'Next Door' in chinatown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Next Door' in chinatown

Aloha Everyone! Tomarrow is September's First Friday's Festivities! From my walks in the mornings, it's geared up to be an interesting and fun filled one. Don't forget to also check out the recently opened Bars and Eateries. Hope to see you there...I'll be wearing my Papale and and doing my Auntie Lynn thing in Chinatown!

Visit my blog!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's that time again for First Friday in Chinatown! This time AuntieLynn got and know how to use camera. So Komo mai, no be shy...come to Chinatown and visit the beautiful Arts, Crafts and Weird people who frequent the area...nah, joke on the last one. Not.

I'll be walking around as usual and dropping in my favorite spots. Anyone wanting a personal tour of the Silent Community or our Men in Blue at the Chinatown Sub-Station...let me know. I'm Auntie Lynn of Chinatown at your service!!!!!

Comment

Website for Next Door:

www.whoisnextdoor.com

Also, if you plan to check out Gallery Hop in Oct, don't forget to pay a visit to one of the newer places:

Chinatown Courtyard One Night Stand (Five Windward artists will contribute to the October One Night Stand at the Mendonca Bldg Courtyard, 1126 Smith Street)

The Chinatown Couryard is looking for ideas on how best to use the space and wants to hear from YOU. Please stop by and let them know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          It's that time again for First Friday in Chinatown! This time AuntieLynn got and know how to use camera. So Komo mai, no be shy...come to Chinatown and visit the beautiful Arts, Crafts and Weird people who frequent the area...nah, joke on the last one. Not.

I'll be walking around as usual and dropping in my favorite spots. Anyone wanting a personal tour of the Silent Community or our Men in Blue at the Chinatown Sub-Station...let me know. I'm Auntie Lynn of Chinatown at your service!!!!!
          Just a reminder! Ooooops! Silly me, I thought First Friday was tonight. It's next week Friday. That's next Friday, October 7th.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Just a reminder! Ooooops! Silly me, I thought First Friday was tonight. It's next week Friday. That's next Friday, October 7th.
            I'm predicting no rain for next Friday.

Comment

First Friday is tomarrow night!

Have Fun!

Have a Designated Driver...Don't Drink and Drive!

If you see me, no be shy...say HI!

Aunty Lynn of Chinatown
              Last edited by 1stwahine; October 6, 2005, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Have Fun, Don't Drink and Drive
                eh aunty. make up yer mind!

Comment

Eh Aunty, would you happen to know who Betty Hernandez is? She used to own Swing Video on da corner of Hotel and Smith Sts.

Looks like she'll be doing Federal time, including forfeiting over $1 million in cash and assets.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                    Eh Aunty, would you happen to know who Betty Hernandez is? She used to own Swing Video on da corner of Hotel and Smith Sts.

Looks like she'll be doing Federal time, including forfeiting over $1 million in cash and assets.
                    Actually, the corner is Amy's Place. Swing Video was two doors down where the famous Swing Club was. She was evicted and then set up shop on Kapiolani Blvd. where they continued their activities. She kept the "Swing" name despite the owner's approval of the original Swing Club.

Crime does not pay!

Auntie Lynn of Chinatown

Comment

Crime does not pay!
                      It certainly sounds like it don't;
                      "$2 for users to enter" ?!
                      sheesh. she needed a consultant.

Comment

First Night (October 2005) was once again a success! So many establishments. All interesting. Offering quality merchandise and services. Lot's of wine, cheese and pupus for visitors who ventured into some places!

I've taken "some" pictures of Chinatown last night. Come take a look through the eyes of Auntie Pupule! Visit my Blog.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about it, Auntie. I wish I could have gone! I had to work. I didn't get off until ... I don't remember, but I didn't get home until after 2 a.m. I always have to work Fridays, but I hope to get off earlier sometime so I can check out First Friday. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

I've taken "some" pictures of Chinatown last night. Come take a look through the eyes of Auntie Pupule! Visit my Blog.

Auntie Lynn
                            Fun cute pics of yer fri nite jaunt, aunty!

but wait... wot daaa...
                            only one person at a time in da wahine lua?! wot kine dat?
                            dass no fun.

haveta say, mama looks alot younger than ya make her out to be!

that BEBE pic remind me of da old days, da Glades, eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              Fun cute pics of yer fri nite jaunt, aunty!

but wait... wot daaa...
                              only one person at a time in da wahine lua?! wot kine dat?
                              dass no fun.

haveta say, mama looks alot younger than ya make her out to be!

that BEBE pic remind me of da old days, da Glades, eh?!
                              Kimo, you were there? You had to be there to know about the bathroom incident! How come you neva say Hi?

Eh, I neva say my MAMA ugly! I said she 81 years old.

BEBE,Nikki,Laso, and Fo'lea too! Brings back memories of Glades. This month is the Coronation of The Imperial Court of Hawaii. Should be quite interesting.

MadAzza: Let me know when your schedule gets better!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Kimo, you were there? You had to be there to know about the bathroom incident! How come you neva say Hi?
                                "It's in yo peechah, It's in yo peechah,
                                I see a million details in yo peechaz
                                I want a doctor to take a picture
                                So I can look at da chronix from inside as well
                                My Glades wig steh turning up and turning down
                                and turning in and turning 'round

I'm turning Japanese
                                I think I'm turning Japanese
                                I really think so..."
                                Eh, I neva say my MAMA ugly! I said she 81 years old.
                                whoa! That word not needed here. I thot mama steh older, but she look young as me! dass why !
                                BEBE,Nikki,Laso, and Fo'lea too! Brings back memories of Glades. This month is the Coronation of The Imperial Court of Hawaii. Should be quite interesting.

hhhhooooda... I am there, girl fuh reyund!

"don't tink I turning mahu-ese,
                                dass wrong; don't think i mahu-ese,
                                no, please don' think so!"
                                Last edited by kimo55; October 9, 2005, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X