Micheal Anthony Speaks Out About Van Halen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micheal Anthony Speaks Out About Van Halen

this is a great read, and really shows what a class act this bass player is.

Michael Anthony Rolling Stone Interview

DD
    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Re: Micheal Anthony Speaks Out About Van Halen

Great link. What a class act.

I couldn’t figure out what they were trying to do except for brainwash the fans into thinking I was never in the band. That bummed me out quite a bit. I’m proud of all my history with Van Halen, and maybe they feel otherwise.
    This is ridiculous. Now for sure I wouldn't go even if someone gave me free tickets. Why can't VH call this a new chapter in its history without pissing on the undeniable contribution of Michael Anthony? You can tell the interviewer knows where I'm coming from (in the other thread about this "reunion") because he mentions the BGVs twice.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'd most certainly go see Sammy's band if they came here. Doesn't Sammy live part-time in Maui??

Aj

Comment

Sammy's current M.O. is to make it a festival-type thing, so costs could be prohibitive. I'd totally see Sammy.

"I don't mind
        when you act your age
        it suits me fine
        that you treat me
        like a child!"
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Wow,

They actually removed Michael Anthony's face from the album covers.

How hurtful and immature. How old is EVH to be acting like a frikken child ?

And the DLR and AVH go along with it.

What a loser. I hope the fans throw stuff at him and his kid.

The ounce of respect I had left for EVH has officially left the building.
          Last edited by tikiyaki; September 11, 2007, 04:51 AM.
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            Wow, They actually removed Michael Anthony's face from the album covers.

The ounce of respect I had left for EVH has officially left the building.
            I remember upon first hearing about that more than a month ago, the album covers on their website did appear to have Michael photoshopped out.

But if you go back to their website today, it appears they put the original covers back (showing Mike). There's only two covers that show the band members anyway: The debut album and Women and Children First.

Here's a promotional photo of the "new" Van Halen with Wolfgang. Wolfie sure looks like his mom.. at least in that photo. At least he's following in his dad's footsteps, musically; hopefully with a less-egotistical attitude. Brother gotta' loose some pounds though. Overweight rock stars just don't match. lol

That RS interview with MA doesn't surprise me one bit. No wonder he's befriended Sammy. Sammy has just as much class, as was evident in a phone interview he had with Dave Lawrence (KPOI) about a year ago. He really didn't bad-mouth VH, but just seemed bewildered why EVH was being such a pr#ck. You could tell all Sammy wanted was the best for the band, with or without him. Same like MA seemed to reflect here.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              I remember upon first hearing about that more than a month ago, the album covers on their website did appear to have Michael photoshopped out.

But if you go back to their website today, it appears they put the original covers back (showing Mike). There's only two covers that show the band members anyway: The debut album and Women and Children First.

Here's a promotional photo of the "new" Van Halen with Wolfgang. Wolfie sure looks like his mom.. at least in that photo. At least he's following in his dad's footsteps, musically; hopefully with a less-egotistical attitude. Brother gotta' loose some pounds though. Overweight rock stars just don't match. lol

That RS interview with MA doesn't surprise me one bit. No wonder he's befriended Sammy. Sammy has just as much class, as was evident in a phone interview he had with Dave Lawrence (KPOI) about a year ago. He really didn't bad-mouth VH, but just seemed bewildered why EVH was being such a pr#ck. You could tell all Sammy wanted was the best for the band, with or without him. Same like MA seemed to reflect here.
              Yea, Wolfie's a little chubby. Eddie looks great in the photo, especially for what his health has gone through. Still, he's a bum in my book.

Let's see how long him and DLR last. I'm giving it 2 months, at best.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
              X