A movie you may never see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A movie you may never see

I was still big on b-ball at the time, yet I don't remember much of this, we were all doing something similar so it didn't seem like all that at the time
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-326264
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: A movie you may never see

The Fritz Petersen-Mike Kekich wife swap story made big headlines at the time it was announced,.... but after the story began to sink in, the interest waned rather quickly and the whole incident became one of those curious footnotes in New York Yankee history.

If Affleck and Damon are enamoured of doing a wife swap story, they'll be better off with creating a fictional story, which would give them the freedom to incorporate a juicy and scandalous plot, without having to worry about any defamation lawsuits.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

the question everyone wants answered — Why did you swap wives?
      I would guess the same reason why most people have affairs: to experience a life different from the one they feel "trapped" in. Instead of sneaking behind each other's back, they were up front about it.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Quote:
        the question everyone wants answered — Why did you swap wives?

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
        I would guess the same reason why most people have affairs: to experience a life different from the one they feel "trapped" in. Instead of sneaking behind each other's back, they were up front about it.
        There's more to this than meets the eye. There are varieties of intersexual-heterosexual variation below the surface.

As well as the well-known Mormon-style polygamy, which still exists, even among non-Mormons as well, there is polyamory, where a group of mixed males and females agree to consensual relations. There is such a group currently on Maui.

Similar is polyfidelity, where a similar group pledges fidelity within the group. I knew of a group in S.F., don't know if they are extant.

Surprisingly, these so-called 'group marriages' work out fairly well. There is a conservation of family work and finances, and usually some sort of 'escape clause' if someone decides that lifestyle isn't for them after all.

Wife swapping (a chauvanistic term, as easily interchangable with 'husband swapping' - best rendered as 'spouse swapping') has more dangers, with its limited numbers, and transferance of affection sometimes happens, as does alienation, which can destroy one or both marriages as easily as simple infidelity.

Why do I know so much about this? I'm an anthropologist; I study human cultures and subcultures. (Not that it does anyone any good! [Nor much harm])

K+M+A+B+C=!#$%"]K+M+A+B+C=!#$%^&*()!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
          Why do I know so much about this? I'm an anthropologist; I study human cultures and subcultures.
          That's interesting food for thought, Kaonohi. It makes sense that smaller groups are more risky, volatile. The only thing I know about that kind of stuff is from the scene in Chasing Amy where she talks about the emotional dangers of two guys sharing one girl.
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
          "
          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

There was already a movie from that era with that subject matter. The movie was called Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice.

Comment

Movies can help us see ourselves.

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
              That's interesting food for thought, Kaonohi. It makes sense that smaller groups are more risky, volatile. The only thing I know about that kind of stuff is from the scene in Chasing Amy where she talks about the emotional dangers of two guys sharing one girl.
              We think that 2M+1F is potentially dangerous, as guys and our testosterone can erupt in jealous violence. Guys think that 2F+1M is a dreamworld, but women can be as much or more possessively jealous than men! Sometimes it works, but it's rare, we just are not trained that way; our culture does not support its acceptance.

FWIW, cheating is lying, and lying in any form can destroy otherwise good relationships.

That forbidden fruit sure looks good, but it often leaves a bitter aftertaste.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
              X