The Transformers Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Transformers Movie

You remember the cartoon that came on channel 13 Fox Kids Network sometime in the mid 80's about cars and tanks and radios and tech gadgets that can transform into robots and battle it out for the good of human and robot kind? They made a cartoon movie on it already which flopped in the theatres in the late 80's but for the while it has been talked about that transformers was going to be made into a live action movie. I check the net and found this trailer, it doesn't really show much but it's being produced by Steven speilberg so it should be good. There's even rumors circulating on the net that Microsoft allegedly paid the producer to have an X Box 360 character transform into a robot and also Apple has paid handsomely for their Ipod. It's just rumors going around the net. This movie is being directed by Micheal Bay who directed Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys I and II, and The Island. Check it out
    Last edited by Pedro; July 1, 2006, 10:51 AM.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: Transformers teaser trailer

Seen the preview yesterday. Looks interesting. Looking at the entry at IMDb a good number of actors are in this movie. Trouble is have to wait another year for it come out.

Comment

If you would like to know more about the movie and catch up on some old memories of the past than here is some more info just if you're curious
      A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

I hope it feels like the old Transformers cartoon show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y

This is a funny parody of the 80's show

Anymore news about this new movie?

Is it true they turned Optimus into a DODGE? Oh the humanity!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbITJeS3gl0

still da bess

Comment

An updated trailer for the "Transformers" movie, due next summer.

Comment

I really dug the 80's movie as a kid. Unicron was excellent. The trailer is live action and not cartoon. I wonder if the movie will have the same feel as the 1st one. I hope they include a good plot and a verbal script. Star Wars 1 and 2 had good effects but a poor script, 3 was much better. I'll have to wait and see about this one.

Will Starscream be in this one?

Comment

Re: Transformers Movie

I get the impression that this upcoming movie is more like re-telling the story of the Autobots and Decepticons getting to Earth. More or less like the TV series in the 1980's.

Comment

OMG

I never been so excited about a movie since I was a kid.

My sister and I used to rush home from school to watch Transformers. Yes, we were in High School at the time.

Then Transformers: The Movie came out. I was in heaven. The movie also introduced me to the work of Vince Di Cola. He did the music sountrack to the movie, along with special guest musicians. Awesome work.

ANd of course, I have copies of the movie on VHS and DVD, and a few copies of the sountrack CD in my collection.

I really can't wait for this movie to come out.

DD
                  www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

I loved that movie. And the soundtrack. When Optimus Prime... man, I get teary eyed just thinking about it. The wife came across the "You've Got The Touch" anthem in my collection a while back. I think her exact words were, "You can't be serious."

The thing about this new movie is that there's a lot of... well, humans in it. Sure there were humans in the cartoon, but that wasn't why we watched.

As for Starscream... I think I saw a fighter jet in that preview...

Comment

I just hope they use the same voice actors.

I think Chris Latta was the voice for Starscream. And in the trailer, I recognized Bumblebee, so I'm wondering if the kid is Spike. I forget who did the voices for Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Cripes, 20 years ago, I could have given you the shoe sizes of everyone.

DD

Comment

Got this entry from Wikipedia about the Transformers movie. Their might be spoilers to it so please be aware of it before going to it.

Some of the actors who did the voices have long been passed away like Scatman Crothers.

One thing I have noticed from the first preview about Earth sending a probe to Mars in 2003 and it's lost due to encountering a transformer robot. In the second preview that is shown now there is no mention about the Mars probe incident.

Comment

Moe Hollers Helen

That link answered a lot of questions for me.

It's nice to see Stan Bush is working on the soundtrack, but I'd really love to see Vince Di Cola's name come up.......

DD

Comment

A couple of promo pictures from the movie surfaced at ComingSoon.net, curiously lacking any Transformers. The top photo looks like it'll be an official movie poster.

If you can't wait for the movie, you can make your own Optimus Prime. And then there's the Optimus Prime iPod dock...

Comment

I've seen the trailers and I am dieing to see it already!!

Comment

Working...
                              X