X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrek the Third

Shrek the Third opens today.

Re: Shrek the Third

Took the family to see it yesterday. It wasn't as sharp and fresh as the first (and how could it be?) and didn't quite have the heart of "Shrek 2" (which is, I think, my favorite in the franchise), but it was still quite enjoyable. As usual, it excelled as a comedy for adults as well as for kids (for better or worse).

I'm glad I didn't know until the end that one of the voices was Justin Timberlake. I think that would've clouded things for me a bit. Did enjoy Eric Idle's appearance, and the sadly brief presence of John Cleese's vocal talents.

I was tickled to hear that two classical music pieces made the soundtrack (in addition to the countless contemporary pop pieces that they inevitably pack in): Dies Irae from Verdi's "Requiem," and Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens... notably both pieces that I lobbied to get onto the countdown at Radio Free Hawaii once upon a time!

Comment

The Shrek franchise has run it's course with this latest movie. It's time for Dreamworks to put the Orge to bed and forget this land of Far Far Away.

Thumbs Down
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Saw it this afternoon at Ward with a friend. The movie was okay in it's role of parodying the fairy tale stories. This movie did answer how the Gingerbread man got fixed up after the first movie.

Comment

Ended up at Windward Mall to watch it yesterday. It was way more "tame" than some critics lead us to believe. I thought it was enjoyable, but was clouded over by several solo moms who had ill mannered and unsupervised 3/4 yr. olds running up and down the wooden walkways, screaming and thumping. Sound track was pretty kewl and Mel really enjoyed the take on her favorite Disney princesses.

Btw, WM's new theaters aren't the greatest. The wooden walkways makes for really noisy walking during the movie and you can hear the other movies through the walls. All made for some really distracting moments.

Comment

Caught Shrek 3 late yesterday afternoon at Regal Dole Cannery. Not a bad movie but not as good as 1 or 2. I liked the music in the movie and that will probably prompt me to buy the CD. I checked iTunes and they don't have the Shrek 3 album there. I wonder why? Could it be that the Fiona character is endorsing HP computers outside the "Far, Far Away" movie universe???
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I saw Shrek the Third last week with my girlfriend. I concur I think the franchise has run its course. It was not nearly as funny as the second one that I saw.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
              X