• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alohabear
    replied
    Re: new star trek movie!

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    More casting info including the young Kirk and the ultra-yummy Karl Urban as the good doctor.
    Chris Pine to play Captain Kirk
    I loved Karl Urban as Eomer in the Lord of the Rings, he should be good in that role

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied
    Re: New Star Trek movie!

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Chuck it up to bad story writings from Brannon Braga and Rick Berman.
    we agree with that one. dunno how they could have gone so bad considering they've been a team from DS9, if i recall correctly.

for all his complaining about grappling hooks, eric still insists on dvr-ing the show. i call it his hopeless optimism.

They should have let Manny Coto run the show, which he did for the fourth and final season (series finale episode not counted, due to bad writing from Braga and Berman again).
    also agree with this.

Sorry, not a fan of the "Seven of Nine Show." Glad that Jeri Ryan ditched her then-boyfriend Braga.
    hmm. had not known about that, but then again, i stopped checking out the trek rags with any consistency after DS9's finale. i'd only known about chase masterson and rene echevarria dating and alexander siddig and nana visitor being husband and wife (tho they've now divorced amicably, i understand). what i did know about jeri is that she's a national merit scholar.

side note about leeta: carafano v. metrosplash was a case i had to study in school re internet law and communications decency act.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
    I say all prequels should be assimilated (by Rep. Jon Riki Karamatsu's car)!
    It's bad enough watching Capt. Archer's Enterprise poking along at warp 5 and reeling in space collectibles with their grappling hook!
    Chuck it up to bad story writings from Brannon Braga and Rick Berman.

They should have let Manny Coto run the show, which he did for the fourth and final season (series finale episode not counted, due to bad writing from Braga and Berman again).

But a new film without the Borg? Where's that self-destruct mode?
    Sorry, not a fan of the "Seven of Nine Show." Glad that Jeri Ryan ditched her then-boyfriend Braga.

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

One of our first ITs had the *biggest* picture of her on the back of his office door. I swear there was bio-spackle on it; suffice to say that I will not comment further except that I cannot look at her without thinking about a very odd little soul whose path once crossed mine.

{{{willies}}}

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

It's bad enough watching Capt. Archer's Enterprise poking along at warp 5 and reeling in space collectibles with their grappling hook!
    off topic, but i'll have you all know that eric spent a lot of time finding the most bewbiest seven of nine pic possible for the enjoyment of you female-form-appreciating HT/trekkies/trekkers.

Leave a comment:

• MixedPlateBroker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaveice
    replied

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    More casting info including the young Kirk and the ultra-yummy Karl Urban as the good doctor.
    holy macarel, that guy was so good in smokin aces. hope he can pull of this star trek movie. (btw, in an old roast of william shatner, i forget who but someone said something like, "dammit man! you were supposed to explore the galaxy, not FILL it!" referring to Shatner's current weight! so funny!)

Leave a comment:

• glossyp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

meh. i'm bummed that it's not a DS9 movie. i think i can do without a trek movie with the VGR cast and i surely can live the rest of my life without seeing a trek movie featuring archer's crew. to tell the truth, i'm not sure i like this trend of looking backward with prequels and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Bob P
    replied

As long as they do the classic fight music in the background!

Da da DA DA DA DA DA dun dun da dah!

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    To be released on December 25, 2008. I don't know if they started filming yet.
    They better do it soon with the BIG strike coming up in Hollywood.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Let's bring back the Gorn.

Leave a comment:

• 808shooter
    replied

So far, he's lined up Zachary Quinto (from HEROES "Sylar") for the young Spock role.

that'll work.

I wonder if the new Kirk is gonna have to take overacting lessons to prepare for the part. I thought Shatner was doing a great job when I was 8. I still do, just a different kind of great.

edit: shot from one of my favorite episodes.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by StephS View Post
    Simon Pegg (from "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz") is slated to be young Scotty.
    I would have preferred Tom McAvoy from the Last King of Scotland and Chronicles of Narnia.

Leave a comment:

• StephS
    replied

Simon Pegg (from "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz") is slated to be young Scotty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X