Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lan Vo (psychic)

Hi everyone,
    I was interested in getting a reading from her. Does anyone know how I get on the waiting list? Thanks!

Psychic Lan Vo

Hi all,
    Does anyone know how I can get on her waiting list? Is there a number I can call? I was interested because I have hear alot of great things about her. Thanks!

Comment

Re: Psychic Lan Vo

Ah, Lan Vo. Even some skeptics I know have visited with her. Heck, my wife and I did, as well. Google her for some interesting citations. She's reportedly booked weeks in advance, and walk-ins wait all day.

Last I knew, she was still at 2629 Pali Highway, at (808) 595-2207, closed Sundays.

FWIW, from a purely mathematic standpoint, the accuracy of her predictions were about what you'd get with a coin toss, but the experience itself is nonetheless uncanny, and a couple of the things that she said would happen that we thought were the most unlikely did, in fact, come to pass. Even if you don't believe in such things, the food for thought is worth the trip.

Comment

Re: Lan Vo (psychic)

I'm getting a vision right now, and I'll give it to you for free:

I see a fool and his money, soon being parted...
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I knew you were gonna post that twice.

Comment

I prefer Vedic astrology myself. At least that "art" has thousands of years of history in India going for it! Studied it for awhile, and it was interesting how using it in tandem with western astrology really does come up with some pretty amazing predictions.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks, my friend just went to her and she knew so much I just wanted to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by cczbw
                Thanks, my friend just went to her and she knew so much I just wanted to give it a try.
                Come see me. I give Whack whacks FREE!

Nah, whatever turns you on.

Auntie Alohilani Anani
                (das my new name)
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hey, just wanted to share with you that I have been seeing Lan since I was 16. I have always written down what she has told me and you would be amazed at the accuracy. The best advice I could give you is to write everything down and get out of your own way. Its sort of hard to explain in writing. An example may be if she told you that you were going to get a new car. You may interpret "new" as in brand new and then lets say someone gives you their late model car. Well, the car is new to you. Make sense? Also, the concept of time isnt always what we think. If she says 6 months. We often think from the exact date of our reading yet I have found that 6 months could be from an event. Another example is that she has always told me I would have, not birth, but have 3 children, 2 boys and a girl. I have one son from a first marriage, a step son from my second, and a baby girl with my step sons father.
                  Anyway, my best advice is to keep an open mind, listen carefully, ask questions, and write down everything. Good luck. I have an apt with her in June.
                  Last edited by Lauahi; March 31, 2006, 04:49 PM. Reason: punctuation, grammar
                  [FONT=Arial]Lauahi[/FONT]

Comment

Hi Lauahi, and welcome to HT.

Forgive my skepticism (which is probably not entirely warranted, since I believe certain tough-to-believe things in the Bible), but if you take a look at what you wrote, doesn't it seem that these example predictions are nearly can't-lose propositions?

First, the car. Since almost every American owns a car some time, predicting that some adult (especially one who drove to the appointment) will get a new one is sort of a gimme, wouldn't you say? Especially if you allow for a loose translation such as you describe. I'm not saying it's bogus, but I'm saying that people who are successful at predicting events like this become sort of skilled at knowing which likely-to-happen events are likeliest to happen to certain kinds of people. That's talent, but it may not be the kind of talent clients think they're paying for, yes?

The six-months thing is even more spurious. Any significant event that happens to us is almost surely six months removed from some other significant event in our lives. By not providing a definite, specific time frame (say, by giving a date), the psychic sets it up so that he or she is right all the time.

I won't deny the coolness of the children thing, but what I'd like to know is, did she specifically say "have, not birth," or are you emphasizing that she used the word "have" and not the word "birth?" 'Cause, you know, nobody says, "So-and-so birthed three children." Everyone in the country says, "So-and-so had three children." If she specifically said, "Have, not birth," then yeah, that's pretty cool, especially if she predicted this before you had (not birthed) the first child. If, on the other hand, she made this prediction while you already had (not birthed) two children, well, I don't think that's especially prescient, do you? Also, if you have (not birth) a fourth child, will she be wrong, or will she be right, since four children is indeed three children?

Please take my questions sincerely; I honestly want to know how people like this make other people's lives better, but I'm reasonably skeptical.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

i'll state up front that i'm skeptical about all of this but if i may ask a genuine question: if someone has psychic abilities, couldn't he/she make a pretty penny by investing in the right stocks or some such activity where knowledge could put one at a great advantage?

and having made a gazzillion dollars, he/she could use that money to help a million + people with shelter, education, food, health care, etc...
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, they say that it doesn't work that way. I think most psychics say they have to have some kind of personal connection with someone, although that doesn't seem to stop that woman who's frequently on David Letterman, who does that hilarious "psychic sandwich" game, where she tries to "intuit" the sandwhich Rupert Ghee has prepared. I'm inclined to accept an explanation like that; if this thing works at all, a required contact with some other person would make sense.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I went to see Lan a while ago. I heard she was very good. I suppose like everything else, I was curious. As soon as I walked in she asked if I was pregnant- I said no, she asked if I had a miscarriage recently, I said no...at the time I was a virgin. Needless to say, the rest of the reading was completely off. I was really disappointed.

But there is one thing I learned from the experience...if something sounds too good to be true, it is. Also, people who seek psychic readings are searching for guidance...but deep down, it ia really a search for confirmation. I was hoping she could tell me what career path to choose. She wasn't even able to help with that, but I finally listened to my heart and it has been a good predictor of one thing...I am a lot happier now. =)

I wish you luck in finding a real psychic...are they out there? I am sure of it. But I also know, like everything spiritual, it's a leap of faith. And for every 1 real psychic, there's a AT LEAST a million fake ones. So it's like finding a needle in a haystack. The search may be expensive too since the fake ones charge a lot. I think if someone was truly psychic, they'd have less need for money and can render the services for free...the best things in life are free...love, true psychic readings, etc...

Comment

how would i find someone reliable in Hawaii that does Vedic astrology?

Comment

Originally posted by Grace92866
                              I think if someone was truly psychic, they'd have less need for money and can render the services for free...the best things in life are free...love, true psychic readings, etc...
                              Grace, Wise and true words of somebody who sought, found, know by experience and now share. Bravo!

The best things in LIFE are FREE! Anyone with any gift whom are blessed shares them willingly without pay because it is a gift from God and shouldn't be profiting for their own personal gain. Nuff said.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X