Tom Cruise's latest "Valkyrie"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Cruise's latest "Valkyrie"

Wife and I were at the premiere of "Valkyrie" this past Thursday.

Enjoyed the film. Well told story worth telling.
    Excellent cast. Great sound. Reasonably taut for a true story.

We were lucky enough to rub elbows as well.

http://valkyrie.unitedartists.com/
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

No take on the movie, but...

...you have my sympathys for living in el'ay. Why do you note "Please don't call it LA"?
    That's where I grew up, and called it nothing but.
    Is there something going on there now, like 'don't call us Frisco!'?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Tom Cruise's latest "Valkyrie"

I may have to put aside my dislike of Tom Cruise, in order to go see this film. It's a subject that catches my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        I may have to put aside my dislike of Tom Cruise, in order to go see this film. It's a subject that catches my interest.
        Cruise is the main guy, but it's an ensemble movie. He's adequate in the role.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
          Cruise is the main guy, but it's an ensemble movie. He's adequate in the role.
          Thanks - that increases the chances that I'll go see it. I understand the release was delayed a few times - anyone got da scoops on that?

Comment

I suspect that a lot was cut out that needed to be in it to make it a better film. I just reviewed it for the paper and gave it a passing grade, but only just. And I'm a WWII buff.
            Burl Burlingame
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I'm from Frisco. Call it what you like. It's a great place no matter the name.

WWII buff here too. Yeah Leo and Burl, great subject on every level. My favorite teacher in HS taught US history. He was a P-38 Lightning Pilot in the Pacific Theatre with a lot of missions and many kills, and terrific stories. He took a group of us to DC for 10 days.... for the "Close-Up" club. Ever heard of it?

Cruise is great. You must admit that. From Risky Business and Taps, to The Last Samurai and War of the Worlds. The hits just keep on coming. For nearly 30 years !!

I will go see it with an attitude of lots of "pre-approval." Cannot Wait !
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Just found out tonight that my friend's former grandfather-in-law is the subject of this movie. That gives me a reason to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Just found out tonight that my friend's former grandfather-in-law is the subject of this movie.
                  Von Stauffenberg or Hitler?
                  Burl Burlingame
                  honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Re: No take on the movie, but...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    ...you have my sympathys for living in el'ay.
                    Sympathies? I rather like it here. This is where I was born, as was my father before me. YMMV.

Why do you note "Please don't call it LA"?
                    Yes, the "Frisco" thing.

That's where I grew up, and called it nothing but.
                    Many do. I do not. Call me pretentious. Your offer of sympathies strikes me the same way.

Is there something going on there now, like 'don't call us Frisco!'?
                    Strictly my own formality. I'm hoping it catches on.
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                      Von Stauffenberg or Hitler?
                      Definitely not Hitler!

Comment

I'm really interested in seeing this, too, even though I know I'm going to be annoyed by the other actors' British accents. The accents in films like this are something I just don't get.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Thanks - that increases the chances that I'll go see it. I understand the release was delayed a few times - anyone got da scoops on that?
                          What I know is that they had production problems. Some critical footage was accidentally destroyed. Some scenes shot in Europe had to be reshot. And the opening scene was shot last(in SoCal) with some delays. Additionally the original release was for Feb. and moved up to Christmas Day.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            I'm really interested in seeing this, too, even though I know I'm going to be annoyed by the other actors' British accents. The accents in films like this are something I just don't get.
                            The movie opens in German and transitions to American. Then some English is introduced.

Comment

Approx. 30 million in box office for the 4 day. Better than expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X