• Show
Clear All

• kiwidiva
    replied
    Re: A Hawaii produced film make it to the Sundance Film Festival

as for toa...hes a fuamiti not a sogaimiti
    hahahaha!

im a big fan of sundance
    Me too! What I really like about Sundance is that they will select some of their short films and stream them over the internet for FREE! So you can watch the movie at home without having to travel to Utah.

And if you want to own the movie (and honestly, who wouldn't?) - after the festival, they make some of them available on Apple's iTunes Movie Store for $1.99. For those who don't have an I-pod or an I-Tunes account, some of this year's selections will also be available for Xbox LIVE, the online entertainment network for Microsoft’s Xbox 360, and the Netflix member Web Site.

It's awesome that we will be able to download some of this year's shorts and watch them anywhere in the world - where previously you could only see short films at film festivals. The great thing too is that almost all the money you pay at I-Tunes goes directly to the filmmakers - so they can make MORE great films!

I just hope that CHIEF is selected as one of the films they upload to the internet. I guess it will depend on how the film is received by audiences at the festival and whether it wins any awards. Fingers and legs crossed!
    Last edited by kiwidiva; January 9, 2008, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PoiBoy
    replied

malo le soifua suga, faafetai tele lava foi for the link. im really excited about this film! im a big fan of sundance/ifc so i hope the film does well at the festival and makes it to tv.
    love this still from the film

as for toa...hes a fuamiti not a sogaimiti
    Last edited by PoiBoy; January 9, 2008, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kiwidiva
    replied

Fa'afetai lava for that PoiBoy!

Tutusue posted it here: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...=13367&page=10as both Chief Sielu and the director Brett Wagner will be appearing on the Andy Bumatai show in the coming days.

I'm trying to get hold of the Chief now for a quote for my freelancing gig. He's in demand!

Now, what do you think of TOA on American Gladiator??? Check out the thread in "The Tube" section... If he was a REAL Samoan Warrior - he'd be a soga'imiti (wearer of the traditional Samoan men's tattoo) like the Chief!!! I've been to the Chief's Fiafia Night (Samoan version of a luau) out at Ko'olina Resort and almost all his dancers are soga'imiti!!! None of the girls have a malu (traditional Samoan women's tattoo) though
    Last edited by kiwidiva; January 9, 2008, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PoiBoy
    started a topic "Chief" at Sundance & HIFF

"Chief" at Sundance & HIFF

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/13549037.html

For the first time, a short-film produced in Hawaii is accepted into the Sundance Film Festival.

The movie is about a Samoan chief whose life takes a disastrous turn. This is Chief Sielu Avea's first effort at dramatic acting. Director Brett Wagner says he was confident about the film because of the acting, script and cinematography.

"There's definitely a luck factor as well because they receive 8,000 submissions every year, five thousand of those were short films so that was what we were competing against and it's just a dream come true," said Wagner.

It wasn't easy getting here. There were difficulties shooting at sea, in storms, in moving cars going through Chinatown in the dark.

"All these things are very difficult. But I felt like every day of the shoot, we came away with something that just felt magical. Something that felt like - a gift," said Wagner.
    http://www.chief-movie.com/
Working...
X