Journey: New Lead Singer Arnel Pineda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't stop believing!

After hearing the CBS show, I can't wish Arnel and the band enuf success.
    I havn't been as moved by anything in a long time.

Steve Perry should call Neal now and explain that this is why he's held out on them for so long, even if he is just now realizing it.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Journey: New Lead Singer Arnel Pineda

Eldest spawn and I were talking about Journey last week as it was a hugely popular band when my kids were in high school. That was "their" music...not mine! I haven't attended a rock concert since my kids dragged me to Pat Benatar at the Arena during the early 80s! I vowed then..."Never again!" Loved Benatar but the audience was in total chaos!

Fast forward 25 years and I'd probably pull out all the stops to get a Journey ticket should they ever decide to come to Honolulu! Old dog. New tricks. My kids would be so proud!

Rock on, Arnel. You're doin' your momma proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui Tom View Post
        Great feature on Arnel from CBS Sunday Morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjBtfgJ4E6s
        Great interview. Very moving. Thanks for the link!

And with that, as soon as I get to Walmart, I'm so buying the new album. Especailly for the live DVD it includes! I hope it goes multi-platinum, and that Arnel receives the fortunes he so deserves. His mom's spirit is certainly behind him all the way. And if they do tour here in Honolulu, I'm also so there.

Hey, what's your favorite Journey song? Mine has always been Only the Young.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Never been a Journey fan, but have always appreciated Neal's guitar work and he was happening the night I caught them at Andrew's many years back. So I don't have a favorite song by them, but after becoming an Arnel fan, I hope to say I have plenty of fave tunes by them once they get into writing some more.

I remember seeing them open for Iron Butterfly at thier inception, touring for the first album when they were more of a progressive style band, but they didn't seem into it and pretty much stunk. Times have certainly changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            Great interview. Very moving. Thanks for the link!

And with that, as soon as I get to Walmart, I'm so buying the new album. Especailly for the live DVD it includes! I hope it goes multi-platinum, and that Arnel receives the fortunes he so deserves. His mom's spirit is certainly behind him all the way. And if they do tour here in Honolulu, I'm also so there.

Hey, what's your favorite Journey song? Mine has always been Only the Young.
            I was in Vegas and it was...yes...magical...I pray to GOD that Arnel's voice holds up...it's a killer catalogue to sing night in and night out...

Comment

DVD clips.....named on the right...unnamed on the left! Whole songs though!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=9864208

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Viewer beware...have kleenex in hand!

You aint kidding auntie

Towards the end when Arnel's life suddenly hit rock bottom my emotions just went WHOA!

He definately sounds like Steve Perry like but captures the sound and feel of Journey was missing when Perry decided to part ways.

Comment

Amazing! Some friends were telling me about him, but I thought they were joking. Now I know haha
                  www.davidcarvalhowasright.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Bought the CD at Walmart yesterday after I got out of work. Very weird to me to buy a CD and not just download MP3's Big thumbs up! I was going to DL but for around $1 more, I bought the CD's and it came with the DVD so I couldn't go wrong.

Now I'll have 2 famous last names in the family that I can claim are my distant relatives LOL. Mine being Feliciano and my cousin's dad's last name is Pineda!
                    -kp!

Comment

Beautiful story CBS Morning did. Journey sold out what 5 shows in a row in 1983 at the Blaisdell?? About 5 years ago at the time Steve Augeri I think his name was, they sold out 2 or 3 shows as well which shows the staying power and popularity of this group. I bet if they come back to play another sold out show or two.

I liked "Still they Ride", "Feelin' That Way", "Seperate Ways", "I'll Be Alright Without You" ( I think current American Idol judge Randy Jackson was bassist then).

Aj

Comment

I just watched the DVD that comes with the new CD. Pifffffftastic!
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                          I just watched the DVD that comes with the new CD. Pifffffftastic!
                          I must agree. I also bought Revelation.

Comment

first night of tour with Heart and Cheap Trick...Denver.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zS5WsDguhEY

Comment

From the recent reviews and sounds of Revelation, it seems the band are content to tread familiar waters to assure fans that they are still the same band. But if they want to make #1 hits and be as profound as the Perry era was, they need to step it up and write beyond their current boundries. It'd be a shame if they just rehashed the same old safe territory without breaking new ground, as the band did repeatedly with Steve, and I think they can. But, in this day of homoginized cookie cutter packaging and airplay, it won't be easy to break away from the familiar and keep everybody happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                                From the recent reviews and sounds of Revelation, it seems the band are content to tread familiar waters to assure fans that they are still the same band. But if they want to make #1 hits and be as profound as the Perry era was, they need to step it up and write beyond their current boundries. It'd be a shame if they just rehashed the same old safe territory without breaking new ground, as the band did repeatedly with Steve, and I think they can. But, in this day of homoginized cookie cutter packaging and airplay, it won't be easy to break away from the familiar and keep everybody happy.
                                Revelation is getting GREAT reviews and Arnel is really hitting his stride...

How do I get a hold of Tom Moffat?
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EmmoxWTm5I

Comment

Working...
                                X