Spider-Man 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man 3

Just found out that Spider-Man 3 will have midnight showings on 7 locations on Oahu.

I do plan on seeing this movie this weekend but I doubt it I can do the midnight showing. In any event we can discuss the movie itself on this thread.

Re: Spider-Man 3

I would totally go to a midnight showing, even though I work at 730am the next day. Unfortunately my wife isnt up for those kind of crazy antics.
    I did buy concierge tickets for Saturday however. Reserved seating makes the parking worth it!
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I'll be at a special EARLY screening at 7:30 this evening! Woo hoo! Who's the man? I'm the man.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        I'll be at a special EARLY screening at 7:30 this evening! Woo hoo! Who's the man? I'm the man.
        ....Grrrrr.........

Nah, have FuN!

Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Some quick non-spoiler thoughts on Spiderman 3.

I really like Sam Raimi. The Spiderman flicks have each sorta centered on a certain theme, and the movies are constructed in a manner that gives you all the hang-on-tight moments and still makes everything develop and support the theme. A friend of mine said that Tobey McGuire has said that without Raimi, he's not doing Spidey 4. I can totally see why.

They cover a lot of ground in this film. There are three formidable villains!

Bryce Dallas Howard: Took me a while to get used to her as a blonde, but she did win me over.

Kirsten Dunst: Still a good MJ.

The opening credits sequence is really, really cool!

Spidey 3 is at least as good as Spidey 2. Not quite as good as Spidey 1, which I really, really liked. Note that I am not a comic-books reader but I do like the medium and would probably get into them if I had room for them in my life.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scriv, who's the chick on your avatar ? I think I'm falling in love.

SM3, definitely will go see it this weekend.

DD
            www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

do I have to have seen #1 and #2 to "get" this film? I just never saw any of the Spiderman movies...I dont' know why, it just seems to me that I'd like them. I think. But I guess they were never high on priority, but now I'm eager to go provided I don't miss much not having seen the prev. 2.
              n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                Scriv, who's the chick on your avatar ? I think I'm falling in love.

SM3, definitely will go see it this weekend.

DD
                Looks like Aishwarya Rai
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                  Looks like Aishwarya Rai

It is, and she's a goddess. One of my top 5 most beautiful women. Gorgeous.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Took the day off from work and went to see Spiderman 3 this morning at Regal Cinema Dole Cannery. Not too many people there for the 9:30 a.m. showing which is good since I seemed to have the whole place to myself... big screen, THX surround sound, great film, the works.

I would say this flick is as good as the 2nd, though not as impactful as the first (usually most sequels do not equal the original)... still a very enjoyable film with "3" villians and a message of redemption and forgiveness.

Features a great classic rock n roll song from Chubby Checker.

Hope everyone who plans on seeing this in the coming days enjoys the movie. I'm not a big comic book fan, but this movie is good comic book cinematic escapism.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

$59 million opening day, we have the first blockbuster of the summer.
                      "Spider-Man 3" took in a record $59 million domestically on opening day Friday, breaking the previous all-time high of $55.8 million for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" in its first day last summer.

Sony Pictures, the studio behind the "Spider-Man" franchise, also reported Saturday that the movie took in an additional $45 million overseas on Friday for a worldwide total of $104 million, a record for single-day grosses globally.
                      Source
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Saw it this afternoon at Ward Theaters (which is showing this movie on 5 of it's screens) and it was crowded.

The super-hero actions scenes with the crane at the beginning of the movie and the ending battle was great.

The middle of the film with Peter, MJ and Harry interacting was kind of slow and goofy but I suppose that was needed to build up for the ending.

The opening credits sequence is really, really cool!
                        While the opening credits sequence did look good, there was a minor flaw that the actors that only appeared in this movie didn't have their faces shown when their names appeared on the screen.

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                        do I have to have seen #1 and #2 to "get" this film?
                        Good question. If you a reader of the Spider-Man comics then more than likey I don't think you need to see #1 and #2 before seeing this movie. During the starting credits there are photos from the first and second movie plus there are some flashback scenes during the run of the movie.

Note that I am not a comic-books reader but I do like the medium and would probably get into them if I had room for them in my life.
                        Originally posted by mel View Post
                        Hope everyone who plans on seeing this in the coming days enjoys the movie. I'm not a big comic book fan, but this movie is good comic book cinematic escapism.
                        I am beginning to suspect that if you never read the Spider-Man comics then you might be better off when watching the movie series. Since there are couple of things that are way different from the comic and the movie. One deals with the supporting charaters Eddie Brock and Gwen Stacy and the other is power of Spider-Man.
                        In the movie Eddie Brock and Gwen Stacy are a couple (at least according to Eddie), however in the comic version there are not a couple since Eddie appears way after Gwen dies at the hands of the Green Goblin (Harry's dad who was killed in the first movie).

I was kind of wondering when the thing from the meteorite attached to Peter's moped license plate his spider-sense didn't kick in warning him of the danger. Then again I don't remember it being a power in the first two movies.
                        Last edited by helen; May 5, 2007, 08:44 PM.

Comment

There is a minor continuity flaw between the original Spiderman and the Spiderman 3 movies.

In the sequence where Uncle Ben Parker is killed.... Ben is driving an Oldsmobile in the first movie but in the second, in which the scene was re-shot, the car I believe is a 1966 Chevy Caprice or Impala. The shooting of Uncle Ben was never shown in the first movie.

I've never read the comic books, though at time a Spiderman strip used to appear in one of our dailies. Also I remember watching a Spiderman cartoon on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I was at the 340 show at ward today, it was packed, but we got concierge seats. For the most part, I enjoyed the movie, I could done with less
                            shooter mcgavins, emo spiderman, and less dancing. the part with spidey in front of the american flag was a bit too over the top for raimi, and thought the ending was too weepy/slow. I prefer a big explosive ending.
                            also, how did venom know about sandmans daughters illness, parker didnt, so it coudlnt be some symbiote/shared knowledge thing...
                            also, they killed off eddie brock, this mean no more venom with eddie brock (tho some is left with dr conner)
                            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Just saw it too...

LOVED the action, still think part 2 was the best of the 3. I agree, the middle part just d-r-a-g-g-e-d IMHO, but the finale was really cool.
                              Loved seeing Venom on screen...in action...

My only gripe:
                              when will Hollywood learn, you don't kill comicbook villains! Only because that leaves the crumber ones left to use.. heh heh

Comment

Working...
                              X