Britney Finished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Britney Finished?

Playboy was mentioned on this thread and just this AM or yesterday's, one of the KSSK phone-in, Hollywood reporters said that poor Brittany recently contacted Playboy and said that she is finally ready to do the magazine, as they'd offered her years ago and told her she could "write her own paycheck" in the deal.

Playboy said "no thanks!" reportedly.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      Playboy was mentioned on this thread and just this AM or yesterday's, one of the KSSK phone-in, Hollywood reporters said that poor Brittany recently contacted Playboy and said that she is finally ready to do the magazine, as they'd offered her years ago and told her she could "write her own paycheck" in the deal.

Playboy said "no thanks!" reportedly.
      Sighs.

Seriously, somebody need to stage an intervention for her.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: Why I think Kanye didn't host the VMAs

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        MTV plays rap. hip-hop is not the same. hip-hop has not existed since the mid-'90s.

and that's all kids are doing--wearing it, speaking it, acting it--they are not being it.
        Mike, c'mon. Hip Hop is an evolving genre. Because it has evolved into to a version of itself that you don't like, doesn't mean it's not hip hop.

Maybe the version of it now is not to your liking, or maybe it's become pop culture, so it's no longer "hip hop" in your eyes.

I had the first RUN-DMC record when it came out. To me, THAT'S HIP HOP.
        Kurtis Blow, Whodini, LL COOL J...but that's almost 25 years ago. I'll take any of those guys over what is now called Hip Hop.

But that's just me. I personally "checked out" on Hip Hop when I NWA started talking about killing cops and ushered in "Gangsta Rap".

That was the end of it for me.

To say kids aren't "being" hip hop is a broad sweep. There are lots of people "being" hip hop. Just not the version of it you like.

Hip Hop is currently so big, it has no choice but to eat itself. Which it will eventually do.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I saw a few clips last night and DANG. I think she looked HOT. Hotter than I've ever seen her.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Please note: in all of this discussion, and particularly in my dissing of Ms. Spears talents as an entertainer, not once have I commented on the evolution of her bodily appearance. I understand the public obsession with this aspect - that's what feeds the celebrity image beast. I just don't find body image as relevant to those who make their living as singers.

Think of Ann Wilson of Heart (who just released her first solo album this week, btw.) She was svelte during Heart's initial late-'70s heyday; since then, she has grown large. She's still an amazingly good singer, and I don't really care whether she's petite or momona. Same with Linda Ronstadt.

So - an opportunity to support ericncyn's "double standard" comments: are there any male singers who you feel had their careers wither away due to changes in their body image?

Comment

She makes over 700K a month,
              From what?

And what level of living is she used to? Her "poverty level" that forces her to re-invent herself my come at a higher level then the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                From what?

And what level of living is she used to? Her "poverty level" that forces her to re-invent herself my come at a higher level then the rest of us.
                I think she has a successful line of perfume for one.

Comment

So Letterman comes on last night and says,"Did anyone see the VMA awards the other night? Didn't Kirstie Alley look great?"
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    So - an opportunity to support ericncyn's "double standard" comments: are there any male singers who you feel had their careers wither away due to changes in their body image?
                    On a similar note- Did Dr. Dre look like he's on steroids now? He was so big it looked like he was wearing the pre-Vili UH Football Warrior mascot's outfit! Or even Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon as Hans & Franz.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                      So Letterman comes on last night and says,"Did anyone see the VMA awards the other night? Didn't Kirstie Alley look great?"
                      I'd laugh but my thighs would take revenge on me.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

[...]She makes over 700K a month, so if she has no career left she'll be fine if she just won't blow it all on partying,[...]
                        I don't know how current that $700K/mo. figure is but she makes and will continue to make money off her past recordings. If...and that's a BIG IF!...she employs a reputable financial planner then, yes, she's probably set for life. That could mean, tho', a lifestyle less ostentacious than she's used to living. Some people would rather die than backpedal.
                        Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        [...]So - an opportunity to support ericncyn's "double standard" comments: are there any male singers who you feel had their careers wither away due to changes in their body image?
                        The first male name that comes to mind is the late Luther Vandross and his see-saw weight issues. However, his career didn't wither away because of it. Unfortunately, his health did. Whatta voice.

My guess is if the Brit is willing to walk away from work for a few years for the sole purpose of devoting time to her kids AND she puts honest effort into staying out of the limelight, she'll eventually be able to resume her career enveloped by public forgiveness and acceptance. Unfortunately the limelight appears to be an addiction. Possibly the question then becomes...can her pop tart voice sustain the career of a more mature woman? Personally I don't see an ability to reinvent herself over the years such as Madonna's done because, imnsho, Brittney's talent is just too limited.

I'd really love to be a fly on the wall in a room that contains her agent, manager and financial team. They all must be wincing as they watch a huge chunk of their income go right down the drain.
                        Last edited by tutusue; September 12, 2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Could the same be said for Elvis? His weight didn't fluctuate (once he obtained huge, he stayed huge, for the most part). But the cause of the weight gain and the inability to control it were due in large part to his substance abuse. Obviously, his health suffered, but his career didn't suffer because of it. Elvis will always be king!

Comment

Leave Britney Alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, normally I wouldn't laugh at someone who was in tears and begging for someone to stop doing what they were doing................but man, I couldn't stop laughing at this.

*warning* There's foul language in this video clip, so send the kiddies to their rooms and turn the speakers down.

Enjoy

DD

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE !!!!
                            www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Re: Leave Britney Alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mental Illness is TREATABLE!

Once again.

Open dee bottle. Take out dee pill. Put in dee mouth and swallow with wata!

Auntie Pupule
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm thinking that because of the way Britney Spears dressed herself up to her present form, her outfits (or lack thereof) helped define her role as a sex symbol along with her provocative dance steps/moves.

That said I would imagine that her losing that svelt body would have a direct impact on her popularity because she wanted the world to judge her by her physical appearance. Otherwise she wouldn't have made provocative videos or songs. She exploited sex as a vehicle for stardom and now that vehicle is losing steam.

But hey if Cher and Madonna can do it, so can Britney, Beyonce, Shakira and the host of other hip gyrators who tantalize the MTV world with their bodies.

I guess that phrase holds true here: If you got it...flaunt it. But make sure you got a good financial adviser when you lose what you got.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X