Earth, Wind & Fire at Waikoloa Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth, Wind & Fire at Waikoloa Bowl

What a great concert. Trip down memory lane. Time warp me back to the seventh grade dance.

Vocal range of Bailey is remarkable. And that bass is jus' funky. Danced and sang along to nearly every song they played. Say what you want.....Disco was fun, and funky rhythm and blues never gets tired.

The new venue called Waikoloa Bowl is great. Lawn style general admission in a grassy bowl, with room for about 7000 or so, and room for a beer gardern, and some vendors in the back. Place was not quite packed, even though it was sold out.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Earth, Wind & Fire at Waikoloa Bowl

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    What a great concert. Trip down memory lane. Time warp me back to the seventh grade dance.

Vocal range of Bailey is remarkable. And that bass is jus' funky. Danced and sang along to nearly every song they played. Say what you want.....Disco was fun, and funky rhythm and blues never gets tired.

The new venue called Waikoloa Bowl is great. Lawn style general admission in a grassy bowl, with room for about 7000 or so, and room for a beer gardern, and some vendors in the back. Place was not quite packed, even though it was sold out.
    I seen them in May at the Blaisdell Arena and Phil Bailey still has it.

Comment

Wow they came back to the islands for another show? They really do love playing here. Maurice White left the band how long ago?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        Wow they came back to the islands for another show? They really do love playing here. Maurice White left the band how long ago?

Aj
        I think Maurice White left due to Parkinson's disease. They only have three original members Phil Bailey, Verdine White and Ralph Johnson.

Comment

Yes I was thinking Maurice left for health reasons awhile back. He was the lead singer on most of their hits.

I saw them at the Blaisdell and they were great!

They played the Crater Festival a couple years ago and Blaisdell about 5 years ago. Can you think of other national acts who come here so often, maybe 311 or Jason Mraz??

Aj

Comment

The Stones like Hawaii. And have not the Police played here a few times also.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Stones canceled their 11/07 concert on Oahu. Before that they came in January 1998. Also played a private show on the Big Island.

Police toured here earlier this spring and came maybe twice before as a group, Sting has came here on solo tours before.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                Stones canceled their 11/07 concert on Oahu. Before that they came in January 1998. Also played a private show on the Big Island.

Police toured here earlier this spring and came maybe twice before as a group, Sting has came here on solo tours before.

Aj
                I went to the Police concert earlier this year and the last time I saw them in here was in 1981.

Comment

Earth, Wind & Fire to play Blaisdell Arena in December | Honolulu Star-Advertiser (staradvertiser.com)

Do you remember?

Comment

Working...
                  X