"Grindhouse" by Tarantino and Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grindhouse" by Tarantino and Rodriguez

It's a movie my wife and I are irrationally eager to see. A totally indulgent, over-the-top filmmaking effort by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, "Grindhouse" is coming April 6.

"The sleaze-filled saga of an exploitation double feature," IMDB says. "Two full length feature horror movies written by Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez put together as a two film features. Including fake movie trailers in between both movies."

Here's a write-up of a Comic Con panel last summer with the filmmakers and the preview page from Rotten Tomatoes. For a lot of people, this will be the last movie they'll ever want to see. But for a lot of others, it's may be the highpoint of the year.

Re: "Grindhouse" by Tarantino and Rodriguez

I mentioned it in the 300 movie thread, to which no one replied yet. I am eager to see it, but then again I like some weird movies. Hopefully its a good kind of campiness.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I too am looking forward to the new movie - seems like it's taken forever to get made. Thanks for giving the release date. I recently did a movie marathon for myself of the 3 "Mexico" movies and just put another one of theirs on my Netflix list - "From Dusk to Dawn".
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

theres apparently several sequels to dusk til dawn. i havent seen any of them.
        i liked dusk til dawn, but wished they started the movie more towards the middle or end - going into that huge temple
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

The IMDb entry for this movie doesn't list it's run time so one doesn't know if this movie will run 2 hours or 4 hours (since it tries to be a double feature) or something in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            theres apparently several sequels to dusk til dawn. i havent seen any of them.
            i liked dusk til dawn, but wished they started the movie more towards the middle or end - going into that huge temple
            do you know the names of the sequels? I love the movies these 2 guys make!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              do you know the names of the sequels? I love the movies these 2 guys make!
              I cant beleive IMDB only have FDtD 2.9/10... Heres the links:
              From Dusk til Dawn 2
              From Dusk til Dawn 3
              neither are directed by Rodriguez

If I remember the trailer, they said 2.5 hours for Grindhouse.
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Any movie with my two favorite actors Bruce Willis and Kurt Russell can't be all that bad. Here's the Trailer

The runtime according to the trailer is 2 1/2 hours. I can't wait for the "return of the killer B's". I hope this becomes a series of films.
                Last edited by alohabear; March 14, 2007, 06:16 AM.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Saw Grindhouse this afternoon at Ward Theater. Movie runs around 3-1/2 hours or so. As a suggestion you should not eat anything during the movie since the first segment (named Planet Terror) is kind of gross with body parts being torn apart, eaten or simply dropped.

The movie is mindless fun, it got slow during the second segment (named Death Proof) but it got redeemed later on.

Naveen Andrews (Sayid from Lost) has a role in the first segment.

The movie previews between segments hinted towards horror movies but the audience was laughing.

Comment

My wife and I saw it this past weekend. It was fantastic. Even expecting something a little over the top, they topped it. Well, Rodriguez did, to be sure. Tarantino's half of the double feature was classic Tarantino. Very talky, but very awesome in the end.

I was thoroughly amused by the fact that Consolidated felt compelled to post warning signs:

They also sent two smirking young employees to give the same warning in person before the movie began. I gotta admit, the film artifacts they introduced digitally were almost entirely convincing. Scratches, skips, dragging frames, and of course, completely missing reels.

And the "intermission" was great.

Comment

I am totally stoked to see this in our bRand new theater here in town. (Oregon) I hope I can get a sitter, maybe when we are having open house we will go see it!! Woohoo! I love these movies.
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Did you leave the theater with the typical WTF daze you get from watching a RR and QT movie?
                        808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                        kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                        http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          I was thoroughly amused by the fact that Consolidated felt compelled to post warning signs:

They also sent two smirking young employees to give the same warning in person before the movie began. I gotta admit, the film artifacts they introduced digitally were almost entirely convincing. Scratches, skips, dragging frames, and of course, completely missing reels.
                          I think the warnings is there to prevent people unfamiler with the movie to complain to the management that the movie has these scratches, skips and missing reels and then demand a refund for watching a movie that is simulating a poor presentation.
                          Last edited by helen; April 9, 2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Helen.

Say, the wife read an interesting review of "Grindhouse" today, specifically "Death Proof," the Tarantino flick. "Death Proof" is a movie in two acts, and the reviewer noted that it seemed like the two pieces were shown in reverse chronological order. Now that I think about it, it makes sense.

At least as much sense as a timeline-jumbling Tarantino film can make, at least.

Comment

If you mean that the events in "Death Proof" take place before "Planet Terror" then yeah I agree with you there.

Are you saying that in "Death Proof" that the second group of girls that Stuntman Mike targeted actually happened before the first group of girls?

Comment

Working...
                              X