X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manoa Busts a Homeless!!!

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    No worry tutue...

The defense team has all the pictures and videos...

this case has now been postponed for many weeks now for many different reasons...

I'm pulling my own stink now.... I wrote earlier on HT about having to report to court and having to pay for parking.... well I'm still doing it... and it kind of irks me.

There is no if's and or doubt's about this case... I'm just irked that I keep having to leave work because of court summons....
    Oh poop! It would be fun to watch the judge navigate, on a big screen, the youtube.com site!

I think I'm missing sumthin'! I was under the impression that this incident happened today, Manoa.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      Oh poop! It would be fun to watch the judge navigate, on a big screen, the youtube.com site!

I think I'm missing sumthin'! I was under the impression that this incident happened today, Manoa.
      I'm sorry...didn't want to mislead...

this incident happened about 2 months ago...however, I've held off talking about it and since the talkstink stuff came out...

I figure... freedom of speech is freedom of speech.... Why do I have to keep paying my own parking fees even though I'm a state employee that won't get reimbursed for these parking fees...and/or I don' get witness fees or anything...

Instead..the state justifies this whole scenario by saying that I'm employed by the state and that I'm doing my civic duty....

I therefore fall behind in my State related job...only to fricking have to pay parking which won't be reimbursed...

I dunno what to say...maybe this is just one of the reasons why people don't get involved in keeping crime out of their community....it end's up costing them!

Comment

Aww...c'mon....how much could parking cost, in Hilo?

Go on, and do your civic duty, boy....'complete the mission'...it's not enough to just be the hero, and catch the guy, you gotta do the rest of it, too. If you don't like that part, just think of what the cops, prosecutors, lawyers, and the rest, all have to go through every day....and sometimes, after all that, then see the rotten bad guy get off lightly, too.

Little wonder public servants, in this sector, get discouraged.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I figure... freedom of speech is freedom of speech.... Why do I have to keep paying my own parking fees even though I'm a state employee that won't get reimbursed for these parking fees...and/or I don' get witness fees or anything... Instead..the state justifies this whole scenario by saying that I'm employed by the state and that I'm doing my civic duty.... I therefore fall behind in my State related job...only to fricking have to pay parking which won't be reimbursed...
          So that's what this is about? Seriously?

Inspired by the TalkStink.com case, where free speech is being stifled via the mis-application of flawed laws by an elected official against a private citizen expressing politically protected speech... you decide to finally speak out now, too. But not about the abuse of power and censorship, nor about busting a homeless guy, nor even just to tell an interesting story. Instead, "free speech" means an opportunity to bitch about having to pay for parking to go to court?

It's your civic duty even if you weren't employed by the state, dude. Hell, I imagine you're getting paid whether you're in the office or in the courthouse. Lots of other people who are called to testify don't even have that luxury. They make real sacrifices to be at the courthouse, even if they're never called into court.

As a taxpayer, I sure am sorry we're not paying for your parking, and I'll give you a quarter to offset this immense burden... but seriously, "getting involved" in your community means more than jumping a guy and documenting your brave, heroic deed by posting a video on look-at-me-look-at-me YouTube. It means you finish what you started, however long the wheels of justice take to turn, and that you keep your eye on the big picture, not the goddamn parking meter.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            So that's what this is about? Seriously?

Inspired by the TalkStink.com case, where free speech is being stifled via the mis-application of flawed laws by an elected official against a private citizen expressing politically protected speech... you decide to finally speak out now, too. But not about the abuse of power and censorship, nor about busting a homeless guy, nor even just to tell an interesting story. Instead, "free speech" means an opportunity to bitch about having to pay for parking to go to court?

It's your civic duty even if you weren't employed by the state, dude. Hell, I imagine you're getting paid whether you're in the office or in the courthouse. Lots of other people who are called to testify don't even have that luxury. They make real sacrifices to be at the courthouse, even if they're never called into court.

As a taxpayer, I sure am sorry we're not paying for your parking, and I'll give you a quarter to offset this immense burden... but seriously, "getting involved" in your community means more than jumping a guy and documenting your brave, heroic deed by posting a video on look-at-me-look-at-me YouTube. It means you finish what you started, however long the wheels of justice take to turn, and that you keep your eye on the big picture, not the goddamn parking meter.
            no ...

It had nothing to do with the TalkStink thing... was just thinking along free speech lines....etc...

I choose now to post and show the video's because I have found the ease that it was to post to Youtube....

Quite honestly...

Just tried to put a storyline behind the post.

Comment

Good job, Mānoa! A couple months ago, some guy stole my bag right out of my car which was parked just a few feet away from my bedroom window. HPD found it two blocks away - minus a brand new iPod, some DVDs and my driver’s license. Some kind of neighborhood we live in, huh?
              Originally posted by 1stwahine
              manoasurfer321, wen the cameras roll...we all become actors and actresses. it's a given!
              Especially the 1st wahine! She tells everyone on this board, “oh, I’m camera shy” - then posts a HUGE HUMANGOUS picture of herself posing with Ed Case. No ack, Aunty Lynn!!!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                Good job, Mānoa! A couple months ago, some guy stole my bag right out of my car which was parked just a few feet away from my bedroom window. HPD found it two blocks away - minus a brand new iPod, some DVDs and my driver’s license. Some kind of neighborhood we live in, huh?
                Especially the 1st wahine! She tells everyone on this board, “oh, I’m camera shy” - then posts a HUGE HUMANGOUS picture of herself posing with Ed Case. No ack, Aunty Lynn!!!
                eh, I didn't know how to make da picture smaller at the time. Now I know. What's your problem? I no make pilikia to you?

Get a grip!

Auntie Lynn intoxicated to da max!
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I imagine the restraint that it takes to resist pounding a thief into salt is more than my redneck training could possibly comprehend.

Not much thievin goin on in this part of South Kona. I attribute that to the fact thieves know where, and who, they want to steal from. Most of my neighbors would not have the patience to call the cops. Response times are measured in generations.

And old Uncle M always goes fishin around 430 every morning.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

So i just happened to bust someone else for trying to dissassemble the Ala Wai Lights that light up the Baseball field! (immediately thought of all the wire thefts going on). Called 911 and the guy was in the process of ripping the lights apart as the first officer arrived.

Turns out the guy had a hacksaw and all... He is now on his way to the County Hotel!

I must give compliments to the officers as the 4 units that responded did a thorough investigation. They must have been there for at least an hour and half investigating it.

Don't know if this post should go here...since I don't know if the guy was homeless!

Just thought I'd share that I got one more criminal off the streets for at least the weekend!

Looks like more "Witness" leave from work coming up again!

Comment

So i just happened to bust someone else for trying to dissassemble the Ala Wai Lights that light up the Baseball field! (immediately thought of all the wire thefts going on). Called 911 and the guy was in the process of ripping the lights apart as the first officer arrived.

Turns out the guy had a hacksaw and all... He is now on his way to the County Hotel!

I must give compliments to the officers as the 4 units that responded did a thorough investigation. They must have been there for at least an hour and half investigating it.

Don't know if this post should go here...since I don't know if the guy was homeless!

Just thought I'd share that I got one more criminal off the streets for at least the weekend!

Looks like more "Witness" leave from work coming up again!
                      Mahalos for being a good citizen, Manoa. I hope that blue jellyfish bachi is removed from you because of your good deed.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        Mahalos for being a good citizen, Manoa.
                        yea.
                        and
                        shame on all those bad citizens who DON'T bust people trying to steal from private or public property. a pox on them!

Comment

Kimo55 -

with due respect... it is a shame for those people that do sit back and allow crime to run rampant in there neighborhoods.

For those that are to scared to report it or fear retaliation because they call 911, I feel for them... let them live in fear and continue to allow people to come into their neighborhoods and commit crimes.

I simply won't allow that to happen... is this my bad... I dunno.. don't care... but if your in my backyard ripping out wires from my tax funded lighting poles that light up the fields so that kids can play... then yes... I'm going to call 911!

If you choose to remain silent when you witness a crime...than you are a part of the crime!

Comment

For those that are to scared to report it or fear retaliation because they call 911,
                            cannot call, but! no mo da kine. eleven on da... kine.

Comment

if your in my backyard ripping out wires from my tax funded lighting poles that light up the fields so that kids can play... then yes... I'm going to call 911!
                              It is NOW a crime to just do that! and nothing more:
                              according to the renewed adjeucted infraction code of reportage according to da neighborhood watch mandated by the chief of police jurisdiction nine five oh eleven, you must NOW carry withon your person, a video camera, record the incident, and post duly with no further ado delay, notwithstanding curtailment or delay of said action, due to the power outage caused by the aforementioned possible theft of elecrical wiring, with said actions, forthwith duly ascribed, and notated according to City Hall and Oats, the prerequisite addition of the next addition of the YouTube video for all and sundry various neighborhood watches and junior cops and security novices for their elucitation, and uh....

Comment

If you're gonna get drunk, don't post on Hawaii Threads... If you're going to get drunk, don't post on Hawaii Threads...

Come on, say it with me:

If you're going to get drunk...

Comment

Working...
                                X