• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lei Liko
    replied
    Re: Britney Finished?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Part of me wants to tease you about the fact that (a) you know the kids' names (or at least their initials) - which is more than I do, since I think they ought to be kept private; and (b) that you admit to reading the tabloids - yet you don't seem to be too fond of the paps; the first supports the second, y'know.

But only part of me. So I won't. Cause I like ya, and we're in agreement here - and I know YOU know my teasing you about it is entirely good-natured.

At least, I HOPE you know that. You do now, right?
    Tease me all you like, LL. It's no secret that TMZ.com's a daily must-read for me. I don't know what intrigues me so much about celebrity trainwrecks. I suppose it's because lots of us like knowing that the celeb life isn't always the glamorous life and that they're human and have issues too. Some more than others. It's not that I'm not too fond of the paps because if I were really against them, I wouldn't be watching shows like Entertainment Tonight and reading garbage like People and US Weekly. Their belief in using force by any means necessary to get that money shot I don't agree with, though.

I guess I draw the line when it comes to the kids. They don't need to be in the spotlight. Except for Suri Cruise because she's just so effing adorable.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    It is my sincere hope that there's someone out there who will be a positive role model to SPF and JJ. I see their pictures in the tabloids and my heart really goes out to them.
    Part of me wants to tease you about the fact that (a) you know the kids' names (or at least their initials) - which is more than I do, since I think they ought to be kept private; and (b) that you admit to reading the tabloids - yet you don't seem to be too fond of the paps; the first supports the second, y'know.

But only part of me. So I won't. Cause I like ya, and we're in agreement here - and I know YOU know my teasing you about it is entirely good-natured.

At least, I HOPE you know that. You do now, right?

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

A-freaking-men.

Those kids have been photographed by the paps in their short lives more than notable celebs out there...and they're not even potty trained yet!

It's disgusting how Brit and K-Fed never put much thought in how their outrageous behavior reflected on the kids. It is my sincere hope that there's someone out there who will be a positive role model to SPF and JJ. I see their pictures in the tabloids and my heart really goes out to them. I don't know if I've ever seen a photo of them smiling and happy. Every kid deserves that.
    Contrast that with how Dannielynn Hope Smith is being raised by her daddy, Larry Birkhead. I've only seen her once on Larry King and she is being raised in TN, I think, away from the Hollywood paparazzi.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Shame when the kids only get "evils" to be raised by. They are certainly both "lessers." Poor kids. Maybe someone will be sure they get raised out of the spotlight; they might have a fighting chance then.
    A-freaking-men.

Those kids have been photographed by the paps in their short lives more than notable celebs out there...and they're not even potty trained yet!

It's disgusting how Brit and K-Fed never put much thought in how their outrageous behavior reflected on the kids. It is my sincere hope that there's someone out there who will be a positive role model to SPF and JJ. I see their pictures in the tabloids and my heart really goes out to them. I don't know if I've ever seen a photo of them smiling and happy. Every kid deserves that.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

he's definitely the lesser of two evils.
    Shame when the kids only get "evils" to be raised by. They are certainly both "lessers." Poor kids. Maybe someone will be sure they get raised out of the spotlight; they might have a fighting chance then.

Leave a comment:

• infinitypro
    replied

Sadder for her, yes.

The kids will most likely miss their mommy, and they don't know this yet, but IMO...the judge did them a favor.

I'm no FedEx fan myself, but at this point, he's definitely the lesser of two evils.
    I agree.

The unraveling of her life for all of us to view is just sad. Ultimately, it's her choices that have caused the turmoil in her life.

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
    And the story just gets sadder.
    Sadder for her, yes.

The kids will most likely miss their mommy, and they don't know this yet, but IMO...the judge did them a favor.

I'm no FedEx fan myself, but at this point, he's definitely the lesser of two evils.

Leave a comment:

• infinitypro
    replied

And the story just gets sadder.

Leave a comment:

• nikki
    replied

I love Aguilera, always have. There's no comparison with Britney. Britney and her music have never grown up. Aguilera keeps evolving and trying new things.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Well, there was a time where I didn't care for Christina in her post "Genie in the Bottle" skank phase.

But she grew up and cleaned up. I like her now.

I'm just wondering when Britney is going to finally cleaned herself up from her now-skank phase.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

pardon the meandering musings....

i've been hearing brit's new song on the radio now and again (if you haven't heard it--it's very sad). i also own christina aguilera's newest cd set.

i know some lump britney spears in with christina aguilera. they're both blond, of the same generation, were concurrent mouseketeers, and were part of the pop explosion of the late nineties. however, i think their (un?)conscious viewpoints about the power inherent in being a woman and what womanhood means informs their success or failures.

britney squandered the power she had, not having a full understanding or appreciation of that power. christina, despite her "dirrty" past, has kept a lot of her power. i think a lot of you would agree that, over the years, christina's image has been a lot more provocative (skanky, if you will) than britney's has. britney seems to have gone through her career being led around by her parents and other handlers. on the other hand, christina willfully rebelled against her record label after having initially been sold as the next mariah carey with a more wholesome image than britney. i don't remember any of britney's songs being about issues like abuse or the unfairness of how women still suffer a double standard, but some of christina's songs have. both women were "passed the torch" from madonna via a kiss. most of you remember the kiss madge and brit shared; not the one between xtina and madge, right?

but only one had the true understanding of what madonna's real skill was. it was to push and test boundaries as to what a female artist/celebrity could or should or would do--in terms of marketing herself or making political/artistic statements (or making statements not so profound) and yet still be accepted and respected, both in the still largely male-dominated music world, and in american society in general.

anyway, madonnna once did a duet with britney. i wonder if madonna watched brit's performance at the recent VMAs and what she thought. also, will she ever do a duet with christina? in terms of raw singing talent (evita notwithstanding), christina's pipes blow madonna's away like a category five hurricane does a palm tree.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Hey, dude, 4 years of yoga.
    Obviously you really don't need a man.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    If your thighs can actually choke your neck, I'd be impressed.
    Hey, dude, 4 years of yoga.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by MatildaRose View Post
    Could the same be said for Elvis? His weight didn't fluctuate (once he obtained huge, he stayed huge, for the most part). But the cause of the weight gain and the inability to control it were due in large part to his substance abuse. Obviously, his health suffered, but his career didn't suffer because of it. Elvis will always be king!
    Yeah, but I prefer the pictures of the younger, skinnier Elvis.

The same goes for Ann Wilson of Heart, and most recently Britney (the "Oh, Baby" period).

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    I'd laugh but my thighs would take revenge on me.
    If your thighs can actually choke your neck, I'd be impressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X