Re: Britney Finished?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    ... Whither Debbie Gibson?
    Oh dear, LL...it's DEBORAH Gibson now.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Pop Tarts come, Pop Tarts go. She was just one in a long, unbroken line of disposable music celebrities, manufactured by a corpulent and dying dinosaur of an industry, then tossed aside for the next "flavor-of-the-day." She's deluded if she thinks she still has a career. Whither Debbie Gibson?

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Oh great. A Britney-bashing thread. This will be long-winded.

Bash MTV first. Last night's VMA's (as a whole) sucked!
    It's a blessing that they'll only be showing the "awards" show in its entirety once. From what I understand, they'll have a "Greatest Moments" special (that will most likely be shown in re-runs as all MTV shows are). I'm surprised they even bothered to give awards out at all. It seemed like they were in a different club/suite every 2 minutes. God bless Alicia Keys for redeeming it all. At least SOMEONE at the show could sing!

Whoever decided to bring Sarah Silverman on needs to be fired. SRSLY, referring to Britney's kids as "mistakes"? That's poor taste, even for MTV. There are just some lines you do not cross.

The Britney performance was just tragic, but it was pure genius on MTV's part. I don't know how many people tuned in, but I'm sure the numbers are way up there because everyone wanted to see her. I doubt that anyone expected her to crash and burn like that.

Mad props to Dr. Dre for coming out of hiding!

Leave a comment:

• MatildaRose
    replied

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
    Britney's career is officially a train wreck.

Maybe we should take a vote and ask, "Who cares?" She is/was her own worst enemy; she has no one to blame but herself (her agent should be history, too).

Leave a comment:

• sinjin
    replied

Britney's career is officially a train wreck.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Mahi Waina View Post
    I was reacting to the AP News article:

"Lethargic movements that seemed choreographed by a dance instructor for a nursing home. The paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly."
    Thank (insert your fave deity here) that writer has never seen me dance hula.

In fact, you should all be so grateful.

Leave a comment:

• Mahi Waina
    replied

Ummm...who said anything here about her body shape?
    You're right, nobody here mentioned her weight. Sorry, I was reacting to the AP News article:

"Out-of-synch lip-synching. Lethargic movements that seemed choreographed by a dance instructor for a nursing home. The paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly. At times she just stopped singing altogether, as if even she knew nothing could save her performance."

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Oh great. A Britney-bashing thread. This will be long-winded.

Bash MTV first. Last night's VMA's (as a whole) sucked!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Britney who?

Leave a comment:

• MatildaRose
    replied

Does she have to?

...tick...tick...tick...*DING!* Of all people, she should know the term for when your fifteen minutes of fame has elapsed - it's called "crossing the federline."
    Possibly. I'm curious as to how much she has to pay the money-hungry Federline per their divorce settlement. I'm not impressed by either one of them. The word "tacky" comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• GeckoGeek
    replied

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    What do you think? Can she come back?
    My gut feeling? She can, if she really gets serious about it.

The question is how long can she keep fooling herself and what does she do when she finally wakes up.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

I like a girl with a little meat on her bones. After all the complaints about anorexic models, why slam her for having curves?

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    I've only seen stills and if you ask me she now looks like the rest of us normal women. I'm not saying she IS normal. I'd have to say that we look about the same in a bikini--which is why I wear a tankini, LOL!

It's gonna be a wonderful week!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

I like a girl with a little meat on her bones. After all the complaints about anorexic models, why slam her for having curves?
    I've only seen stills and if you ask me she now looks like the rest of us normal women. I'm not saying she IS normal. I'd have to say that we look about the same in a bikini--which is why I wear a tankini, LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

why slam her for having curves?

Leave a comment:

• Mahi Waina
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X