Mission: Impossible III (Mi3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission: Impossible III (Mi3)

just watched mission impossible 3 and thought it was well done. it is what it is: just a fun 2 hour escape from reality

(psst: the x-men trailer looks pretty good!)
    Last edited by shaveice; May 5, 2006, 01:48 AM.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: Mi3

I am sick to death of Tom Cruise, and M:I2 was a mess, but since M:I3 was directed by J.J. Abrams (of Lost and Alias and now the upcoming Star Trek movie) specifically because he'd bring a different perspective, I'll probably give it a shot.

Here's the review-aggregating Rotten Tomatoes page for M:I3. So far, so good...

Comment

From EW: Impossible may be a tad too strong a word, but getting the third installment of Tom Cruise's superspy series onto the screen has not exactly been a Mission: Piece of Cake. Paramount originally intended to release the follow-up to the $215 million-grossing M:I-2 in May of 2004, but that goal soon proved…well, you know. First, director David Fincher (Panic Room) left the project. Then Narc writer-director Joe Carnahan was brought on board, only to leave due to creative differences. Cast members Scarlett Johansson, Kenneth Branagh, and Carrie-Anne Moss came and went. For a while, the project seemed to be stuck in a state of limbo. But through it all, Ving Rhames, who reprises his role as tech whiz Luther Strickell, never lost faith: ''These movies make so much money, I knew it would happen.''
      I hope it's good with all these problems ( which I bet is due to TOM) . I'll wait for the DVD.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Bad News for MI3. The Shanghai newspaper Xinmin Evening News said that the movie may not be given an import license that would allow it to be screened in China. Although lots of scenes of Shanghai was shown the newspaper indicated that the authorities were upset at the filmakers for "tarnishing the image" of the city by showing scenes of rags and underwear drying on sidestreets and depicting polices as bumbling. What's your thoughts on this?
        A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

interesting! i had heard about scarlett passing on the project but carrie-anne moss? wow.

without wishing to be too critical, i do think tom cruise is a bit of a whacko but my interest in watching the movie wasn't diminished cuz of his crazy statements/antics. i just hoped for an action packed movie and i wasn't disappointed. like i said, it's not a great movie but it was certainly worth the price of the ticket imho.
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
            ... the newspaper indicated that the authorities were upset at the filmakers for "tarnishing the image" of the city by showing scenes of rags and underwear drying on sidestreets and depicting polices as bumbling. What's your thoughts on this?
            What, they filmed in Honolulu?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
              interesting! without wishing to be too critical, i do think tom cruise is a bit of a whacko but my interest in watching the movie wasn't diminished cuz of his crazy statements/antics.
              Same here. Funny how some people just hate the guy now because he acted a little nuts (haven't we all) and sure, he's a pompous ass. Those same people are holding Russell Crowe up as a paragon of what an actor should be. At least Tom Cruise never physically assaulted a poor bellhop, fer Chrissakes. And don't get me wrong -- I think Russell Crowe is just astounding on screen. He should have won Best Actor for "A Beautiful Mind." He was robbed. But he has physically assaulted several people (or at least two), and people adore him because ... I guess because he's not a Scientologist. Yet. Ah, but now I ramble.

My point - and I do have one - is that I don't care how actors behave off screen/stage. If I did, I'd never see a Tom Cruise movie, not because of his interesting public behavior, but because he knocked up some woman he wasn't married to, which is an inherently destructive, stupid act, I don't care who does it. I'd never see a James Cameron movie because he's just a No. 1 a-hole. I'd boycott Woody Allen movies because ... do I really have to explain this one?

Many great artists are eccentric, hot-tempered, flighty, flaky and annoying. That is what happens when intelligence, creativity and passion encounter the boring trivialities of the real world.

Comment

Re: Mission: Impossible III (Mi3)

I don't remember why I didn't go to this movie when it was playing in the theaters or didn't buy the DVD when it came out but it aired today on TNT so I figured I should watch it today.

Did like the action sequences in the movie which wasn't a hallmark of the TV series but I was kind of wondering why the agent who was captured by the bad guy at the beginning of the movie was working alone?

Comment

Working...
                X