• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serenity
    replied
    Re: Cellphone users

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    There are times when it really gets on my nerves, like at the movies or in the bathroom, especially in the stalls- big pet peeve. But other times, it really cracks me up to listen in on other peoples' conversations. And I don't consider this rude. You started a phone conversation in front of me- I'm going to listen to it, especially if I have nothing better to do, like when I'm waiting in line or getting my nails done.
    OR, how about they go in the stall, & do their thing, then start up a conversation with their cellphone to their friends or whoever, then you think they are talking to you. : lol. then later after a while, you realized they are not talking to you rather on their cell phone instead . sheesh.lol.

Note: I do this only when it's stuff like, "OMG Tiffanie, he was like, SO cute. No, what did he say? NO, LIKE TELL ME!!! Whatever! Whatever you!"

But if they're super-annoying, all you really have to do is pretend you're a little too much into their conversation, and then make little comments about their conversations or laugh along, or be like, "She didn't!" It usually irritates the offender enough that they end the conversation or go away and it amuses the other people in line.
    NOW, that's funny . I should remember that, the next time I have the same situation happen to me. lol. Thanks. :-).

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    There are times when it really gets on my nerves, like at the movies or in the bathroom, especially in the stalls- big pet peeve. But other times, it really cracks me up to listen in on other peoples' conversations. And I don't consider this rude. You started a phone conversation in front of me- I'm going to listen to it, especially if I have nothing better to do, like when I'm waiting in line or getting my nails done.

Note: I do this only when it's stuff like, "OMG Tiffanie, he was like, SO cute. No, what did he say? NO, LIKE TELL ME!!! Whatever! Whatever you!"

But if they're super-annoying, all you really have to do is pretend you're a little too much into their conversation, and then make little comments about their conversations or laugh along, or be like, "She didn't!" It usually irritates the offender enough that they end the conversation or go away and it amuses the other people in line.
    LMFAO it is good to know I am not the only one who does that surlygirly.....

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    that's a darn shame.....a funny shame - LOL
    I've been trying to call you but forgot your cell number.

Please call me. Good kind call.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Turn it OFF for a couple of hours. Jeez.

Oh, and there are the people who have their cells on speaker phone and stand there yelling into the phone, generally in a public place, and we can hear both sides of the conversation. Last time I suggested to someone who was doing that that they were being loud, he yelled at me that I was interrupting a private conversation. This was in line at a bank.
    I would just look at those kind of people, like this ---> & give a big sigh.lol.

I was inside a public transit (bus) one time, & had a chick sitting down yacking really loud on her cellphone (from one sided conversation), it was a long trip for everyone too. The driver finally had it with her loud talking & kicked her out (nicely,ofcourse.lol), once she left, the inside of the bus was finaly so quiet!. thankgoodness, too. sheeesh.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    OMG!!.lol. don't get me started on that.lol.

(my hubby is a taxi driver), he had a guy in his cab, yacking away on a corded cellphone earpiece, I think he thought he was a stockbroker or something.lol.

Covered his speaker, & said that 'he is making this guy a millionair", continued talking away.

Once he got out to pay his fare, my hubby noticed that the earpiece wasn't even connected to the phone , & he told the guy, I'm sure you would have made him some money if only your corded earpiece was connected to your phone. So the guy looked back at him, & looked at his cellphone, & bolted (right after paying his fare).lol. LMAO.
    that's a darn shame.....a funny shame - LOL

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    And some of those people aren't even wearing a working earpiece.
    OMG!!.lol. don't get me started on that.lol.

(my hubby is a taxi driver), he had a guy in his cab, yacking away on a corded cellphone earpiece, I think he thought he was a stockbroker or something.lol.

Covered his speaker, & said that 'he is making this guy a millionair", continued talking away.

Once he got out to pay his fare, my hubby noticed that the earpiece wasn't even connected to the phone , & he told the guy, I'm sure you would have made him some money if only your corded earpiece was connected to your phone. So the guy looked back at him, & looked at his cellphone, & bolted (right after paying his fare).lol. LMAO.

Leave a comment:

• Composite 2992
    replied

On the other hand, people with Bluetooth headsets who walk down the street jabbering and gesturing merely appear crazy.
    And some of those people aren't even wearing a working earpiece.

Leave a comment:

• buzz1941
    replied

Turn it OFF for a couple of hours. Jeez.

Oh, and there are the people who have their cells on speaker phone and stand there yelling into the phone, generally in a public place, and we can hear both sides of the conversation. Last time I suggested to someone who was doing that that they were being loud, he yelled at me that I was interrupting a private conversation. This was in line at a bank.

On the other hand, people with Bluetooth headsets who walk down the street jabbering and gesturing merely appear crazy.

Leave a comment:

• snowbird
    replied

This seems to be a universal problem. It will continue to get much worse, before it gets better, I fear. Even though the theater plays a short film about requesting the cellphones be turned off, ushers don't do anything about the careless offenders. Tell the managers on the way out too! They might ask the ushers to do their jobs.

Another similar thing... I have a wireless internet connection on my laptop, and any microwaves, cellphone airwaves in the next room or my front yard, or the like, cause my computer to sit and stall til the offending radio/mircowaves stop transmitting (don't know if I'm using the right terms, but you get it?) No biggie, usually.

NOW, let's carry that quirky circumstance to a life or death situation: I seemed to spend a lot of time in the hospital emergency rooms last year, with various relatives. All over these ER rooms and at the entrance doors, big signs were requiring cell phones to be turned off, as they interfere with the medical equipment. NO ONE seem to give a care, and just chatted away, and loudly. I was flabbergasted! Would you like to be the one responsible for a life-saving machine to fail, due to your blabbing away about dinner plans with the friend? And what if it was your loved one in jeopardy?

We are morphing into a narcissistic world, where it's all about ME, and each generation gives us a new way to be selfish and inconsiderate. Back to old fashioned values, as we move forward with the boon of technology, please. Manners never go out of style.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

I was on the bus one day & heard this young man complaining that he didn't like his cell phone because it rang all the time. Guess he didn't realize that all phones have an on/off switch.

Cell phones are a part of our lives now, a necessity for most of us. However, there are times when they should just be turned off - a movie theatre is one of those places.
    Most of us don't really need to be "connected" 24/7 and we all have voice mail on our phones (or saved text messages). If I can't disconnect myself for the time it takes to watch a movie, then I really need to re-think my life priorities.

Cell phones can be very intrusive and folks can be really rude with their usage. It really does come down to just good manners and common sense. I don't have the right to intrude MY cell phone usage into YOUR space. and the reverse is also true.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

My new favorite nitwits --- people who use their cellphones for texting during a movie.
    I must admit & confess to this , my hubby & I were in a movie earlier today, I normally don't answer cellphones, (especially voiced once), but this one perhaps could be different, bu it was only for less than a minute.

My deaf friend asked me what I was doing? I suppose she wanted to hang out with me with other of our friends, so I told her (in short) "Nothing my hubby home today. Now watching a movie", & reply, that she would go with 2 of our friends to ward, then I said. "ok".

Cuz, I know that she would probably keep texting me until I reply, so best to reply & cut the texting to a minimum, & continued watching my movie.

I figure, I try to have an exception since I have a deaf friend, & another that is hard of hearing & they both text me from time to time.

If its not a deaf friend then I would let it go, unless they put a 911 emergency on the text to answer the voice messages that was left for me,
    then I would step out to listen :-).

Other than that, I would just leave it on vibrate, unlike some other people in the theater who just LOVES to hear their phone ring, with no regards to others around them being in a theater .

PUT IT ON VIBRATE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!. GAWD!!. Don't let it ring loud in a theater !!.

Leave a comment:

• buzz1941
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Because it distrubes the rest of the audience who paid the same amount of money to watch a movie.
    Exactly. If you wanna play with your cellphone in a movie, sit in the back.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Why all the aggression towards cellphone users? If someone wants to waste their $10 movie ticket by playing with their phone for 2 hours
    Because it distrubes the rest of the audience who paid the same amount of money to watch a movie.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

*smiles @ turtlegirl* seeking penance wishes you a happy new year

really is consideration....if you think about it.....no agression whatsoever....yet with the $10.00 I pay I would.....want to watch the movie without distraction..... it is more of a nuisance......

i politely tell them........

happy new year

Leave a comment:

Working...
X