X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are the Coolest Movie Weapons?

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Not in any order other than popping into my mind:

Jesse Ventura's gatling gun in Predator.
    I agree helen...that was one hell of a gun!

I also liked Rose McGowen's leg in Planet Terror

Devon Aoki in Sin City(check out those earrings) was a human weapon that kicked A$$!

Last edited by alohabear; January 26, 2008, 10:06 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Re: What Are the Coolest Movie Weapons? - ROBOTS

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Well I kinda liked Transformers, especially when that car transformed from that classic beater into that modern retro Camaro. Now that was cool.
      Blackout's Electromagnetic Bomb was pretty awesome when he used it in the opening scene's attack at Quatar base.

Speaking of robots, in Terminator 2, the T1000's ability to morph into anything equal in size via its "mimetic polyalloy" design was pretty cool. Not so cool for John Connor's foster parents, though.

Not a movie, but you gotta' love Kikaida's "Daburu Choppu" (double chop) and "Denji End" (electro-end).
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I must mention The One Ring from LOTR as a powerful, though not so typical, weapon.

Comment

Add to the list the big guns of the USS Missouri, last fired in the Steven Sagal movie, "Under Seige," just before the ship was decommissioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Siege
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

After seeing the trailer for Teeth ,I would have to say.....

Flickr

Comment

The Annexation of Puerto Rico from "Little Giants"
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I had a few moments left at the end of an algebra class last week, so I shared my top ten, counting them down from 10. My students (juniors and seniors, all boys except for one senior girl) were least impressed with Harry Potter's wand and Jason Voorhees's chainsaw (they correctly observed that it's really a machete he's most seen with). When I said, "Wolverine's adamantium blades," there was a group, "yeaaaaaahhhh..." and when I said "Dirty Harry Callahan's Smith & Wesson .45 Magnum," they said, "good one!" and when I said, "Indiana Jones's whip," there was unanimous agreement that sounded like, "Excellent!"

Then, of course, was the discussion of weapons I missed, including Ripley's guns in the Aliens films and stuff from a bunch of movies I've never seen.

Good discussion. I wonder if it would have worked as well with my other math class, which is comprised entirely of senior girls.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned Austin Powers' Fembots...that's cool
                  Attached Files

Flickr

Comment

AB, wassup with your fixation on genitorturetalia?

me? Lesseee:

That weenie gun that sent Will Smith flying backwards in MIB was pretty funny.

The one-handed cocking action of T2 (T100-shotgun, Sarah Connor-machine gun) defined badassedness.

Anytime I see a bazooka on a shoulder, my visceral reaction is "cooooool", while I cerebrally wrestle with the fact that war ain't cool.

pax

Comment

Iron Man's mark III armor.

Comment

I'm going to have to hereby declare Tony Stark's Iron Man suit as THE coolest weapon ever to hit the silver screen. EVER.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Thulsa Doom's snake-arrow in Conan the Barbarian was pretty darn cool.
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

How about the Croc Dundee's, "That's not a knife, now this is a knife?"
                            Which comedian said that he would drop trou and shoot off a rocket?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                              10. KAOS's Nude Bomb
                              Haha, that brings back memories.

Originally posted by DaFerret View Post
                              It was either this or the all-purpose M41A Pulse Rifle.
                              My friend walked into a book dealer's store, and the guy had a M41A on display (not sure whether it was a movie prop or replica).

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                              Another cool weapon from that movie were little robotic spiders that jumped on your head, then stuck a needle in your brain and injected acid.
                              The spiders scared me more than the bullets. It took me a while to trust public restrooms after that movie

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                              I saw a documentary on Charlie Wilson. While in the CIA, he agreed to meet a gun smith who was pushing the idea of a .50 cal sniper rifle. Apparently the guy just threw it into the back of his pickup truck and drove down to D.C. to demo it. At some point there was an accidental discharge, and a round struck a gas station, setting it on fire. The cover story was it was domestic terrorism and the gas station owner was compensated.

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                              I'm surprised no one mentioned Austin Powers' Fembots...that's cool
                              LMFAO
                              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                              "
                              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

On 2 Fast 2 Furious, the cops had a bazooka which launched out some kind of missle with spikes. If the missle hit a car, it would electronically disable and shut it down. It looks cool, but it isn't real. At least, not yet anyway.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X