Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloverfield

Originally posted by zff View Post
    Oh yeah, and that trailer just before the movie was intriguing. The one shot on home video cameras at some guy's surprise party. It ends with an unseen monster in the city throwing huge fireballs around. That one looks like it has some potential.
    The two things that made this preview intriguing:

1) The background sounded more or less like Godzilla.
    2) At the end of the preview you get a release date but no title for this movie. Of course you get a release date of January 18, 2008 and J.J. Abrams is involved in it in some way.

Re: The untitled movie made by J.J. Abrams that opens on 1/18/2008

The fact that it's so similar to the Godzilla trailer concerns me. Godzilla had a GREAT trailer, but it SUCKED. This new movie appears to be yet another monster movie with a great trailer. I hope this one meets expectations.

Comment

I wonder if the monster is the same one from the one in Lost? Or better yet a parent monster looking for it's kid monster (the kid being the one on the island) and it's pissed because it can't find it's kid?

*sigh* 6 more months.

Comment

Please change your thread title to 'Cloverfield'
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Looks like 'Cloverfield' remains the working, perhaps code, title. I love how even IMDB has 'Untitled J.J. Abrams Project' as its name. Jan. 18, 2008, though? That seems relatively near, for a major film project. At least for one without a name. The closest thing to an official website is 1-18-08.com. Word is marketing will have a strong 'viral' online component, which the blogosphere has been tracking.

I agree that the trailers for 'Godzilla' were better than the movie, though. Frankly, the opening credits were the best part. But, I'm a fan of J.J. Abrams, so I'm certainly curious what comes out of this.
          Last edited by pzarquon; July 5, 2007, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Ive read speculation that its Godzilla or Voltron.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              I love how even IMDB has 'Untitled J.J. Abrams Project' as its name.
              IMDb does that from time to time when dealing with new projects without a name, but this is the first time I can think that an unnamed project actually aired a preview.

Jan. 18, 2008, though? That seems relatively near, for a major film project. At least for one without a name.
              Maybe it's has a small budget for a movie but it might be around the size of a few TV episodes. It might be of the type of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow kind of movie, mostly actors around a green screen. Add in some little known or unknown actors and you save some bucks on the budget.

Maybe Greg Grunberg will be in this movie, hopefully not as a person who demostrates how the monster actually works.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                Ive read speculation that its Godzilla or Voltron.
                Voltron would be interesting, but I'd expect more news would've leaked out given the fan base and licensing requirements. (Voltron is still trademarked, isn't it?) I'd agree that Godzilla still needs a worthy contemporary retelling, but I don't know if Abrams will be able to give us that. At least, not without some too-clever twist.

Comment

Re: 'Cloverfield' - The Untitled J.J. Abrams Project

It might be a Godzilla vs some monster flick considering the US Godzilla version doesn't generate fireballs. Or the fireballs in the preview might have been generated by weapons that missed the monster and hit something like gas stations or gas trucks or whatever is around that can blow up.

Comment

Re: Transformers Movie

Originally posted by zff View Post
                    Oh yeah, and that trailer just before the movie was intriguing. The one shot on home video cameras at some guy's surprise party. It ends with an unseen monster in the city throwing huge fireballs around. That one looks like it has some potential.
                    Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                    BTW, the unamed jjabrams trailer is 'cloverfield'
                    Cloverfield ? I thought it was a trailer for War of the Worlds 2. I looked up Cloverfield and couldn't find much....except Abrams is working on a new Star Trek movie. I'll keep an eye out for both of these....

How did you like the preview for Balls of Fury ? LOL Talk about Buzz's stupid movies that make you laugh. Christopher Walken is a comedic genius LOL

DD
                    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Maybe it's the start of Lost season 4? Or a side story of something that happened when the hatch exploded at the end of Season 2?

Comment

The Apple Trailers site has a preview to this movie and they are listing it as 1-18-08.

Comment

I too was intrigued by that Transformer's trailer. The funniest part was when someone in our audience yelled out after it ended and was silent... "THAT'S GONNA' BE SO AWESOME!". Everyone in the theater cracked up after he said that.

Maybe it will be Ultraman! Nah, but no "space rays" visible, so likely not.

Or.. it could be the trailer to Transformers 2.
                          Last edited by Pomai; July 9, 2007, 06:25 PM.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Nice

My post above seems so out of place, doesn't it ? It used to be on the Transformers thread, when there was a discussion about trailers that were seen during the movie. I guess Megatron thought I was threadjacking the post about his movie.

Anyway, the Cloverfield movie is going to be about Ghidera (sp?) the three-headed flying dragon. I read it somewhere. Ok, I wrote it down and read it, but mark my words.........Ghidera hits the planet in 2008.

hehehehe hahahahaha

Transformers Rocks.......wait, I'm not on that thread....J.J. Abrams Rocks !!!

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

I haven't seen Transformers yet because I'm broke, but lucky for me they had the "Cloverfield" trailer over on YouTube. Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m9aYjsW32Ok

Comment

Working...
                              X