Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerosmith coming to Hawai`i 9/26

According to this item, Aerosmith is coming in September:

"Aerosmith, known as the "bad boys of rock" from Boston with roots in the 1970s, will bring their blues and rock chops to the Maui County Fair, at 7 p.m. Sept. 26 at the Maui War Memorial Stadium.
    "The group features Steven Tyler on lead vocals, keyboards, piano, harmonica, percussion; Joe Perry, on lead and rhythm guitars and background vocals; Brad Whitford, on rhythm and lead guitars; Tom Hamilton, on bass, rhythm guitar and background vocals; and Joey Kramer, on drums, percussion and background vocals. All but Whitford are founding members of Aerosmith, which has been inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.
    "Tickets are $125 and $85 for reserved seats, $65 for general admission."

(...)
    "The group will be on O'ahu next month for a private performance at the Les Murakami Stadium on the University of Hawai'i-Manoa campus; that corporate gig prohibits an additional Honolulu show."

More info at the link.
    That last sentence is a bummer, but.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Aerosmith coming to Hawai`i 9/26

Bummer for us on Oahu. But happy for Maui fans of the group. I wonder whenever they will do a show on Oahu again. My wife remembers a show at the Blaisdell about 20 years ago.

There are alot more private corporate concert gigs than many of us are aware of
    some are held at the Convention Center.

Aj

Comment

Here's the Maui News story on the concert. It actually makes sense for Steve to be coming to Maui. He hangs out in Wailea/Kihei a lot and the Maui appearance of the band is the last stop on the current tour.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        It actually makes sense for Steve to be coming to Maui.
        He might play tourist on Maui, but the only reason they're doing the show there is because they can't do it on Oahu.

“It’s a nice element to kick off the 85th county fair, almost like a prelude,” said fair Director Sherri Grimes.

“My first concern has always been what the county fair is for,” she said, adding that she sees Aerosmith fitting in well with the fair’s overall theme “because of the genre of the music. I’m celebrating 85 years of memories. This will bring in the baby boomers. It will nicely complement it.”
        Translation: We don't want no steenking keeds at da fair. Old farts only!

Comment

If anyone is planning to go to Maui from another island to this, make up your mind today because Go! and Hawaiian airlines is having a $25 each way ticket sale that is effective only today, with the travel window now to Sept. 30.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            Bummer for us on Oahu. But happy for Maui fans of the group. I wonder whenever they will do a show on Oahu again. My wife remembers a show at the Blaisdell about 20 years ago.

There are alot more private corporate concert gigs than many of us are aware of
            some are held at the Convention Center.

Aj
            I went to that show in 88'. White Lion opened up for them.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
              I went to that show in 88'. White Lion opened up for them.
              Is that the last time Aerosmith played here was the Permanent Vacation tour?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                Is that the last time Aerosmith played here was the Permanent Vacation tour?

Aj
                Yes that was the last time Aerosmith did a concert in Hawaii.

Comment

Word is that Steely Dan is sharing the bill with Aerosmith at that corporate gig.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    If anyone is planning to go to Maui from another island to this, make up your mind today because Go! and Hawaiian airlines is having a $25 each way ticket sale that is effective only today, with the travel window now to Sept. 30.
                    Got to get my aerosmith tickets! Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

I never saw them in concert. I bet they rock it. Trips my trigger that they're still doing concerts.
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I dug up some old ticket stubs I had and an Aerosmith concert in 1983 was only $12.50.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          Word is that Steely Dan is sharing the bill with Aerosmith at that corporate gig.
                          HOLY COW! Anybody want to join me sitting by the dorms over the right field wall? Man, those lucky kids in the dorm have it MADE!
                          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                            HOLY COW! Anybody want to join me sitting by the dorms over the right field wall? Man, those lucky kids in the dorm have it MADE!
                            I was thinking of doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                              Originally posted by na alii View Post
                              I was thinking of doing the same.
                              So wea we going meet? I'll bring PuPu's!

And my P.K.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X