Dakota, 12, to star in 'disturbing paedophile film'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota, 12, to star in 'disturbing paedophile film'

Child actress Dakota Fanning will appear in a controversial new movie featuring paedophile scenes.

War of the Worlds star Dakota, 12, has signed up to appear in Hounddog.
    read more if you dare

And the article title was like that, its supposed to be spelt "pedophile"

I can't even post how horrid this sounds.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Dakota, 12, to star in 'disturbing paedophile film'

That's just the British spelling.

The quote at the end from her agent makes the wtfwtfwtf lights flash wildly in my head.

I can't imagine what goes through this little girl's head during the scenes where she's attacked. ftlog, she's 12.

Comment

Wow. Wow, again.

The 'mom' in me is freaking out. The film industry side of me understands that scenes can be blocked, shot and edited in such a way as to not expose a child to potential trauma during filming. CGI can play an important role in scenes like this. Still, the end product is the end product and I hope it doesn't backfire on Dakota and cut short a very promising, lengthy, Jody Foster-esque career.

The focus seems to be on Dakota's participation in this movie: "...as a possible Oscar vehicle for the pint-size star". RED FLAG...WRONG FOCUS. No one should be focused on an Oscar for a 12 year old. Cindy Osbrinck is a reputable agent so I don't want to attempt to second guess her decisions. The majority of parents of minor actors are stage parents altho' I don't know if it's true of the Fannings. I can only hope that either the agent or production employed a technical advisor, in the form of a child psychologist, on this project. Even with great care and the use of CGI, the potential, long term, psychological ramifications of a part like this are unnerving. An Oscar will never be an antedote for long term, emotional distress. Dakota's acting chops are up to a role like this one...but...just because she CAN do it doesn't mean she SHOULD do it.

Allowing Dakota, or any other accomplished 12 year old actor, to participate in a movie like this one is a HUGE risk. Not only could it backfire at the box office but it can backfire emotionally. Investors backing out speaks volumes.

Triple Wow.

Comment

The fact that "Oscar" is even mentioned in the article makes me feel dirty and irritated.
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Sick!!!!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
            And the article title was like that, its supposed to be spelt "pedophile"
            In an article from the U.K.? Are you kidding?

I supposed if the article had "colour" in it, that would really freak you out.

I don't mean to be snarky (ha!!), but what is wrong with Hawaii schools that a college graduate doesn't know that the Brits, Aussies, Kiwis and others spell some words differently?

MaedAzza

Comment

Just another instance of the lack of distinction between right and wrong.

Bricks in the moral foundation of America are crumbling under the constant pressure of shockism in modern Hollywood. Watch some critic pass it off as a "family film".
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                In an article from the U.K.? Are you kidding?

I supposed if the article had "colour" in it, that would really freak you out.
                I didn't realize the article was from an outside source. I was reading comments from another forum, and I thought when I posted it here, I'd put the proper spelling (as was pointed out at that other forum.)
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I was organizing my bookshelf when it dawned on me that movie of Bastard Out of Carolina has a rape scene in it at the end, (as well as other inappropriate scenes -if you've read the book, you know what I'm talkin about), with Jena Malone, who I think was 10ish? I remember watching it on Lifetime and even though I knew it was going to happen, I was surprised they showed it.

Jena didn't win any Oscars for it and she's still around.

The quotes in the story definitely give off a bad vibe, regardless if it's been done before.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                    I didn't realize the article was from an outside source. I was reading comments from another forum, and I thought when I posted it here, I'd put the proper spelling (as was pointed out at that other forum.)
                    It's not "the proper spelling." I clicked on the link and immediately saw that it was UK publication. But I really wasn't trying to pick on you personally. You're a nice kid and all that, I'm sure. My point was, U.S. spelling isn't any more "proper" than UK spelling, and I think you should know that, if you're at least 12 years old.

So! You're not perfect, eh? Well, me neither! Ha!

Comment

Working...
                    X