New Record!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Record!

As an update to the Recording Questions thread from a few few months back, I'm proud to announce that the Doolin Rakes debut record "Irishman in Paradise" is complete and on the street (our initial run is a small one of 300 for a Saint Paddy's Day "pre-release").

Thanks for all of the helpful insight proffered by venerable HTers with prodigious expertise in recording. The advice proved invaluable. I could not be happier with how the record came out.
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Re: New Record!

Fantastic news, Jamie! Glad to hear that you are pleased with the results (and have copies in time for the biggest gig of the year, for an Irish band.)

Comment

Congrats Jamie!!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Too cool, Jamie! Congrats on your new baby. "On the streets" where? The usual suspects? I'd love to feature a track on my podcast, if I could!

Comment

Thanks yall! PZ-Were selling it "outta the back of the truck" right now, as we decided to go with a quick short run to make sure we have product for the Wearin' o' the Green. We don't have a distribution deal worked out yet, so it won't likely make it into stores until we do (if you've any suggestions, by all means, do tell). I'd love to get you a copy for your podcast. Tell me when and where, and I'll get one into your hands.
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

I, um, have a podcast.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Good Stuff jdub....

Good Luck. Are you using CDBaby to sell your disc ?

Scrivener and PZ, if you guys need some martin Denny-esque lounge tuneage for your podcasts, let me know,...Tikiyaki Orchestra at your service.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                I, um, have a podcast.
                Well then we shall have to see to getting you a copy as well.

Tiki - Not CD Baby, but something similar once we go with a 1000-unit run. Well, maybe baby.
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

Put me down for an autographed copy !!!

So when's the CD Release Party ?????

Very exciting stuff !! CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!

DD
                  www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                    Put me down for an autographed copy !!!

So when's the CD Release Party ?????

Very exciting stuff !! CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!

DD
                    CD release party? Yeah, we're in the planning stages of planning one. The truth is, I'll be happy just to get through the weekend in one piece. Getting the product together, mix, master, design and manufacture has all gone down in the past week and I'm wiped out. Gonna need some rest before the Saint Paddy's Day madness goes down.
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

Doesn't matter

You have a commitment to your fans. And we DEMAND a CD release party where we can all dance drunk and naked just as the Irish tradition dictates. I'm sorry, but you really don't have a choice.

hehehehe

Yes, get your rest and relaxation. This weekend is gonna be a killer !! I promise I'll find a babysitter one of these days so I can check you guys out.

Congrats again on your CD !!

DD
                      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                        Doesn't matter

You have a commitment to your fans. And we DEMAND a CD release party where we can all dance drunk and naked just as the Irish tradition dictates. I'm sorry, but you really don't have a choice.

DD
                        You're right. If we do have a CD release party, we'll almost certainly bill it as a "fan appreciation night." We've got a lot of people who are as excited as we are about the new record, and it certainly wouldn't have been possible to make it if we hadn't had such consistently crowded Saturdays the past couple of years.
                        Don't be mean,
                        try to help.

Comment

It's a real accomplishment to finish something like that! Congrats. Love Irish music. I used to drive the other guys in my band crazy by singing "Carrickfergus" in sound checks!
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                            It's a real accomplishment to finish something like that! Congrats. Love Irish music. I used to drive the other guys in my band crazy by singing "Carrickfergus" in sound checks!
                            Hahahaha!! I bet you just wanted to say "Carrickfergus!" Seriously, though, thanks for the good vibes, yall. The nice thing is that I know you're all quite sincere. Get your Irish up and come see us at the Murphy's block party at 5pm tomorrow.
                            Last edited by jdub; March 16, 2007, 06:21 PM.
                            Don't be mean,
                            try to help.

Comment

I'll be there! Anybody else going?

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X