bashed me with bad things until the end of my twenty minutes. But thanks to her I realize that I never want to see one again.
                    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                      I have never seen Lan Vo before, nor do I think I will. The last time I went to a psychic was five years ago. I went with my Dad to the Mililani Town Center to get a bite to eat along the way I noticed a sign that read Psychic Fair in the town center. My dad kept trying to convince me that I should go and see one. BAD MOVE on my part. So I decided "Why not?" I paid twenty dollars for twenty minutes and I sat in this chair next to this gothic looking lady who wore a cross around her neck. She said some of the most meanest things I have ever heard anyone say, all of it wasn't accurate. She said I drove a big car, at the time I drove a toyota Corrolla how was that big? She said I was going to rack up in speeding tickets. I never had one. I think she had something personal against me cause she constantly bashed me with bad things until the end of my twenty minutes. But thanks to her I realize that I never want to see one again.
                      Heh. I think you get out of things like going to see a psychic what you put into it. If you go in as a skeptic, nothing that person says or does will be acceptable. If you go in wanting to believe, you will find things that will make you believe. Ah, the mind is a powerful thing.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        Heh. I think you get out of things like going to see a psychic what you put into it. If you go in as a skeptic, nothing that person says or does will be acceptable. If you go in wanting to believe, you will find things that will make you believe. Ah, the mind is a powerful thing.

Miulang

Yeah that's true, but it's not good to let a good mind go to waiste. To each his own right?
                        Last edited by Pedro; April 21, 2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                          Yeah that's true, but it's not good to let a good mind go to waiste. To each his own right?
                          My mind has gone to my waist lately; I need to exercise more (back to hula classes!)

As for my own right, it's been working well in congress with my own left.
                          Which is more than you can say for Congress.

But I'm more psycho than psychic (you KNEW I was going to say that, didn't you?)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                            My mind has gone to my waist lately; I need to exercise more (back to hula classes!)

As for my own right, it's been working well in congress with my own left.
                            Which is more than you can say for Congress.

But I'm more psycho than psychic (you KNEW I was going to say that, didn't you?)
                            Well I had it coming.

Comment

i'm going next week!!!

i'm so excited. i shouldn't be. the last psychic i saw in nuuanu asked me if i had my tonsils out (no) and if i had a brother (nope, not even a twice-removed step brother) THEN told me that my career will be "using my voice in some way."
                              thanks. goodbye hundred dollar bill that would have looked a lot better on the sales counter at bebe. boooooo.

but LAN VO! well... she's supposed to be different right? i mean, everyone i know has seen her. most said that everything she told them about their life actually happened with complete accuracy after a year. so, initially my girlfriend was irritated because she didn't meet the man she was supposed to meet on her birthday. she happened to meet him the following birthday. the same with some others. strange career predictions that they were like "no way this will happen" then it totally did.

anyway. can i bump up the lan vo thread now to tell you how excited i am? i can't wait! will i have children by next year? will i still be kicking butt at this too-good-to-be-true-but-really-is job? will my boyfriend finally decide to get practical and co-habitate?

*sigh*

[excited]
                              life is ok sometimes

Comment

Not knockin anyone who decides to go see her, but IMO, life's the greatest suspense movie EVER, so I'd never go see one. But if my life depended on seeing a psychic, I'd go see Zoltan!
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X