• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random
    replied
    Re: Star Trek

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    harharhar. *snort* yes, my dear fellow trekker, let's not hijack this thread/allow it to devolve by delving into the monstrosity that was ST: Enterprise.
    I'm just going to try and keep an open mind with Abrams' retelling of the original iconic Trek.

It's like having to read Jack Kirby's version of the X-Men and then Chris Claremont's version. (Don't ask me who took over, haven't read a comic book since Y2K hoopla).

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Oh. For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Brannon Braga ... or Rick Berman.

harharhar. *snort* yes, my dear fellow trekker, let's not hijack this thread/allow it to devolve by delving into the monstrosity that was ST: Enterprise.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    ...my opinion that he's a scherazade with the talent to weave ever complicated tales that pull you in...but unlike the truly great story tellers, he lacks a matching ability to end such stories meaningfully.
    Oh. For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Brannon Braga ... or Rick Berman.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Just an update to the movie Star Trek. It opens on May 8, 2009, which is 2 months from now (2 months, 7 days or 68 days). The Apple Movie Trailer web site has so far 3 different trailers for this movie.

blegh. i'm not at all motivated to see another story that builds needlessly on the heroic legacy of james tiberius kirk. i will say it again--they should have moved forward with new stories for the DS9 and VGR crew. the trailers are pretty hot and all, but meeeeeeeeeeeeeh. the fact that abrams is taking on the beginning of a story we all know the ending of just cements my opinion that he's a scherazade with the talent to weave ever complicated tales that pull you in...but unlike the truly great story tellers, he lacks a matching ability to end such stories meaningfully.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Just an update to the movie Star Trek. It opens on May 8, 2009, which is 2 months from now (2 months, 7 days or 68 days). The Apple Movie Trailer web site has so far 3 different trailers for this movie.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

J.J. Abrams only produced Cloverfield, he did not direct it.

Anyway my comment about the trailer was actually about the first 40 seconds were it is showing a car chase, something that was never shown during the original Star Trek's TV series run.

Leave a comment:

• DannyWilliams
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    The trailer is also available at the Apple Movie site. I have to admit that when I first viewed the trailer I was thinking "did I click on the right movie"?

Maybe the director is giving a hip edge look how the essential characters became who they are in their adult years.
    Do have to say that Zachary Quinto who is known as NBC's Heroes "Sylar" looks dead on as a younger version of Nimoy's .
    I myself was not much TV Trekkie but did watch ST The Movie, Khan, definately the one where they were in SF & a few others that came after but not the whole series. J.J. Abrahams (sp?) has done a fair share of good movie/sequels though Cloverfield, ugh Don't get me started.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

The trailer is also available at the Apple Movie site. I have to admit that when I first viewed the trailer I was thinking "did I click on the right movie"?

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied
    Re: New Star Trek movie!

I should have asked my friend which theater he was watching Quantum of Solace since today's showing at Ward did not show the Star Trek trailer.

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

Ooooh I'm so upset today. A lot was going on and the kane and I totally forgot we we had tickets to go to the Air Force Film Festival - Star Trek VI event last night! Michael Dorn was the special guest. I love Michael!!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sad. ugh!

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

New Star Trek movie TRAILER!

It looks more like Michael Bay directed it, IMO

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

A friend of mines who I launch rockets with said that one of the previews to Quantum of Solace is Star Trek. I didn't ask for more details since I am planning on watching Quantum of Solace tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

They are delaying this movie to May 2009.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

The Star Trek trailer is now available from the Apple Movie trailer site.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

re marc dacascos, iron chef america's chairman--

*mimicing eric's accent* hi's peeleepeeno prum hawaii! and japanese, among other ethnicities. (psst! hui! eric! if we got together & spawned a boy, it might look like marc dacascos!) marc's also my very good friend's cousin.

IIRC, he also took on the role of the crow after brandon lee died.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X