Asian Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian Movies

Damn I Love Asian..movies...they're Just So Entertaining To Watch.. Well I Dont Just Mean...kung Fu And Fightin And Stuff...i Mean Like The Sad Ones And The Romantic Ones...wow They Have Really Interesting Plots In Those Stories...who Else Agrees With Me On Asian Movies Or Is It Just Me....:d

Re: Asian Movies

I'm a fan of Japanese horror films especially.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

i know i dont use capitilazation often (i'm too lazy, though i know better) but Capitalizing only Some or All Words Irritates Me more Then ALL CAPS or EvErY OtHeR LetTeR.
      Wait, eVeRy 0tHeR LetTer Is WorSe.
      Is this a new style, or do you not know that capitalization is only on the first letter of the sentence and on people and places?

Snippiness aside, I love asian movies too, action, romance, drama. So far they've remade alot of asian movies. Ring, Grudge, Infernal Affairs (The Departed). Soon The Host and many more will be remade for Amercian audiences.
      You're talking romantic movies like My Sassy Girl, Densha Otoko, Fly Me to Polaris, etc?
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
        i know i dont use capitilazation often (i'm too lazy, though i know better) but Capitalizing only Some or All Words Irritates Me more Then ALL CAPS or EvErY OtHeR LetTeR.
        heheheh....

I remember wen I started out. I didn't know nuttin about Internet Etiquette. It took time to learn the ropes and I still make mistakes as well as make my own rules! Wat I can't stand is when someone uses ALL CAPS AND ALL BOLD!

Back to the topic ~ I love Asian Movies. Especially, Yobo Movies!! My tears are non-stop. The Korean Men are HANDSOME!!! But the Pilipino Men are more good looking but no can ack.

I could care less about dee wahines.hahahaha

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

<3 Japanese Samurai movies

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
            Anyone seen "the Host"? It's a recent Korean horror flick and it's pretty good. How about Oldboy? One of the best openings I've seen in a while.

Comment

I just saw Twilight Samurai, a 2002 film. Definetely see it

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                +1

Audition, A Tale of Two Sisters, and The Eyes...3 of my ALL TIME favorites.
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

Definately asian themed I looooooooooooooooved this movie which became TORTILLA SOUP the americanized version

Comment

I saw the Host, it was alright. I think theyre going to remake it.
                    Oldboy and the other movies that Park has done are pretty fricken weird.
                    IMDB says the american version of oldboy might be shelved. If you liked Oldboy check out his other movies, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance.
                    I'd also recommend Save the Green Planet if you want something weird. Its like Oldboy, but I'd describe movie as Kpax meet se7en
                    I recently obtained a copy of Jackie Chans new movie Rob B Hood which I thoguht was great.

Other new action movies to look out for:
                    DOA
                    Dragon Tiger Gate
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I saw The Host, too, and and really liked it. The movie was juggling a lot of things--horror, comedy, a dysfunctional family, an environmental message, a political commentary--and for the most part, pulled it off.

But I also agree with Hellbent, I think Hollywood is going to do a re-make. I think that there is much more creativity in the Asian movie industry than Hollywood, which is why there is so many re-makes of Asian films. Examples: The Ring (1 and 2), The Grudge, Shall We Dance, Dark Waters, Pulse, and this year's Academy Award winner, The Departed, are all based on Asian movies. One director (I think it was the one hired to do one of the "Grudge" movies) said that he thinks Hollywood has lost its creativity and looks to Asia (and elsewhere) for ideas. I think he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                        juggling a lot of things--horror, comedy, a dysfunctional family, an environmental message, a political commentary
                        ...You just described my in-laws.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                          ...You just described my in-laws.
                          LOL That's funny.

Reading some of your posts, I know you're a chef and will be moving here in the near future. One of the scenes early on in the movie involved dried squid, which is popular in Korea (and Japan and Hawaii as well [I don't now about Bermuda]). But in the movie, a customer was sold a dried squid with nine tentacles (there should be ten). It turns out the lazy son (who would turn out to be the hero in the movie) had eaten one of the tentacles before he sold it. So his father forced him to go back to the customer and apoligize and make amends. Before he could do it, though, the monster attacked. And all hell broke loose. That gives you an idea of what the movie was all about. You should search it out. You might enoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                            I saw The Host, too, and and really liked it. The movie was juggling a lot of things--horror, comedy, a dysfunctional family, an environmental message, a political commentary--and for the most part, pulled it off.

But I also agree with Hellbent, I think Hollywood is going to do a re-make. I think that there is much more creativity in the Asian movie industry than Hollywood, which is why there is so many re-makes of Asian films. Examples: The Ring (1 and 2), The Grudge, Shall We Dance, Dark Waters, Pulse, and this year's Academy Award winner, The Departed, are all based on Asian movies. One director (I think it was the one hired to do one of the "Grudge" movies) said that he thinks Hollywood has lost its creativity and looks to Asia (and elsewhere) for ideas. I think he's right.
                            But more often than not, you never hear Hollywood give much credit where credit's due. Didn't they even announce it wrong when The Departed won an award? Something like, "based on a Japanese film", etc etc?

Comment

I enjoyed "Memoirs of a Geisha" for the cinematography and story, but was a little dismayed that the actors who played the main female characters were all Chinese.

I love the Jackie Chan movies. I think they're a hoot. They're sooo campy!

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X